Joseph Smith for President!

Joseph Smith President - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 17th Apr, 2005 - 5:44pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th Oct, 2003 - 8:48pm / Post ID: #

Joseph Smith for President!

A lot of people do not know that Joseph Smith tried to run for President of the United States. Do you think it was meant as a 'pattern' we were to follow or was he trying to do the impossible? Was it something he needed to 'fulfill' or was it a personal desire to lead? I often wonder if he won, what would have happened?

In addition to the above comments and questions, what is your view?

Sponsored Links:
27th Oct, 2003 - 3:05pm / Post ID: #

President Smith Joseph

He was also the first U.S. Presidential candidate assassinated during a campaign.

I think he thought on becoming US President to help the Saints...they were so persecuted that he thought he could help to change that, I don't know. This is only my opinion. I think his brother Hyrum was involved in the campaign too.

Post Date: 17th Apr, 2005 - 5:44pm / Post ID: #

Joseph Smith for President! Studies Doctrine Mormon

HISTORICAL NOTES: In Joseph's political platform he proposed to pardon all convicts save for those that committed murder. As of 1844, the Twelve appointed 300 missionaries to campaign for Joseph Smith as President of the USA.

> TOPIC: Joseph Smith for President!

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,