Our Heavenly Mother - Page 5 of 6

Robert, if that's so why do you think - Page 5 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 10th May, 2014 - 11:56am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
7th May, 2014 - 8:14am / Post ID: #

Our Heavenly Mother - Page 5

Personally I don't think so. I believe that for this earth we came from the Mother.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th May, 2014 - 3:05pm / Post ID: #

Mother Heavenly Our

Name: Jon

Comments: I believe that our Heavenly Father does indeed practice Plural Marriage. There are many Heavenly Mothers. As far as this earth is concerned, there may be one or more Heavenly Mothers. You have to remember that our Heavenly Father never asks His children to do something which He, Himself has not done. Since plural marriage was practiced by the early saints of this dispensation, it is clear that our Heavenly Father has many Plural Families of Spirit Children in different stages of Eternal Progression on many different Earths. God Bless

7th May, 2014 - 8:30pm / Post ID: #

Our Heavenly Mother Studies Doctrine Mormon

international QUOTE
I believe that for this earth we came from the Mother.

Okay but do you believe Heavenly Father lives Plural Marriage hence the existence of more than one Heavenly Mother?

7th May, 2014 - 10:30pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 Mother Heavenly Our

international QUOTE (Zelph)

Personally I don't think so. I believe that for this earth we came from the Mother.

Can I ask Zelph how you came to this conclusion? The one thing I have learned from the forums is, I may have an opinion, even one I am fairly sure of, and then along comes something that I did not know before! and everything changes... :-\ So I would love to know what you think or base your opinion on.

On that note, I have always believed that we do have different Heavenly Mothers on this earth, I can't even fathom how many though. I remember reading once about birth in the celestial sphere, I think it was by Orson Pratt but I would have to find it, anyway it said something to the effect that the birthing process was like ours here, rather ours was patterned after that I guess. If that is the case how many years would it take to populate this world of ours, with just one Heavenly Mother? I have to look up the reference because I know some of Orson Pratts teachings were corrected.

8th May, 2014 - 5:26pm / Post ID: #

Mother Heavenly Our

As I sat here trying to figure out how to state it my mind could not put it out on how to explain it. Give me sometime to get it out of my mind. I do state that I might be wrong. This does happen every once in awhile.

Post Date: 10th May, 2014 - 1:08am / Post ID: #

Our Heavenly Mother

Name: KimB

Comments:

international QUOTE
"In the Heaven where our spirits were born, there are many gods, each one of whom has his own wife or wives which were given to him previous to his redemption, while yet in his mortal state. Each God, through his wife or wives, raises up a numerous family of sons and daughters;. .. For each father and mother will be in a condition to multiply forever and ever. As soon as each god has begotten many millions of male and female spirits. .. He, in connection with his sons, organizes a new world,. .. Where he sends both the male and female spirits to inhabit tabernacles of flesh and bones. Thus each God forms a world for the accommodation of his own sons and daughters... The inhabitants of each world are required to reverence, adore, and worship their own personal father who dwells in the heaven which they formerly inhabited. " Apostle Orson Pratt, The Seer, p. 37.

If this is correct then not EVERY God has multiple wives. However, I believe our God does, but that we only have one Mother in Heaven. In the sense that only one wife bears children for each Earth. I read once, I don't remember where, that Heavenly Mother's bear 1000's of children at once. Was that Orson Pratt? Does anyone know?

international QUOTE
"Our father Adam helped to make this earth, it was created expressly for him, and after it was made he and his companions came here. He brought one of his wives with him, and she was called Eve... "
Brigham Young, Deseret News, June 18, 1873, p. 308, 1859.

I know, I know, scary topic and all that stuff, but obviously B. Young understood that our H. Father had multiple wives.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
10th May, 2014 - 3:10am / Post ID: #

Our Heavenly Mother - Page 5

There is no question in my mind that there are a great many heavenly mothers. Also this, there is no question in my mind that Adam lived polygamous and had many more wives then just Eve. To multiply the earth with one wife does not go very fast not to mention kids marrying their own brothers and sisters. Yes, I know God can make it work, bodies might be different at that time etc. But personally I believe there were more then one female spirit send down and Adam fathered many children through many wives. No real proof, just how I see the pieces of the puzzle.

10th May, 2014 - 11:56am / Post ID: #

Our Heavenly Mother Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 5

Robert, if that's so why do you think is the reason there is no mention of these wives of Adam in the Bible at all?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Our Heavenly Mother

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,