Why I Am A Mormon - Page 18 of 21

Mine is simple, I know this is the true church, - Page 18 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 2nd Apr, 2014 - 6:40pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 21 pgs.  14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 

?
Poll: What has the LDS Deep Doctrine Board on this forum done for you?
  Enlightened my knowledge of the Gospel       34.09%
  Gave me another perspective       18.18%
  Increased my Faith in Jesus Christ       6.82%
  Made me want to be a better person       6.82%
  Invigorated me to study the scriptures more       27.27%
  Caused me to Doubt what I believe       0.00%
  I have not gained nor lost anything by it       6.82%
Total Votes: 44
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
LDS Online Testimony Testimony Meeting for LDS Posters. Share your feelings about the Gospel and how you became a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints..
Post Date: 29th Oct, 2011 - 10:59am / Post ID: #

Why I Am A Mormon - Page 18

Name: Ryan

Title: hi

Comments: Hello I'm going to serve in Canada in a few weeks cant wait. It will be a great opportunity. I am a little scared but I know that everything will go great.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Sep, 2012 - 5:15pm / Post ID: #

Mormon I Why

Name: Padie

Comments: I love to the church and it means so much for my life. I read the Book of Mormon everyday because it inspires me to do right when I am away from home.

5th Nov, 2012 - 2:43pm / Post ID: #

Why I Am A Mormon Studies Doctrine Mormon

Born into the church and grew up learning all about the Book of Mormon... That's how I became a member. I am still active in the church because I believe the core values are a good guide but there can be some fanatics that need to breathe fresh air so they can not be so closed minded.

Post Date: 10th Jan, 2013 - 9:31am / Post ID: #

Page 18 Mormon I Why

Name: why worry now

Title: Why I am Mormon.

Comments: As a child, my Father traveled and we were in several areas. I would find the family that goes to church and jump in their car. I went to several churches. Long story short; I was guided by my Mom to go to the LDS branch in Corsicana, Texas that was meeting at the Seventh Day Adventist Church. I was 15 years old. When I had my first lesson, I knew immediately the church was true. I had not opened up the Book of Mormon or asked any of my many questions which I had written inside my Bible. I felt the spirit more that particular moment more than any other time in life. I don't have that love for the Book of Mormon many talk about. I love the Bible! Wonderful memories of my discussions with my wonderful Father about the Bible. I do read the Book of Mormon and receive answers. I don't have that drive to adopt the Mormon culture. I feel like an odd ball misunderstood. Yet, I know the church is true. I hear so many talk about the inactive and all the reasons why people go inactive. There is a big elephant in the room no one discusses ever! If you are striving to go to the Celestial Kingdom to be with your eternal family that you have grown to love and adore; you will strive to be and perform the part easily. If you hear that once they have been provided the opportunity to accept the gospel here on earth. Well, that's all your family. So you go each Sunday to hear about Celestial marriages, children born under the covenant; parents that led with perfect examples....Then, you ask "What the heck am I doing here?" I don't want to go to a heaven where everyone I truly love will not be there. My mother hates this church. No Mormon will marry me once they met my Mom. I read my Patriarchal blessing often and pursued to do the things written in it. I try to ignore the eternal families while I complete my genealogy work. I go to the temple and hope they are there at least to say Hello in my mind. I did the temple work for my grandmother that died and couldn't stand me. She came to the temple which I least expected. I was in the washing area and I felt this love I had never felt before then. There was no vision but it was a feeling I've never had but I knew is was true love thick enough to cut. The woman stopped and asked me "Who I was doing the temple work for?" I told her my Grandmother. She said, "Oh, both of you must have been very close in this life. I have never felt such love." That's when I was validated about that strong feeling of love that had entered the room. I still get choked up remembering that moment. I can write it. I cannot tell it. I came from a long line of activist. Always try making a future for the ones we leave behind. I am a union member, a fighter for equal rights, a doer for advocacy. I am a democrat. I look back at the issues I fought to achieve and they have all been good as far as I'm concerned. There still is a mile between Mormon democrats. So, yes I'm alone in most of my thoughts. But one thing remains; we all share a testimony in the truthfulness of the gospel. I know this church to be true. The best thing that happen when I joined the church was the first person that spoke to me was Prophet Joseph Fielding Smith's niece. Everyone in the church gossiped about her. She was going to get it. Being raised around Prophets and apostles but she doesn't act like it. They picked on everything she did. Joseph Fielding Smith was Prophet at the time (1971). After introducing herself, she said she had never lived outside of Utah and for the life of her she couldn't understand why her husband had to take a job in Corsicana, Texas. They were the ones that started the branch a few weeks before I came. The nearest church was 50 miles away. Then, the second thing she said, "Now, I know it was because of you." I'm positive that I wouldn't have been an active member today if I had not socialized with her and her father (the son of Joseph F. Smith and brother of Joseph Fielding Smith).. I know I have failed the Lord in most areas. I can say this. I have done my genealogy! I have tried. I truly have tried. I can only bare myself because Sis Gladys Smith White said "I was a very special spirit saved up by my Heavenly Father when he had need of me here." I wish I could have told her later in life; that was how my Patriachal Blessing started out.

Post Date: 11th Jan, 2013 - 5:09pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Mormon I Why

An unlikely Mormon: Former U. Basketball star shares conversion story

A former Utah basketball player recounts the series of miracles that led him to join the LDS Church. Ref. Source 4

Post Date: 19th Aug, 2013 - 3:41am / Post ID: #

Why I Am  A Mormon
A Friend

Why I Am A Mormon

I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day saints because it is true. I am currently serving as a counselor in a Stake Presidency. When I was born my parents were members of the church but were not active. I was baptized when I was 8 years old but never really was an active member. When I was 12 my parents became active and went to the temple but I wasn't really interested. I joined the army at 17. My lifestyle at that stage of my life was pretty rough. During my military training in New Jersey a friend of mine from my home town who joined the army with me and I were arrested which made the local papers. Some friends from our home town who were active members of the church found out about our arrest and held a special fast for us. The following week events happened that caused both of us independently to decide we needed to make some changes in our lives. We each separately made contact with a man we knew was a member of the church and asked for help getting to the church house. As I became associated with active members of the church I began to feel things that I hadn't felt for some time. My thirst for spiritual things became very intense and I read everything I could get my hands on. I read the Bible, the Book of Mormon, the Doctrine and Covenants, the Pearl of Great Price, Jesus the Christ, the Articles of faith, a Marvelous Work and a Wonder, and many, many more. I also studied conventional Christianity, Catholicism, and the Baha"I faith. I fasted once sometimes twice a week and prayed almost constantly. Although my family came from an LDS background I wanted to know what was really true. My study of the Book of Mormon became particularly intense and I fasted and prayed with some intensity to know if it was true. One night during this process I was overwhelmed with spiritual feelings that were so intense that even now 40 years later I cannot think about that experience without emotion. Through what I have come to recognize as the voice of the spirit God told me very directly that the Book of Mormon was the word of God and that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints was His authorized church. Since that time that witness of the truth has been repeated many times in many ways. As a result of that witness after my military service ended I served a mission to Venezuela and Trinidad. Although my spiritual witness is unquestioned I have also felt it was important to have an intellectual testimony of the church as well and have spent a great deal of time studying supporting evidence of the Church's validity. When I served as Bishop there were some people that I loved with all my heart that were confused and deceived by anti-Mormon literature and other writings contrary to the churches veracity. I spent several years studying those claims and issues raised in that literature. Through that study I have gained a firm intellectual testimony and although all counter claims have not been completely resolved the preponderance of evidence supports the truthfulness of the churches claims. Through service in the church and my family I have had many sacred spiritual experiences but I will only share one in this post. When I served on the island of Trinidad my companion Elder Daniel Rector and I began teaching a man named Basil Borde and his family. Mr. Borde told us that he had been an alcoholic most of his life. He said he began drinking when he was 14 and had had very few sober moments in his life. He told us of an experience he had when in the hospital where delirium tremors (DT's) almost killed him. He and his family loved what we were teaching but he was very doubtful that he could give up alcohol. Some of what follows will be taken from my missionary journal. 21 Aug 1977 "Tonight we went to the Borde's home. They had had some family problems and Mr. Borde was real drunk but made the decision to try and quit tomorrow. We"re going to begin a fast and give him a health blessing tomorrow. At 5:00 p.m." 22 Aug 1977. "At 5:00 p.m. We were waiting for Mr. Borde to give the priesthood blessing. We waited until 6:00 p.m. But no Mr. Borde. We finally went over to the Ferran's but they were just leaving"¦Back at the Borde's we found out Mr. Borde had only made it until 4:00 p.m. But it was obvious that he wanted help. We all prayed in turn. He was to be last. When we reached him all he could do was cry"¦He told us he felt the spirit and he said, "I saw a light, it's going to be okay, I saw a light". We gave him the blessing and he was promised the strength to overcome." 23 Aug 1977 "Well today was a big day. Brother Borde went his first full day without drinking. We went to his office just before lunch, that's his first big temptation." 24 Aug 1977 "We took him out to dinner to help through his first bad spot. Then we took him back to work. When 4:30 came and it was time for him to get off work we were there to help him. Brother Borde has now gone 48 hours." 29 Aug 1977 "we met the Bordes in Emil's house and he wanted to show us his baptismal site which was great joy for us. It looks very good". 31 Aug 1977 "We woke up at 4:00 a.m. To be ready for the 5:00 a.m. Baptism of the Bordes. They showed up a bit late so we didn't get started until 6:00. It was just getting light. The service was short, sweet and the spirit was very strong. It was beautiful. L loved it. The first family baptized on the Island." Basil Borde never drank again. [Follow-Up Reply] He did not experience DT's or any other adverse effects. It was obvious to all involved the power of God was manifest in Brother Borde's life. I have had many, many other sacred experiences that have continued to renew my witness of the power that is in the Gospel of Jesus Christ and of its truthfulness.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Mar, 2014 - 3:05pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Why I Mormon - Page 18

Catholic Monk to Mormon Priest

François Verny had been a Catholic monk, an actor, and a comedian in France, but what he really wanted in his life were real friends and true things. Ref. Source 4

2nd Apr, 2014 - 6:40pm / Post ID: #

Why I Mormon Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 18

Mine is simple, I know this is the true church, I know Joseph Smith is the Prophet of the Restoration.  I know that Jesus is the Christ, the chosen Messiah from the foundation of the world.  I believe that God has sent us our scriptures from holy men.  When I say "I know" it literally means I know as sure has I breathe air or drink water.  It is a reality to me, and not a hope of things.  In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

+  « First of 21 pgs.  14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 

> TOPIC: Why I Am A Mormon

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,