Truth

Truth - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 11th Oct, 2010 - 6:00pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 6th Nov, 2008 - 8:50pm / Post ID: #

Truth

Truth

What are your thoughts about the following quote:

"In order that all men might be taught to speak truth, it is necessary that all likewise should learn to hear it."

-- Dr. Samuel Johnson (1709-1784) - Source: The Rambler, 1750-52

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th Dec, 2008 - 5:46pm / Post ID: #

Truth

"Beyond a doubt truth bears the same relation to falsehood as light to darkness." -- Leonardo Da Vinci (1452-1519)

Post Date: 19th Dec, 2008 - 6:38pm / Post ID: #

Truth
A Friend

Truth Health & Special Psychology

I agree with both statements.

I think a lot of people ask a question but they really do not want to hear the answer. When we do tell them they can not handle what we tell them. Are we supposed to lie in that case? When do you lie and when do you tell the truth. IT is getting to be very complicated in some cases.

Post Date: 31st Jan, 2009 - 7:17pm / Post ID: #

Truth
A Friend

Truth

To speak without hearing will just be akin to just saying one's opinion. Dialogue is always essential to ferret out the truth. One must not just speak, he certainly must learn to listen. Only then can truth really shine and set free.

Post Date: 8th Jun, 2009 - 11:10pm / Post ID: #

Truth

"Most of the greatest evils that man has inflicted upon man have come through people feeling quite certain about something which, in fact, was false." - Bertrand Russell, ICH

Post Date: 12th Jul, 2009 - 1:04pm / Post ID: #

Truth
A Friend

Truth

I don't agree to the first saying on this list. I think that you need to learn to listen, not just hear. Hearing is registering a noise but true listening is hearing with the intent to be changed. The modern person isn't that keen on change so now you know why dialogue is so hard. It get's that message out there for someone who isn't really listening to it. Also I agree with having to learn to listen to truth before you can partake in it's sharing.

Now the last quote here is to true. Pulling from the second quote and Star Wars, Good is a point of view, what is lightness and darkness is a point of view, what is truth and falsehood is partially a point of view. Of course there's the real truth and the false truth that others believe in. Of course from the false point of view they think the exact opposite.

So, talking is important, discussion is important, hearing is important but it's all useless without listening.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 21st Aug, 2010 - 12:04pm / Post ID: #

Truth

"When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do."
-- William Blake

Post Date: 11th Oct, 2010 - 6:00pm / Post ID: #

Truth Psychology Special & Health

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.
-- Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965)

> TOPIC: Truth

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,