Our Heavenly Mother - Page 3 of 6

I don't know of any scriptural support - Page 3 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 4th Jun, 2004 - 10:04am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
28th Oct, 2003 - 8:09pm / Post ID: #

Our Heavenly Mother - Page 3

Please re-read what I said and then PLEASE look at the help section. I have had to remove several of your posts for multi-posting and posting offtopic. We have order here. We like that everyone posts accoring to the SUBJECT and not to their OWN end. If you must say something that has nothing to do with the subject then use the OFFTOPIC tags.

PLEASE STOP MULTI POSTING! IT IS VERY IRRITATING!

Sponsored Links:
29th Oct, 2003 - 2:36pm / Post ID: #

Mother Heavenly Our

And why is it all such a big bloody cover up and a secret

Wynn, your posts are too general and sound confusing...I'm not trying to be mean but some people may not understand what are you talking about since you give too many thoughts all at once. Maybe you may want to give one or two thoughts then wait for the responses and then reply again so it will not be all mix up. wink.gif
Now, what is a secret and a cover-up?

Post Date: 2nd Jun, 2004 - 5:58am / Post ID: #

Our Heavenly Mother
A Friend

Our Heavenly Mother Studies Doctrine Mormon

QUOTE (Nighthawk @ 21-Oct 03, 4:25 PM)
This is apocryphal ----
Mosiah Hancock, in his autobiography, related a dream or vision that he had.  In it, he saw the Father, with a large group of wives (I think Bro. Hancock indicated that they were innumerable).  Early leaders also indicated that this was the case.  

So where do all these innumerable women come from? Since there are close to 50 percent men and 50 percent women on this Earth, I assume it would be similar on all worlds. So how does our Heavenly Father have innumerable wives? Lets say the number is much less, only 100 wives for each God. Now, I've heard there will be more women exalted than men, but it is difficult for me to believe that each man in the Celestial Kingdom will have 100 wives or more. I could believe five to seven maybe. If Heavenly Father and or other Gods have innumerable wives each, it must mean innumerable men must have no wives. Or am I missing something?

2nd Jun, 2004 - 10:56am / Post ID: #

Page 3 Mother Heavenly Our

"Many are called but few are chosen," is my "first response" answer to that. Not many men are capable of the kind of Patriarchy as Heavenly Father has, although the opportunity is there for that progression.

In my opinion, of course.
Roz

Offtopic but,
Single Adult statistics in the church show that the ratio of active single men to active single women over 31 is 19:100. There are plenty of women to spare, apparently.

3rd Jun, 2004 - 2:22pm / Post ID: #

Mother Heavenly Our

QUOTE (gaucho @ 2-Jun 04, 1:58 AM)
So where do all these innumerable women come from?

Again, from Bro. Hancock's vision, he explained that he was told that ONLY men rebelled with Lucifer.

When you look at the fact that, in more than a few cultures throughout history, there has been rampant infanticide of little girls (China being one of the most prolific), and the fact that even within the Church we see that many more women are faithful than men, we can see that there will be significantly more female than male spirits in the Celestial Kingdom.

Also, from what I have read, on the average, the birthrate for females is very slightly higher than for male babies. Something like 1.1:1

Maybe this is how such a situation as Bro. Hancock saw could occur.

3rd Jun, 2004 - 9:20pm / Post ID: #

Our Heavenly Mother

Again, from Bro. Hancock's vision, he explained that he was told that ONLY men rebelled with Lucifer.

I never heard of this before. Any scriptural evidence to support this?.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 3rd Jun, 2004 - 10:37pm / Post ID: #

Our Heavenly Mother
A Friend

Our Heavenly Mother - Page 3

I think I heard this proposed somewhere once that only men rebelled but I doubt if i believe it. If that were the case, there should be many, many more women on Earth than men, unless they are all still in the pre mortal world. Besides, women can be quite wicked themselves. I've seen more than my share of them so it seems suspicious that no female spirits followed Satan.

4th Jun, 2004 - 10:04am / Post ID: #

Our Heavenly Mother Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 3

I don't know of any scriptural support for the idea. As I said, this was from Mosiah Hancock's vision of God, including the interpretation that he received.

While it isn't scriptural, that doesn't mean it isn't true, or false. Take it for what it is worth, and if you really want to know the truth of it, take it to the Lord. For myself, it is only an interesting tidbit.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Our Heavenly Mother

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,