Why I Am A Mormon - Page 5 of 21

Great, yes - do take your time, especially - Page 5 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 21st Sep, 2003 - 8:53pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (21) »

?
Poll: What has the LDS Deep Doctrine Board on this forum done for you?
  Enlightened my knowledge of the Gospel       34.09%
  Gave me another perspective       18.18%
  Increased my Faith in Jesus Christ       6.82%
  Made me want to be a better person       6.82%
  Invigorated me to study the scriptures more       27.27%
  Caused me to Doubt what I believe       0.00%
  I have not gained nor lost anything by it       6.82%
Total Votes: 44
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
LDS Online Testimony Testimony Meeting for LDS Posters. Share your feelings about the Gospel and how you became a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints..
24th Aug, 2003 - 4:23pm / Post ID: #

Why I Am A Mormon - Page 5

Nighthawlk, thanks for your wonderful and touching testimony. smile.gif

I have questions and concerns about a few things.  I am on this discussion board to explore these things and hopefully get some resolved

Please feel free to start a new thread about any LDS issue you may want to discuss about. We will be more than happy to give our thoughts on it. God bless you and your beautiful family. smile.gif

Sponsored Links:
26th Aug, 2003 - 5:33pm / Post ID: #

Mormon I Why

Sofia -- I truly appreciate your testimony shared here!

While I have been married and I've had children, I've also been divorced three times (sad to say) and my oldest child (21) is not a member and does not ever plan to be (long story).

At any rate, what I mean to say is that I remember reading a wonderful Ensign article, I think from Marion G. Romney ( but I could be wrong) about how if we have not and cannot find a mate in this life, that there is still the hope of that happiness in the resurrection - not in heaven, but here on the earth, in the milennial reign of Christ.  I know that is probably not what you would like to hear!  But it gives me hope for the future.  I've been single for over 7 years now, by choice, the first time in my adult life I've been without a mate.  I have found an inner strength I didn't know I had, and an enjoyment in life I didn't expect.

What do you think could "rekindle" the fire of your testimony?  Have you prayed for it?  I find myself sometimes wishing and hoping for things, but forgetting to pray about them.  

At any rate, thank you for sharing your testimony.  I hope (and pray!) that the spark will re-ignite for you!

Roz

Post Date: 26th Aug, 2003 - 9:05pm / Post ID: #

Why I Am  A Mormon
A Friend

Why I Am A Mormon Studies Doctrine Mormon

At any rate, thank you for sharing your testimony.  I hope (and pray!) that the spark will re-ignite for you!

Roz

Thank you for your kind words.  It is encouraging to hear of people who have found joy despite their disappointments. I give much thought to how to rekindle the spark and have prayed about it but perhaps not enough.  

I am sorry to hear about your child - I know that must be a source of heartache.  Perhaps in time that too may change.  I continually hope for that for my family.

26th Aug, 2003 - 11:57pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 Mormon I Why

Nighthawk --

Great to read your testimony and about your 'journey' -- it's why we share them with each other, I suppose, to learn and lift others if we can.

I have questions also, and try to have faith that they will be answered... of course, I have to take into account "the Lord's own time..." and my state of readiness to hear it and learn.

Glad to have you in the forum.  I've enjoyed some of your other posts as well.

Roz

Post Date: 21st Sep, 2003 - 8:22pm / Post ID: #

Why I Am  A Mormon
A Friend

Mormon I Why

I am new to leaving my testimony and I hope I don't mess up too bad.

I am a recent convert to the Church.  My husband and I were baptized last night.  :D  I was born and raised in a different church and I just sorta fell away from it (for many reasons, that would make this post very long to explain).  My husband and I were married in another church, but soon I began to feel empty yet again and fell away from church.  My family and I began going to yet another different church, but did not find much comfort or feel full, yet again fell from the church.  I had been spiritually lost for many years.  I constantly felt the Holy Ghost tugging at my heart for a very long time and I just never seemed to really find my way.  

I came to first know about the Gospel through asking questions and then talking with LDS_Forever in the chat one night.  Through talking her and Jb, they helped to guide the Elders into mine and my family's lives.  Through the discussions with the Elders and talking with LDS and Jb, I found my way to the Church.  After praying much about what I have read and what I have learned, I came to find that everything in the Book of Mormon is true.  I strongly believe that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that Gordon B. Hinckley is the prophet today, as were all others before him.  I believe in God the father and that Jesus Christ is my Savior.

During my baptism I could feel the Holy Ghost so strong.  After my baptism, I was so happy that I cried through the rest of the ceremony.  I was so happy to be able to finally feel full and to have an emptiness (that I have been carrying around with me for so long) to be gone and replaced with a feeling that I cannot quite put into words.  I feel like I have be renewed and born into the Church.  I look forward to understanding and learning more of the Gospel.

I don't have a calling yet, but I am eager for the time to come when I do.  Now, my husband and I are preparing ourselves to get our marriage sealed in the Temple a year from now.  I eagerly look forward to that day.

21st Sep, 2003 - 8:29pm / Post ID: #

Why I Am A Mormon

What a great testimony! It adds to my own as well and shows that the truth can be shared anywhere! Look forward to seeing more of you on this and the RM board.
[offtopic]May I post your baptism pic in the RM board?[/offtopic]

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 21st Sep, 2003 - 8:46pm / Post ID: #

Why I Am  A Mormon
A Friend

Why I Mormon - Page 5

Look forward to seeing more of you on this and the RM board.

You will.  :)  I am also glad that I did ok with my testimony too.  ;)  I will check out the other threads here and on the RM board.  But one step at a time... lol

May I post your baptism pic in the RM board?

Yes, you can.  Shady and I don't mind at all.  :D

21st Sep, 2003 - 8:53pm / Post ID: #

Why I Mormon Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 5

Great, yes - do take your time, especially with this board as we cover some deep stuff here and some of the users get a little carried away. By the way I posted your link.

To see Msslmshdy30 and Shady25's baptism check here

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (21) »

> TOPIC: Why I Am A Mormon

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,