Why I Am A Mormon - Page 19 of 21

Name: Gospeldoc Country: Comments: I'm - Page 19 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 13th Jul, 2014 - 12:57pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 21 pgs.  15 16 17 18 19 20 21 

?
Poll: What has the LDS Deep Doctrine Board on this forum done for you?
  Enlightened my knowledge of the Gospel       34.09%
  Gave me another perspective       18.18%
  Increased my Faith in Jesus Christ       6.82%
  Made me want to be a better person       6.82%
  Invigorated me to study the scriptures more       27.27%
  Caused me to Doubt what I believe       0.00%
  I have not gained nor lost anything by it       6.82%
Total Votes: 44
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
LDS Online Testimony Testimony Meeting for LDS Posters. Share your feelings about the Gospel and how you became a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints..
Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2014 - 2:57pm / Post ID: #

Why I Am A Mormon - Page 19

Name: Fielding

Comments: Me too.  In a world where morals are declining, crime is increasing, and hate is in style, it is a huge blessing to be a member of a church which is headed the opposite direction.  What an anchor.  It's true, Christ is at the head

Sponsored Links:
4th Apr, 2014 - 2:43am / Post ID: #

Mormon I Why

I'm a convert to the church.  It took me about 4 months of prayer and studying to get my answer.  What was I expecting for an answer? An angel visit or a dream or SOMETHING like that.. .  but what I got was a simple understanding and an undeniable belief in the church. 

How did I get that belief? I asked.. .  many many times.  Through scripture like James 1:5, D&C 8:2, D&C 9:8-9, D&C 11:7, and many others.  I actually used to make fun of mormons and their belief, but then I've come to an understanding and have been baptized. 

I was baptized on the 16th of last month before I came up here to college at Washington State University.  The missionary discussions didn't take long because I already knew 95% of their material, so I only met 3 times with them in a single week and then was baptized on saturday then confirmed and aaronic priesthood set upon me the following sunday.  Then I moved up here to Washington State University where I've been studying my brains out reading the scriptures.  I'm also in institute and of course church every sunday (Yes sacrament and all, even though sunday school can get really monotonous). 

Ever since I got into college and studying the scriptures like crazy, my testimony has grown tremendously.  I even helped out the missionaries do their teachings to potential converts which only helped grow my testimony even more because I now had to teach the gospel.  I've decided not to go on a mission for now, too much obligations all going around at once.  School, the Air Force, and church all demanding loyalty.  So I've made a middle ground between all.  I've been studying the scriptures everyday for a good hour or so, helping out the missionaries on their talks, and doing Air Force training (ROTC) while in school.  All around good!

Anyways, thats my story so far.  I haven't been called to any position in the church or anything, but if God wants me to fill a position he'll find a way :)

Thanks,

Nick

4th Apr, 2014 - 8:46am / Post ID: #

Why I Am A Mormon Studies Doctrine Mormon

I am A convert, I was baptized about 18 yrs ago. When I was a child about 12 to 14 or so ( sorry if this sounds like Joseph Smith Test. But its true!) I felt the need to know about God ,Church and Ect. I managed to read the gospel as best I could ,(I had no knowledge of the church at that time) as I of myself came into the basic know of the Godhead, and Eternal Mother ,the Eternal precepts the Priesthhood  ect. I learned for myself that there at that time none of the churches were true and that God has to restore all things the same way he did in the scriptures thru a Prophet and his priesthood  an so sence I had not seen or heard of such eather he has or will in the future. I believed and yet did not know ! after I had turned 20 problems arose and caused great turmoil in my life as I returned to the gospel I thought I might find peace  and as I read and  felt troubled I prayed and I recieved that night a testimony of Jesus Christ thru the Holy Spirit WHich I have knowly never felt before. I felt peace in my mind ,I felt clean ,I felt a warm tingle feeling I felt numb and I felt as joyfull as I never have before .
and as afew days later I told my wife the same but as I testified to her what had been I saw something I never seen her whole person change spiritually it was like a cloud entered her and she became angry and said mean and wrong things as I continued  the Holy Spirit started to tell me what to say and she twisted all the scriptures and as I spoke the more angrier she got then as I spoke it was but it was not me that was speaking I heard the Lord speaking to her throu me .
And so later I came home to my mothers house and the missionaries were there I saw their name tags and saw the name of the Church an I knew at that time it was the True Church and this is My testimony .

4th Apr, 2014 - 6:27pm / Post ID: #

Page 19 Mormon I Why

Plain and simple. This church is true. There is no other church in the whole world that answers the questions this church can answer. Besides the answer I've recieved from God, I know that the church is true because of the completeness of it's doctrine. If this church isn't true, it's because God doesn't exist.

Post Date: 30th Apr, 2014 - 9:54pm / Post ID: #

Mormon I Why

Name: StuffNThings

Comments: My wife & I joined the Church 20 years ago. Best thing to happen in our lives except for finding each other. Hope my comments can help others to find the peace & happiness we have found.

Post Date: 23rd May, 2014 - 8:41pm / Post ID: #

Why I Am A Mormon

Name: ECheng

Comments: In 1973, I was 19 in college searching for religion. I had learned to do meditation. One night, I had a dream, an angel of God came to visit me, he said his name is Gabriel, the same angel that visited Mary (Jesus's mother). He wears a white dress length down to his knee with no shoes on. He has blonde hair with nice feature on his face. I can remember him so well even if I see him today, I will recognize him. He is young like me at the time I saw him.

He told me to come with him to a large forest, we were standing seven feet above the ground, we saw a boy aged 13 years old, dig into the ground and find a book make of Golden plates. The angel told me that God will call him as his prophet and commanded him to translate this book into the The Book of Mormon. His name is Joseph Smith. The angel also told me to sit at Joseph's place and feel the process of the translation, he put his hand on top of my head and give me the authority to feel this process, so I can know exactly how he translate the book. After the dream is over, I could not go back to sleep, because it is so real and impressive.

Six months after the dream,I met the LDS missionaries on Campus, they told me about the story of Joseph Smith, and then I recognize it and know this event has happened in 1830. At the time of the dream I thought that this event would happen in the future, because the angel speak in the future tense. Why? In the angel's and God's world, they see the past, present and the future in the same realm. Time is only for us, human beings. They have no time up there. I now testify and witness to the world that God did call Joseph Smith as a prophet and did translate the Book of Mormon by the power of God.

God has his way to do his work and sending his angel is one of them, next is to send prophets. (Amos 3:7) "Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets." (Eph.3:5) "Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets

By the Spirit".(2Thes.2:3)"Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come falling away first".(Matt 17:11) And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things." (Isa.49:6)"And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth".The keys of the kingdom of God are committed unto man on the earth, and from thence shall the gospel roll forth unto the ends of the earth, as the stone which is cut out of the mountain without hands shall roll forth, until it has filled the whole earth. (See ref. Dan 2:45) No one can stop the work of God, because this is his work.

Whether Joseph Smith is a true prophet of God or not can be shown by the work and by the fruits from it. Jesus once said in (Matt 7:15-20), "Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them". Even after the death of Joseph Smith, the work of God still continued. The church started with 6 members in the year 1830 and now more than 11 million members in the whole world and keep growing. You can tell the fruits where it produces, whether it is true or false, you can be the judge of it.

(Rev. 14:6) "And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people", this is the restoring gospel it talks about, and angel Gabriel and also angel Moroni did their work through Jesus Christ under the direction of God our Heavenly Father. Jesus Christ is the head of this church. It is built upon the rock of salvation with prophets and apostles generation after generation. What I have told you is 100% true. If you like to have a free copy of the Book of Mormon, I invite you to call 1-888-537-2200 and find out for yourself. If you are in the foreign country you can read the book online, please see instruction at the end of this page. Pray about it and the truth will come. You will never forget this day once you have found the truth.

And for those who are against the work of God, please ask yourself this question. "Will I be spotless before God in the judgement day? What judgement will I have to face when I persuade other soul to peach against it?" Beware of the Judgement day! You are responsible of what you preach. Every soul is of value to God. If you don't know the truth, search until you know it, and if you are confused, stay close to God in prayers, he will direct you. Stay away from words or documents that will make you more confused and do more meditation and direct prayer to God. You will find the truth.

Revelation are true source from God when you have an open heart, a humble spirit and be teachable. Just remember the key. True principle is eternal and can stand any test, and it will produce good fruits. False principle will not last and produce evil fruits. You can test any revelation using this method and ask yourself this two questions. What do I benefit from this revelation? What do Satan benefit from it? Carefully analysis the assumed result, then you will know which is from God and which is from Satan. In the name of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. Amen.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 23rd Jun, 2014 - 10:21pm / Post ID: #

Why I Mormon - Page 19

Name: Smallvoice

Comments: Tthank everyone for contributing to online dialogue. The internet can be so noisy with trash. It's nice to have people with integrity add contributions that temper the uninformed and the angry.

The Church and its membership truly grows and strengthens as we engage in the world at large. Not that we have to necessarily go down in the sewer to cast all our pearls, but being proactively open helps 'bring the church out of obscurity'. So anyway, thanks.

Now a note about me. A member since 8 yrs old---much pioneer heritage on both sides of my family tree. Currently a Primary teacher and loving it. Served a mission in Fukuoka Japan 1998-1990. Husband to one and father to three (And a dog). Big believer in 'Pay it Forward'. Joy and happiness come through service and love.

Post Date: 13th Jul, 2014 - 12:57pm / Post ID: #

Why I Mormon Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 19

Name: Gospeldoc

Comments: I'm sick at home from church and thankful that there are websites like this that I can get spiritually filled on. I'm a return missionary. I'm married with one child, a boy. I look forward to future gospel discussions.

+  « First of 21 pgs.  15 16 17 18 19 20 21 

> TOPIC: Why I Am A Mormon

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,