Why I Am A Mormon - Page 7 of 21

Having already written a 'Testimony for my - Page 7 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 6th Nov, 2003 - 3:00am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 21 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  ...Latest (21) »

?
Poll: What has the LDS Deep Doctrine Board on this forum done for you?
  Enlightened my knowledge of the Gospel       34.09%
  Gave me another perspective       18.18%
  Increased my Faith in Jesus Christ       6.82%
  Made me want to be a better person       6.82%
  Invigorated me to study the scriptures more       27.27%
  Caused me to Doubt what I believe       0.00%
  I have not gained nor lost anything by it       6.82%
Total Votes: 44
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
LDS Online Testimony Testimony Meeting for LDS Posters. Share your feelings about the Gospel and how you became a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints..
Post Date: 8th Oct, 2003 - 10:40am / Post ID: #

Why I Am  A Mormon
A Friend

Why I Am A Mormon - Page 7

CONGRATULATIONS FARSEER!!!! You will love it!!! All roads lead to the Temple, eh? And such a beautiful temple SD is....=)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Oct, 2003 - 6:50am / Post ID: #

Why I Am  A Mormon
A Friend

Mormon I Why

Congratulations - I have heard that the temples are a beautiful place to be. (Is that fifteen noteworthy words?)

I look forward to the day that I am found worthy to enter the temple - I want to wait until I get married and be married for time and all eternity

12th Oct, 2003 - 2:55am / Post ID: #

Why I Am A Mormon Studies Doctrine Mormon

CONGRATULATIONS FARSEER!!!! You will love it!!! All roads lead to the Temple, eh? And such a beautiful temple SD is....=)

Thank you smile.gif  It was wonderful, and yes the SD temple is quite beautiful.  I'm so humbled and grateful to be a member of the church, and to find within myself the commitment to make covenants with my Heavenly Father.

madlds said:
I look forward to the day that I am found worthy to enter the temple - I want to wait until I get married and be married for time and all eternity

You should go when you are ready to commit to the Lord.  I went the first time years ago when I was sealed to my husband on the same day.  Frankly, it's too much all at once.  I'd recommend to all singles to go for your own endowment before being sealed.  Then it's not so overwhelming when you are sealed.  (In my opinion, of course, and if you have that kind of access to a temple.)

I'm so pleased to be on the right track again in my life, and I'm looking forward to regular attendance now.  What a great blessing in my life!

Roz

Post Date: 13th Oct, 2003 - 1:50am / Post ID: #

Why I Am  A Mormon
A Friend

Page 7 Mormon I Why

A couple were recently married and they did their endowments the day before the sealing which I think is a wonderful idea. My nearest temple is about ten or twelve hours away. We are trying to encourage my housemate who is preparing to get married early next year to my friend's brother that they should allow a few days so they can do their endowments first and then the next day do the sealing.

We are so lucky to have the temple. I remember the first time I did baptisms in the temple - it was a beautiful experience that will always stay with me.

24th Oct, 2003 - 3:42pm / Post ID: #

Mormon I Why

I think it is probably time for me to post in this thread.  I have been hesitant because a lot of my testimony recently is wrapped up in some upleasant things and I don't want people to associate my beliefs, feelings and knowledge with anything other than positiveness.

I will try to be somewhat brief, but if you have read any of my other posts, you can probably imaging how difficult that will be for me. smile.gif

I joined the Church in November 1981 my first husband and I joined on the same day.  I was 21 he was 22.  I really didn't know what I was getting into, but was looking for something.  My marriage ended (never really should have happened in the first place) and I evenually stopped going to church.  I believe it was late 1985 when I stopped attending, but I don't remember the exact date.

Anyway, I relocated, remarried and joined the Catholic Church.  In December of 1986 I began to realize something was missing in my life spiritually.  I was very active in the Catholic Church - taught 10th grade CCD, and was a lecture, but something was missing.  Eventually, I felt very strongly that Heavenly Father wanted me back in this Church.  Believe me I didn't want that to be the answer to my feelings and questions.  (I think it is easier to be a good Catholic than a good Mormon) It took me six months of almost daily prayer asking him what he wanted me to do.  Each time he would give me the answer and I would say "no, that can't be the answer, but I want to do what you want me to do so please tell me if I should be Catholic or LDS?"  Anyway eventually, I stopped fighting it and realized the Holy Ghost had been working on me diligently and that I needed to do what I was being prompted to do or eventually the promptings would leave me, but I still wouldn't have that peace.

Now, I tell you I joined in 1981, but I was converted in 1997.  I reactivated in May 1997 and my husband joined at that time.  I believe a big part of my conversion was watching the changes in him.  He was a completely different person and I knew him and never would have predicted he would ever join never mind make the complete change he did.  We went to the Temple almost exactly one year after his Baptism to be take out our endowments and be sealed.  Less than a year later he became a Temple worker in the Washington, DC, Temple and then in October 2000 in the Boston Temple when it opened.

Anyway, we are now divorced (that means 2 and I feel like a failure because I think this marriage was meant to be, but such is life) and he is not active, but that doesn't change the fact that when he was receptive the Lord did change him.  It was an incredible thing to witness.

During the passed 6 months while going through my separation and divorce I have faced many hardships.  Heavenly Father has been there for me the entire time.  I don't say this lightly.  Scripture says we will never be given more than we can handle.  This may be true, but I think sometimes we are brought right to our limits.  Heavenly Father has always been there and given me what I needed to survive, but sometimes it seemed like it was just barely enough.  

What I have found and really want to share is that when we are truely willing to listen to that "still small voice" and do what it tells us without questioning how it will resolve whatever issue we are facing, we are blessed incredibly.  I know I did not survive the last 6 months on my own strength.  I don't know how I would have made it if I didn't have the gospel in my life.  I probably would have killed myself or become an alcoholic.  I really mean that.  I am not suicidal, but I was definately at my limits of endurance and Heavenly Father took care of me.

I don't miss the turmoil, but I do miss the closeness I felt when just about every next breath depended upon his helping me to go on with my life.  Since he is no respecter of persons, I know he will care for anyone in need as long as they are truly willing to follow his Plan for them, whatever it is, because he did for me!.

I say this in the name of Jesus Christ because this truly is my testimony of him and his Father.

24th Oct, 2003 - 7:55pm / Post ID: #

Why I Am A Mormon

Thanks for sharing your testimony with us. It is a great thing to have the ability to rely on Heavenly Father and acknowledge His power. Thanks for being here and sharing your special light with us.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
25th Oct, 2003 - 4:20am / Post ID: #

Why I Mormon - Page 7

Tena --- thank you very much for sharing that with us.  There are many people I've talked to or read about who also have felt the sustaining power of God in times of deep distress.   What an incredible witness of His love for us.

Roz

Post Date: 6th Nov, 2003 - 3:00am / Post ID: #

Why I Am  A Mormon
A Friend

Why I Mormon Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 7

Having already written a 'Testimony for my Family, Friends, and Posterity' I will draw from that liberally in writing this testimony and I ask for your patience in so doing.

I met the missionaries a little over two years ago while walking home, and after waving at them and taking the time to stop and speak to them we set up an appointment.  Initially I intended on not being at the appointment but instead I chose to be there and as the missionaries began teaching me I gained a Testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith and His calling as a Prophet, and while it took me a while to gain a testimony of the Book of Mormon, I read the Book of Mormon as the Missionaries had asked me to do at the first discussion, and unable to put this volume of scripture down I gained a peaceful feeling that it was indeed true and when I finished I was on Jacob 7 and wanted to read more but I just could not do so with the time allocated before the next discussion which was two days hence from the first.  I can say that I intellectually knew the Book of Mormon to be true the first time I read it but it wasn't until after the second discussion and my refusal to be baptized and was sad that I would not have the opportunity to be a member of the Church because I was not going to be baptized that I went and prayed about the Book of Mormon again and gained a witness of it for myself and I came to know that it is indeed true and had a witness of the divine role of the Prophet Joseph Smith.  It was after this heartfelt prayer and receiving an answer that I rushed home to call the Missionaries to tell them that I wanted to be baptized, and shortly thereafter, less then 2 weeks I entered the waters of baptism and took upon myself the name of Christ and did witness unto those present that I would obey the commandments of God.

Having finished reading the Book of Mormon before my baptism I did indeed know it was true, it was indeed in harmony with the Bible and to this day I have yet to find the two contradicting each other.  I have a witness of the Prophet Gordon B. Hinckley, and came to know that God loves us.

I have held several callings since joining the Church, the first was as a Home Teacher, the second as a Ward Missionary, the third as a Family History Center Worker, and the Fourth as Ward Prayer Coordinator.  These callings have given me an understanding of the divine role of the three missions of the Church and I have come to know for myself that they are true.

I will write more later.  God bless...

> TOPIC: Why I Am A Mormon

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,