The Dungeon Masters - Page 2 of 5

One flat-screen monitor, one old CRT. I'm - Page 2 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 18th Oct, 2010 - 7:09pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian

+  1 2 3 4 5 
The Dungeon Masters Reviewed
Documentary
18th Oct, 2010 - 5:45pm / Post ID: #

The Dungeon Masters - Page 2

Hot stuff! I saw this movie / documentary awhile ago and kind of forgot about it til right now. I'm like thinking how cool it is to have a celeb DM with us. Do you like get paid to run games too? I think in the doc they show you guys like three separate from each other but did you guys like know each other from conventions and stuff?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Oct, 2010 - 6:10pm / Post ID: #

The Dungeon Masters
A Friend

Masters Dungeon The

I wish I got paid to GM... I'd never do anything else if I was. wink.gif It did get me a gig as Guest of Honor at Metacon in Portland, next year.

I met Richard and Elizabeth very briefly at GenCon in 2007. Richard had been out here to Los Angeles to run games at a convention were I was the head of RPGs (along with Mandy), but I had no idea who he was at the time - we didn't meet until later. Richard and I keep up with each other from time to time, but we don't have much contact with Elizabeth. She wasn't happy with how the final edit of the film portrayed her, and has tried to distance herself from the project.

18th Oct, 2010 - 6:17pm / Post ID: #

The Dungeon Masters Reviews RPG & Card Board

Then Richard did go back to it despite inferring that he quit altogether? I gathered that he would of given he put all his books in 'storage'.

What about the end did Elizabeth not like? This is what I got from it about her: She was seriously abused and wanted to be accepted for who she is by a man who cares about her and not what she can do (GM, be elf, etc). Do you know if she stayed with the same guy last shown in the film?

Post Date: 18th Oct, 2010 - 6:33pm / Post ID: #

The Dungeon Masters
A Friend

Page 2 Masters Dungeon The

I think Richard has a much more relaxed approach to his gaming, at the moment - he's involved in a few conventions that I'm aware of, and may be running again, I'm not entirely certain.

Elizabeth, to the best of my understanding, felt that she was portrayed as "the crazy girl who goes around made-up like a Drow all the time and has bad relationships." She only wears the Makeup for LARPing and some conventions; all of the walking around in make up was at the behest of the film makers. The relationship she had during the filming was also more positive than it was portrayed; I am uncertain of her current relationship status.

An online search for Elizabeth Reeseman will turn up an interview with her where she discusses her feelings about the film.

18th Oct, 2010 - 6:42pm / Post ID: #

Masters Dungeon The

Man I felt sorry for her. The worst is when she was sitting at the table with the desktop engineer and he mentioned something like IF they end up breaking up they could be friends and she looks at him with 'how dare you' eyes.

This is kind of personal but does your current wizard look with beard and long hair have anything to do with what you do or is it just your style?

Post Date: 18th Oct, 2010 - 6:47pm / Post ID: #

The Dungeon Masters
A Friend

The Dungeon Masters

The current Wizard look is actually just my style. Working from home, and mostly for myself, I get to express myself in personal style a little more than I could back when I had a 9 to 5.

It does help in certain areas, though. As a Hypnotist, it helps me convey an image that immediately allows them to believe that "yes, this man can Hypnotize me."

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
18th Oct, 2010 - 6:59pm / Post ID: #

The Dungeon Masters - Page 2

How much of the documentary is still your real life? I'm guessing you have up to date monitors now and not the CTR ones we saw. How did you end up being chosen to be featured, was there a selection process?

Post Date: 18th Oct, 2010 - 7:09pm / Post ID: #

The Dungeon Masters
A Friend

The Dungeon Masters Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 2

One flat-screen monitor, one old CRT. I'm hoping that I can manage to purchase a Wacom Cintiq 2100x Monitor/Drawing Pad, but that's two grand I don't happen to have handy at the moment. New computer (the old one died horribly) and a laptop for working on the go.

My work days are more regular, and there's actual cash flow to it. E-publishing an RPG is vastly different from writing a novel, and with the current market for RPGs in .pdf format, it's actually approaching being profitable.

My wife and I have a better working relationship, and she acknowledges that I actually serve a full-time purpose as co-manager of the apartment complex. Going through a long period of time with a large number of vacancies, and me being the only immediate on-site response when people wanted to view an apartment helped a lot.

The selection process for the documentary was mostly invisible to me. The director and some crew showed up at a convention where I was running games (Games University, 2003 or 2004, I believe) and asked the people who were running RPGs if they had any interesting game masters that they could film. Mandy and Jeff were running RPGs at the time, and they recommended me.

The director came in and filmed me running a session of Mutants and Masterminds (first edition), and seemed to enjoy watching. He contacted me a few months later for a follow-up interview, and a couple of weeks after that, called me to inform me that they wanted to include me as a focus for the documentary.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: The Dungeon Masters

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,