Why I Am A Mormon - Page 6 of 21

Well, it's happening!!   I was interviewed - Page 6 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 8th Oct, 2003 - 10:10am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 21 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (21) »

?
Poll: What has the LDS Deep Doctrine Board on this forum done for you?
  Enlightened my knowledge of the Gospel       34.09%
  Gave me another perspective       18.18%
  Increased my Faith in Jesus Christ       6.82%
  Made me want to be a better person       6.82%
  Invigorated me to study the scriptures more       27.27%
  Caused me to Doubt what I believe       0.00%
  I have not gained nor lost anything by it       6.82%
Total Votes: 44
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
LDS Online Testimony Testimony Meeting for LDS Posters. Share your feelings about the Gospel and how you became a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints..
21st Sep, 2003 - 10:12pm / Post ID: #

Why I Am A Mormon - Page 6

I agree with JB.

Get GospeLink (go to deseretbook.com), it is definitely worth the money.  With it you will have access to thousands of wonderful books on all types of subjects.  You will also have access to the General Conference reports from the last 100 years.

Of course, having instant access to all the scriptures doesn't hurt much either, especially with the great topical search capabilities.

NightHawk

Sponsored Links:
27th Sep, 2003 - 12:39am / Post ID: #

Mormon I Why

That is so great Mss and Shady!  Now see? Who knew what was going to happen when you logged onto this website?  That is just amazing to me.  Thank you so much for sharing this with us!

Roz

27th Sep, 2003 - 12:06pm / Post ID: #

Why I Am A Mormon Studies Doctrine Mormon

I just came across this quote on the LDS website, searching for a good quote to put in our Sunday program.  I like it!

35970, Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Heber J. Grant, 7: Personal, Abiding Testimony, From the Life of Heber J. Grant, 63

Hundreds, yea, thousands have been pricked in their hearts, and by the inspiration of the Spirit, and the revelations of God to them, they have received a knowledge of the divinity of the work in which we are engaged. They have received the witness of the Holy Spirit to them, satisfying their souls, satisfying their very beings, causing them to cry out in joy that they know that God lives, that they know Jesus is the Christ, that they know Joseph Smith is a Prophet of the true and living God. No man on earth can say that he knows that what they say is not true. He may not believe their testimony, but he cannot rob them of the knowledge that they have. I may proclaim that I love my family, and a man may say, "I don't believe it," but that does not change the knowledge that I have that I do love them. When a man has received the witness of the Holy Spirit, when a man has received the knowledge that this gospel is true, and he knows it, and he proclaims it, the whole world, not believing, cannot change the knowledge that he has.

I thank God that all the Saints are entitled to the whisperings of His holy spirit. I thank God that none of us are dependent upon others for the testimony of the gospel. I thank Him that each and all can obtain a testimony for themselves.

Post Date: 28th Sep, 2003 - 12:43pm / Post ID: #

Why I Am  A Mormon
A Friend

Page 6 Mormon I Why

My family (both parents) goes back to the beginings of the Church in these Latter Days.  I was alone in going to Church most of my childhood.  I served a mission in Australia.  

From the beginning I have had a testimony of the Gospel and it's truthfulness.  My testimony continues to grow and become stronger.  I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet and that Gordon B. Hinkley is a prophet.

I have had many tests and trials to overcome and know without a shadow of a doubt that the Lord has lifted me and sustained me throughout my life.  Prayer is such a sacred and wonder gift.  I have found that many times that I have prayed 24-7 and felt His Spirit helping me to be the best I could be.

I am very grateful for all I have and the opportunities I had and do have to serve him.  His love keeps me going.

Patty

28th Sep, 2003 - 4:27pm / Post ID: #

Mormon I Why

Kistilou, thank you so much for your wonderful testimony! welcome aboard by the way! wink.gif I hope you may be able to participate in all our LDS discussions. I look forward to read your messages. smile.gif

Post Date: 5th Oct, 2003 - 10:04pm / Post ID: #

Why I Am  A Mormon
A Friend

Why I Am A Mormon

Wow - these are awesome testimonies - I feel so uplifted after reading all of your conversion and testimony stories. Now I will take the opportunity to share mine which, well is special to me.

Firstly - I live in Australia (yes there are members down under). The missionaries that tracted into me were also Australia which was really awesome - they were Elders Hargreaves and Wilson and I just hope they know how much I appreciate the gift they gave me.

It was Saturday November 16, 1997 around 4.30pm and I was on my way to a cocktail party with several bottles of alcohol in my arms; at that precise moment these two elders walked down my driveway and my father yelled out 'no thankyou we are not interested' but I said 'wait, I can't talk to you guys now but can you come back?' They heartily agreed and we made an appointment for the following Saturday at around 12.00pm.

I had a fantastic week as I waited for the time that I would see these guys again (okay so they were good looking which helped - flirt to convert eh? We are all the same age so really I had a lot in common with those guys and yes there is a little regret that I didn't wait for one of them but you know what? Once I learned about the church I decided I would not be one of those girls waiting around for a missionary and possibly missing my future eternal companion because I had my blinkers on.

The following week it was Elder Wilson and some other Elder who had arrived in Australia from the US just three days earlier....he was a real newbie and he looked exceptionally nervous. I remember being as problematic as possible and asking all these really hard questions such as what the nature of the trinity was and how it all worked. I mean come on - I was brought up as a Catholic - I'd had religion enground into me from a VERY early age and what could these boys know that I didn't? Well, it turns out that they knew a lot but this american elder wasn't saying anything so I decided to ask him a question. I turned to him and flashed my best smile and said 'so what's so great about this church? What's in it for you?' and his response is what made me commit to the second discussion. He simply smiled and it lit up his entire face (he had not been smiling before that) and he said 'it makes me so happy'. It was at that precise moment that I decided that I wanted to have a part of that. I wanted such complete happiness that it shone through my countenance and would let me go through trials and tribulations and difficult conversations with a problematic Australian.

Two weeks later I was baptised on December 7 1997. Some time after that I was called as the ward YSA rep and later as the Stake YSA rep - and then also as second counsellor in Young Women's. During all this I met someone and we became engaged and then things began to go downhill. So many people around me were doing things which were in contrary to the gospel and yet they were still participating fully in church and I did not understand it - my own fiance smoked and drank coffee (I had so many promptings to call off the engagement but I felt that I couldn't because I didn't want him going inactive because of that). In early February 1999 I was excommunicated and it wasn't until August 27 2003 that I was finally rebaptised in an entirely new area - I am now living thousands of kilometres away from my first ward (further north now). I am now the first counsellor in young women's and my testimony has managed to stand the test of time and tribulation.

I love Heavenly Father with all my heart and I am so grateful for the Atonement because without the sacrifice of Jesus Christ our Saviour and Brother - I would not be here today back on the straight and narrow path holding fast to the iron rod of Truth.

I believe that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and that he translated the Book of Mormon which is another Testimony of Jesus Christ. I know that Gordon B. Hinkley is our living prophet on the earth today and I am so grateful for the priesthood. I look forward to the day that I have the priesthood presiding in my home.

I leave these things with you in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Oct, 2003 - 1:11am / Post ID: #

Why I Mormon - Page 6

madlds, wow, that's a great story of conversion! I loved it! smile.gif Hope everything is working just fine with you, your family and the Church. smile.gif I look forward reading more of your posts. ;D

8th Oct, 2003 - 10:10am / Post ID: #

Why I Mormon Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 6

Well, it's happening!!   I was interviewed last night and found worthy to receive my temple recommend.  Finally!

I will visit the San Diego temple this Saturday, the 11th, with a good friend of mine -- she and I have been friends almost 25 years.

Almost I can't believe it, it's been so long.  I can't wait until I can take my daughter there to be sealed to me!

Joyful, joyful news  :)

Roz

> TOPIC: Why I Am A Mormon

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,