Mormons - When Shall We Defend? Mormon Publicty - Page 4 of 10

Several months ago I started visiting different - Page 4 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 21st Feb, 2004 - 10:37pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (10) »
So, do we just stand there and let them hit us or do we fight back once in awhile? "The Latter-day Saints have been so repeatedly and generally misrepresented and maligned, that ordinarily little has been done by way of refutation. Were the people to undertake to meet every lie uttered against them and set it right, they would devote the whole of their lives to it and then die without accomplishing the desired object..." Mormons in the Media.
21st Feb, 2004 - 2:31am / Post ID: #

Mormons - When Shall We Defend? Mormon Publicty - Page 4

Here we go again.... EBay is allowing auctions of garments.

https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,590044046,00.html

What are they thinking??

Roz

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Feb, 2004 - 2:54am / Post ID: #

Mormons - When Shall We Defend? Mormon Publicty
A Friend

Publicty Mormon Defend We When Mormons

The following is a quote from the article at the web site FarSeer provided.

"I personally don't see a problem with the auctions," Waldron said. "I am a returned missionary and an active LDS member and believe in free agency."
      The temple recommends - item #2226446301 - were listed with the description, "Ever wanted to go in a Mormon temple but never had the ticket needed to enter? I have authentic MORMON Temple recommends and these are a must have for anyone who has (a) family member getting married in a Mormon temple."
      Waldron told the Deseret Morning News the recommends are expired. "I have told all (who inquire) that they are expired and are more for collectors, but that the old men who check them (at the temple) are usually asleep or too blind to read the fine print."

I hope his Bishop and his Stake President yank his chain and chastise him.

FarSeer said:
What are they thinking??

Unfortunately he isn't thinking. I know this may sound like a simplification, but I feel that Satan has a firm grip on him. How is he getting expired Temple recommends anyway? My Stake President put my expired one through the shredder as I watched. I thought they all did???? Perhaps they all should!

21st Feb, 2004 - 2:44pm / Post ID: #

Mormons - When Shall We Defend? Mormon Publicty Studies Doctrine Mormon

This reminds me something we learn...

'Will you sell these things for money?'

Those of you who know what I am talking about will understand.

21st Feb, 2004 - 5:04pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Publicty Mormon Defend We When Mormons

This is exactly what I thought when I read the article. That guy is mad and I hope his Church leaders know about this and have taken some kind of measure. It makes me really sad how some people disrespect themselves and what we consider 'sacred'. sad.gif

21st Feb, 2004 - 5:12pm / Post ID: #

Publicty Mormon Defend We When Mormons

One of the people who bought was a member who said she bought them because she wanted to see what they looked like. A member! If she wants to see what they look like, she should get herself worthy and go to the Temple. Then she will know what they look like. Otherwise, she should not be trifling with sacred things.

She, too, needs a meeting with her Bishop, in my opinion.

21st Feb, 2004 - 6:12pm / Post ID: #

Oh yeah, definetly, what's wrong with this people???? smile.gif-->rolleyes.gif It makes me really angry when I read things like that, specially all the lies about purchasing the garments and temple recommends to enter to a wedding in the Temple, the guy is mad!!!!!! smile.gif-->rolleyes.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 21st Feb, 2004 - 7:06pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Mormons When We Defend Mormon Publicty - Page 4

They are all going to have a LOT to answer to. Both are accountable for their actions.

Post Date: 21st Feb, 2004 - 10:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Mormons When We Defend Mormon Publicty Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 4

Several months ago I started visiting different "LDS" discussion sites. On one in particular I found a great deal of discussion from members of Mormon splinter groups putting down the leadership past and present of the LDS church.

I immediately jumped in head first and started fighting the attackers. Of course I did so with the utmost of heartfelt love and kindness laugh.gif:-->laugh.gif
All I accomplished was to cause them to dig their heels in deeper and cause myself a great deal of anxiety. cry.gif

Then I remembered the age old wisdom that "A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still".

I realised that I could not change the minds or directions that those people were headed. I since have chosen to restrict such responses to times when I see others who may be questioning the truth starting to be sucked in by all of the adversarial rediculousness.

The exercise has caused me to lengthen my strides of research and increase my own knowledge base and testimony.

In conclusion I have come to the conclusion that the church nor the book of mormon really need my defense. They are quite capable of standing on their own merits. What I will always continue to do is to enlighten people who seriously want to know what those merits might be. To teach the truth. That as far as I am concerned is "wielding the sword in defence of truth and virtue". biggrin.gif

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (10) »

> TOPIC: Mormons - When Shall We Defend? Mormon Publicty

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,