The Haunted Abbey - D&D 3.5 Game Thread - Page 3 of 3

Questions are better suited for the question - Page 3 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 10th Nov, 2010 - 7:19pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter

+  1 2 3 
Closed
Dungeons and Dragons
25th Oct, 2010 - 9:15am / Post ID: #

The Haunted Abbey - D&D 3.5 Game Thread - Page 3

OOC: It's been over 48hrs without hearing from the other two, so I'm going to make use of your 2-day ruling and get the game moving.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Servax removes two potions from his bag of holding, and hands them to Aive. "Just in case", he suggests quietly as he hands them over. Aive gestures with his hand to quietly begin moving towards the abbey, and Servax follows. Attempting to keep pace with each other, they move in a western direction, spreading to a distance of 20ft as they go. Both will be on the lookout for anything moving, or any sudden noises.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Relevant rolls:

Aive - Move Silently: 22
Aive - Hide: 27
Aive - Spot: 23
Aive - Listen: 19

Servax - Move Silently: 25
Servax - Hide: 18
Servax - Spot: 19
Servax - Listen: 17

Sponsored Links:
26th Oct, 2010 - 5:01am / Post ID: #

Thread Game Dragons and Dungeons Abbey Haunted The

After a few minutes of walking west you exit the woods. Night is near, only a handful of minutes remain of sunlight. You hear a distant cry of a cat, then only silence.

You see 60 feet further west what looks like a small garden. South of that is a large cage like building, it is cylinder shaped. To the northwest you see a small cemetery.
Further beyond the buildings to the west are more buildings. You can only guess at what their used for.

Though one building stands out, at the near center sits a large church like building.

28th Oct, 2010 - 9:05am / Post ID: #

The Haunted Abbey - D&D 3.5 Game Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Servax glances over at the retreating sun, a quiet grin concealed by his heavy robe. "Excellent" he whispers under his breath, making his way towards Aive quietly. "This place seems so familiar .......", he trails off, fighting with his blackened memory of the abbey, and it's inhabitants. "We shouldn't rush into this. I have no real desire to die this night. We should wait, and use the darkness to conceal our movements. Let's take a look around, quietly."

OOC: As discussed in the questions thread, we would like to take a thorough look around. Try to get an idea of the sizes of all of the buildings, look in any windows we can see, take a head-count if we can see anything moving. Obviously we'll be using cover where possible, and moving quietly.

-------------------------------------------------------

Relevant rolls:

Aive - Move Silently: 24
Aive - Hide: 18
Aive - Spot: 28
Aive - Listen: 19

Servax - Move Silently: 22
Servax - Hide: 17
Servax - Spot: 24
Servax - Listen: 29

29th Oct, 2010 - 6:04am / Post ID: #

Page 3 Thread Game Dragons and Dungeons Abbey Haunted The

The two move southwest to the cage building (15 feet in circumference). They make a wide circle of it and see just west a square building (20 by 20 feet). Just west of that is another cage building (same size as the other). West of that is a barn.

They spot a few shadows creep from under the doors of the square building (west and east). The shadows head due (2) west and (1) east to the cage buildings. It almost looks like the light is playing tricks on the two adventurers but no, your sure the shadows were alien in that nothing would have caused them to move as they did.

10th Nov, 2010 - 6:27am / Post ID: #

Thread Game Dragons and Dungeons Abbey Haunted The

Night has fallen on the party. Animated shadows drift in and out of their sight. Suddenly the party is aware they are surrounded. The shadows attack sucking the life force from the surprised players. They watch as their bodies bend and shift. Soon they too drift off into the night, as shadows.

Cryptic laughter is heard echoing in the distance.

Thus ends the game, the players have become inactive. If others want to join and can get a party together I am willing to reopen the game.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 10th Nov, 2010 - 6:44am

10th Nov, 2010 - 7:33am / Post ID: #

The Haunted Abbey - D&D 3.5 Game Thread

I'm confused. How can you claim I was inactive when I didn't receive anything to go on? Servax seems to have stopped coming by, and he was the party leader.

Myrrani had gone into the center building, the one with the open door that would have been pretty much right in front of her when she followed the other two in the direction of the three buildings. She didn't go around the other building with them.

I would have made another action, but I didn't get any descriptions of inside the building.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
10th Nov, 2010 - 7:19pm / Post ID: #

The Haunted Abbey D&D 3.5 Game Thread - Page 3

Questions are better suited for the question thread, but real quick. There was no post in the game thread for over a week. The party thread has been inactive as well. I didn't say you personally were inactive, I meant the game was.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 10th Nov, 2010 - 7:21pm

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: The Haunted Abbey - D&D 3.5 Game Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.