Richard Paul Evans banned from Deseret Book - Page 3 of 4

Don't you think this is a little going - Page 3 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 31st Mar, 2010 - 12:13am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Top  Richard Paul Evans banned Deseret Book What is the real policy for deciding what is acceptable reading or not by Deseret Book?
8th Nov, 2009 - 7:25am / Post ID: #

Richard Paul Evans banned from Deseret Book - Page 3

Even though that Deseret Book is not officially the Church, yet I do agree that since they are owned by the Church, publish Church publications and so on, they should be careful of what they sell, not all LDS authors have LDS standards, one solution I have is having a sort of rating system for books, like there is for movies, video games, and music. I do realize that the major problem with my plan is it takes around 2 hours to watch a movie, and most music albums take less then 1 hour to listen to. One book, on the other hand, can take several weeks to read. I"m with others when I don't want to pick up a book, thinking it's a good book, then just to find out there is graphic descriptions of sex, swearing, and other horrible things, that if I knew that the book had that stuff in it, I wouldn't have bought it.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Mar, 2010 - 11:36am / Post ID: #

Richard Paul Evans banned from Deseret Book
A Friend

Book Deseret banned Evans Paul Richard

The reason why they banned Richard Paul Evans book is that if you have read President Kimball's Miracle of Forgiveness that it is wrong for a spouse to have romance with other opposite sex even though their marriage is in jeopardy or not getting well because they're still bound to each other and they're not yet divorced. President Kimball added that if they are now divorced then it is not a sin anymore to have romance or relationship to others. Hope you all got the point.

If you remember, us members should live the celestial law here in mortality even when writing books!

18th Mar, 2010 - 11:43am / Post ID: #

Richard Paul Evans banned from Deseret Book Studies Doctrine Mormon

international QUOTE
The reason why they banned Richard Paul Evans book is that if...

I get your point but what evidence you have that this is the reason or are you just speculating like most members like to do?

Post Date: 19th Mar, 2010 - 4:11am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 3 Book Deseret banned Evans Paul Richard

Thanks for replying!

I was not speculating and my evidence were the statement of President Kimball in the Miracle of Forgiveness book ( search for it ) and second is the Deseret Book banned it because it didn't meet the standard.

19th Mar, 2010 - 10:40am / Post ID: #

Book Deseret banned Evans Paul Richard

That is what I am getting that, WHERE does it say that this is the reason they banned his book? It's just your word.

Post Date: 20th Mar, 2010 - 7:31am / Post ID: #

A Friend

It's not my word. Lds forever said it, you read her message.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
20th Mar, 2010 - 12:24pm / Post ID: #

Richard Paul Evans banned Deseret Book - Page 3

In the original article (and I still wondering what the Church meant by "new") it states in CNN Entertainment:

international QUOTE

The chain of bookstores, owned by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, has decided not to stock copies of the best-selling author's latest book, "The Last Promise," because it doesn't meet the church's new standards for "moral content."

The speculation arises when members think it is because of the "romance" involved while this woman still married, but the Church has not clearly spell it out like that.

31st Mar, 2010 - 12:13am / Post ID: #

Richard Paul Evans banned Deseret Book Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 3

Don't you think this is a little going over board? I mean there is no sex etc apparently involved here. Again they are not the Church distribution center. Where is the "offense" May be I am missing something here?

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Richard Paul Evans banned from Deseret Book

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,