Am I A Mormon Apostate? - Page 8 of 8

This is [kind of] of difficult to answer because - Page 8 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 17th Apr, 2014 - 1:09am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 8 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 
29th Oct, 2006 - 6:13pm / Post ID: #

Am I A Mormon Apostate? - Page 8

Also perhaps what Isaiah was referring to was the time when some of the saints left the church after the deaths of Joseph and Hyrum. Even the Prophet's own wife Emma separated. Could Isaiah's words be referring to that time in Latter Day history?

Could be. But then, look at the words in a little more detail.
Isaiah 28: 7-9
7 ¶ But they also have erred through wine, and through strong drink are out of the way; the priest and the prophet have erred through strong drink, they are swallowed up of wine, they are out of the way through strong drink; they err in vision, they stumble in judgment.

8 For all tables are full of vomit and filthiness, so that there is no place clean.

9 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.

This chapter (28) has been talking about the leaders of Ephraim. Who is Ephraim in these days? Is it the Community of Christ? What is "wine" and "strong drink" in this context? According to some very well educated Isaiah commentators (Mormon, not mainstream Christian), when Isaiah uses these terms, it means that they are drunken on the wine of delusion, the philosophies of the world. The images of Babylon (wealth, business, image over substance).

So, if this is talking about Emma, and the others who rejected Brigham Young, I guess that we are all safe, and that "all is well in Zion." After all, THEY must have been the "priest and the prophet" that Isaiah spoke of. And we don't have anything to worry about.

Or, has the Seer spoken? Has the Prophet awakened us? If so, where is the evidence? Yes, the Revelator speaks, and reveals to us the meanings of the scriptures, as related to these Last Days. He tells us that the Last Days are NOT upon us. He, and other "revelators" tell us that there is time for a young oak planted now to come to full growth - at least - before the Last Days will be upon us.

That is what I see, in relation to Isaiah 28. And that is what worries me.

Update:
I forgot that I was going to add this, directly from Joseph Smith.
393The Prophet's Dream

Joseph related the following dream which he had last night:

I was back in Kirtland, Ohio, and thought I would take a walk out by myself, and view my old farm, which I found grown up with weeds and brambles, and altogether bearing evidence of neglect and want of culture. I went into the barn, which I found without floor or doors, with the weather-boarding off, and was altogether in keeping with the farm.

"While I viewed the desolation around me, and was contemplating how it might be recovered from the curse upon it, there came rushing into the barn a company of furious men, who commenced to pick a quarrel with me.

"The leader of the party ordered me to leave the barn and farm, stating it was none of mine, and that I must give up all hope of ever possessing it.

"I told him the farm was given me by the Church, and although I had not had any use of it for some time back, still I had not sold it, and according to righteous principles it belonged to me or the Church.

"He then grew furious and began to rail upon me, and threaten me, and said it never did belong to me nor to the Church.

"I then told him that I did not think it worth contending about, that I had no desire to live upon it in its present state, and if he thought he had a better right I would not quarrel with him about it but leave; but my assurance that I would not trouble him at present did not seem to satisfy him, as he seemed determined to quarrel with me, and threatened me with the destruction of my body.

"While he was thus engaged, pouring out his bitter words upon me, a rabble rushed in and nearly filled the barn, drew out their knives, and began to quarrel among themselves for the premises, and for a moment forgot me, at which time I took the opportunity to walk out of the barn about up to my ankles in mud.

"When I was a little distance from the barn, I heard them screeching and screaming in a very distressed manner, as it appeared they had engaged in a general fight with their knives. While they were thus engaged, the dream or vision ended."
(Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, pg. 393)

Joseph did not own a farm in Kirtland. The only farming he did there was the building up of the Church.

Reconcile Edited: Nighthawk on 29th Oct, 2006 - 6:37pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th Oct, 2006 - 3:14pm / Post ID: #

Am I A Mormon Apostate?
A Friend

Apostate Mormon I Am

Very true Brother, but did not also the saints lose property in Missouri very similar to Joseph's dream? Could that dream be some what of a reflection of the persicution the saints were recieving in Missour? I know Joseph was a prophet but he was also a man like you and I. My wife and I are expecting our first child. Not too long ago I had a dream we adopted the most adorible little girl. Does that mean we're having a baby girl, or does it mean one day my wife and I will adopt such a child?

16th Apr, 2014 - 8:28pm / Post ID: #

Am I A Mormon Apostate? Studies Doctrine Mormon

Many times we hear people being excommunicated for "Apostasy" but what are the grounds for it? What it means to be an Apostate?

16th Apr, 2014 - 8:42pm / Post ID: #

Page 8 Apostate Mormon I Am

Apostate means to turn away from the church and it's teachings and sometimes (Not always) begin to persecute the church for it's teachings.

17th Apr, 2014 - 1:09am / Post ID: #

Apostate Mormon I Am

This is [kind of] of difficult to answer because it means many things for many people. For me is when you teach publicly doctrines of your own or those that go against the Church.

+  « First of 8 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 

> TOPIC: Am I A Mormon Apostate?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,