Why I Am A Mormon - Page 15 of 21

"Our most important spiritual nutrient - Page 15 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 8th Sep, 2007 - 1:42am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 21 pgs.  11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19  ...Latest (21) »

?
Poll: What has the LDS Deep Doctrine Board on this forum done for you?
  Enlightened my knowledge of the Gospel       34.09%
  Gave me another perspective       18.18%
  Increased my Faith in Jesus Christ       6.82%
  Made me want to be a better person       6.82%
  Invigorated me to study the scriptures more       27.27%
  Caused me to Doubt what I believe       0.00%
  I have not gained nor lost anything by it       6.82%
Total Votes: 44
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
LDS Online Testimony Testimony Meeting for LDS Posters. Share your feelings about the Gospel and how you became a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints..
10th Feb, 2007 - 9:00pm / Post ID: #

Why I Am A Mormon - Page 15

Paintingblue, thank you for sharing your touching testimony. Yes, the temple blesses us in ways we don't even know! I remember when we first started going back to church and the blessings we received *just for going to church* were so abundant! Since going to the temple, I know that we have received more than we can describe. Blessings to you!

Roz

Sponsored Links:
10th Feb, 2007 - 11:04pm / Post ID: #

Mormon I Why

The Temple blesses us.

Thank you Farseer, I know I had to go. The lord softened my husband heart and my husband allowed me to go to the temple. You see my husband is not a member. Also to Valla, hang in there your time will come just pray for it and the lord will make it happen.
Paintingblue

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please learn how to use the Quote Tags. See our Constructive Posting Policy.

Post Date: 30th Apr, 2007 - 7:11pm / Post ID: #

Why I Am A Mormon Studies Doctrine Mormon

Yesterday's Testimony

"The Prophet Joseph Smith [said] that he 'had to pray all the time, exercise faith, live his religion, and magnify his calling, to obtain the manifestations of the Lord, and to keep him steadfast in the faith' (Discourses of Brigham Young, sel. John A. Widtsoe [1954], 469). All of us may expect some challenges to our faith. These challenges may come in different ways. You may not always like the counsel that the Church leaders give to you. They are not trying to be popular. They are trying to help us avoid the calamities and disappointments that come through disobedience to God's laws."
-- (James E. Faust, "Called and Chosen," Ensign, Nov. 2005, 54)

Post Date: 29th Jun, 2007 - 3:22pm / Post ID: #

Page 15 Mormon I Why

"There is in the Church a central core of power deeper than programs or meeting or associations. It does not change. It cannot erode. It is constant and certain. It never recedes or fades. "While the Church is housed in chapels, it lives in the heart and soul of every Latter-day Saint.

"Everywhere in the world, humble members draw inspiration from the scriptures to guide them through life, not fully understanding that they have found that 'pearl of great price' (Matthew 13:46) about which the Lord spoke to His disciples. . . .

"Each can receive assurance which comes through inspiration and testifies that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is just as He declared it to be, 'the only true and living church upon the face of the whole earth' (D&C 1:30)."

(Boyd K. Packer, "On Zion's Hill," Ensign, Nov. 2005, 73)

30th Jun, 2007 - 12:55pm / Post ID: #

Mormon I Why

I have just gotten the most wonderful testimony. It has taken me 10 years to finally realise that I am not perfect I never will be. The Lord will love me no matter what I do. I need to go to church to get through what ever foolish or inperfect thing that I have done. I struggled for so many years going back and forth decided if I should go to church on Sundays or not.
I finally made a concious effort I was not going to think of Sundays as a day where I decided if I should go or not.
I was going to just get up and go as if I am going to work and this day was going to be a day of learning and a day of peace.
Paintingblue

1st Jul, 2007 - 3:47am / Post ID: #

Why I Am A Mormon

Good for you, Paintingblue! I know that it can be hard in the beginning, but keep going. Back when I resumed going to church after a long absence, I remember being in my car, all the way to church, with my mind arguing with itself whether or not I should turn around and go home! Stick with it! It's so worth it!

Roz

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
2nd Jul, 2007 - 3:10am / Post ID: #

Why I Mormon - Page 15

Thankyou Roz I was talking with a member from church who was struggling with coming to church regularly when I felt I needed to share this testimony with them.
You see I knew exactly whet this person was going through, I went through the same thing. I also felt inadequate.
Anna

Post Date: 8th Sep, 2007 - 1:42am / Post ID: #

Why I Mormon Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 15

"Our most important spiritual nutrient is a testimony that God is our Eternal Father, that Jesus is our Savior and Redeemer, and that the Holy Ghost is our Comforter. This testimony is confirmed to us by the gift of the Holy Ghost. From this testimony we derive the spiritual nutrients of faith and trust in God, which bring forth the blessings of heaven."

(James E. Faust, "Spiritual Nutrients," Ensign, Nov. 2006, 53)

"When we bear testimony, we declare the absolute truth of the gospel message. In a time when many perceive truth as relative, a declaration of absolute truth is not very popular, nor does it seem politically correct or opportune. Testimonies of things how 'they really are' (Jacob 4:13) are bold, true, and vital because they have eternal consequences for mankind. Satan wouldn't mind if we declared the message of our faith and gospel doctrine as negotiable according to circumstances. Our firm conviction of gospel truth is an anchor in our lives; it is steady and reliable as the North Star. A testimony is very personal and may be a little different for each of us, because everyone is a unique person."

(Dieter F. Uchtdorf, "The Power of a Personal Testimony," Ensign, Nov. 2006, 38)

> TOPIC: Why I Am A Mormon

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,