Mysteries of 666 - Page 4 of 5

Name: Visitor Country: Title: Reply Comments: - Page 4 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 28th Jul, 2011 - 3:10am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Is the mark of the beast on your head and hand?
Post Date: 23rd Sep, 2004 - 2:31pm / Post ID: #

Mysteries of 666
A Friend

Mysteries of 666 - Page 4

QUOTE (Writer @ 11-May 04, 10:18 PM)
I didn't take the time to read through this completely, but the fact of the matter is, we're talking Hebrew numerology, not some kind of code.

Tony,

Sorry for taking so long to reply, I've been extremely busy. Anyhow, if you *had* taken the time to read my entire article you would have seen that I was in fact arguing for a type of Hebrew numerology. wink.gif

In a nutshell I arugued:

Consistent with Moses 6:63, which states that "all things are created and made to bear record of" Christ, or in some manner testifying of the gospel plan, the number 6 to the Jews represented Man under sin. For example man was created on the 6th day. Cain's descendants are listed to the 6th generation. There are 66 generations listed from King David to Joseph. The "Man of Sin" or Satan is represented by the number 666. The 6th letter of the Hebrew Alphabet is the letter "vav" which is the sign of the nail.
The number 7, on the other hand, represented God's seal, often called the perfect number by the ancients. For example, god sanctified the 7th day and blessed it. The week has 7 days. The 7th day was the Old Testament Holy Day or Sabbath. Joshua ordered his people to march around Jericho 7 days with 7 priests, and 7 times on the 7th day. 7 is also significant in the natural creation. The musical scale has 7 full notes. Pure light is broken into 7 colors by a prism or rainbow. Jesus Christ received 7 wounds on his body.

Furthermore, in connection with the number 666, It's interesting to consider that the jewish cabalistic magic square (those square mathematical puzzles which when added up either horizontally or vertically add up to the same number) of the sun (or Son!) when totaled adds up to 666. Additionally when the 12 (symbolic of the twelve disciples) diagonal squares (the letter x or sign of Christ) are added they each total 111 which when both are added to 666 become 888, the gematria value of Jesus. In addition a circle can fit in the magic square whose circumference is exactly 1480, the gematria value of Christ.

So it seems that the magic square serves as a perfect symbolism of Jesus Christ overcoming the Natural Man, the man of sin or 666, through the atonement (the x or cross) and of Revelations 15:2 or those who like Christ attain the "victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, [and] over the number of his name." Again, the symbolism involved in Revelation concerning the "Mark of the Beast" hardly seems like biochips or the like to me.

--
Steven Montgomery

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 23rd Sep, 2004 - 10:52pm / Post ID: #

Mysteries of 666
A Friend

Mysteries

This isn't all my theory. I am just going to attempt to explain it by modern terms and try to put it together. If there is a problem with theft wouldn't it make since instead of money you could use your finger prints or retinal scan to buy groceries or any kind of purchase. If you and your entire history (money, health, occupation, legalities, problems etc.) was in the computer files. Well it already is. It would make buying a lot easier. You wouldn't have to worry about loosing anything. the key to your information is in the palm of your hand or the eye. If big companies wanted to advertise to you, they could by just reading your file. Every time you walked by a television it would call you by name and say "hey how bout a nice cool glass of miller light". If you drank. Or if you were into sports. Hey Ralph how about a good game of basketball with our new jordan 220 shoes. You would have to do this in order to survive. Think about it, it is already happening with spyware and pop-ups on computers. You look up travel and those are the kind of pop-ups you get. When your eye is scanned and your hand is placed on a computer doesn't that look like you are praying to it (what the prophets saw). They can track your movements anywhere you go if you have a new vehicle (satellite tracker). It will keep it from getting stolen. With modern day terrorism, more and more people will go towards the idea of getting implants and giving up their freedom for safety. It has it's good side. Your children wont be obducted. You will be safe. Everyone will know your secrets, but it wont be by choice. And there cant be any personal growth. In the repentants process the individual chooses to pronounce his/her transgression. And then there is personal growth and a stronger character. With the beast's system not only will evryone's problems be broadcasted but they will never be allowed to commit any transgressions. We will all be good little natzis. If you think about it it goes perfectly along the lines of satan's plan in pre-existence.

24th Sep, 2004 - 1:47pm / Post ID: #

Mysteries of 666 Studies Doctrine Mormon

I think these are some excellent points. I haven't thought of things quite that way before.

It does, however, strengthen my desire to prepare to live "off the grid", outside of the dominant culture. It also strengthens my belief that there will be a modern-day Exodus out of Babylonian society.

Post Date: 25th Sep, 2004 - 12:11am / Post ID: #

Mysteries of 666
A Friend

Page 4 Mysteries

666 was and is a grievious mistranslation- the same greek word is used in the gospel of John and is by the same author -

it was translated - heal- the correct translation for the greek text and there are at least two different greek renderings- but they both translate the same way -

" in the end the earth will heal "

samuri

Post Date: 23rd Nov, 2006 - 8:04pm / Post ID: #

Mysteries of 666
A Friend

Mysteries

Recently I have come into discussions with friends of other faiths concerning the book of Revelations. I hear over and over again, from them, about the anti-christ, and the mark, and I hear of the seven years of tribulation, and I guess the whole "Left Behind" series is concerning when Christ will gather his chosen people. I guess they believe gathered to heaven and not on earth.
But when I go and look at these topics I notice, for the most part, Saints seem to focus on the brighter side of the story. Such as Adam-Ondi-Ahman, and Christ's second coming. I have a talk on CD by Richard Draper called "The Book of Revelations: Testifying of Christ" and not once did it mention the bad things to come. Another discussion I have is called "Christ's Second Coming, and Millennial Reign" by Randall C. Bird, and again no mention of the seven years of tribulation. It does mention of the two prophets or seers who will be slain and lay dead on the road for three days, but nothing about the mark of the beast.
I believe, as JB stated, we mark ourselves by our actions and thoughts. Samurai stated 666 to actually mean "in the end the earth will heal." So there is no actual "marking" I also believe we mark ourselves by taking the sacrament, and renewing our baptismal convenances.
I don't believe the anti-christ to be just one person, nor do I believe in the literal mark of 666. I also believe that when Christ comes to gather his chosen people it will be in the new Jerusalem. Of course I haven't fully studied this topic, but it's very interesting, and I'm still some what new to the church, so there is much more to learn.

Post Date: 31st Aug, 2008 - 2:42am / Post ID: #

Mysteries of 666
A Friend

Mysteries of 666

I have stayed away from similar topics to this, however, I couldn't resist when I began reading the comments...

Although possible I believe that symbols of the hand and mind are based on the ability to think and act. - BJ

Correct or I agree. To understand the mark of the beast, we must understand why we mark beasts. For example, we place a mark on our cattle, sheep, goats, horses, mules, oxen, etc. These Beasts have received a mark which symbolizes a number of things, primarily ownership and servitude. The master drives these animals as he pleases. They are often considered "dumb animals".

When we become "owned by the beast" we become his dumb animals. We begin to do whatever our master tells us. We "work" for him, and we "think" as we are told. We are slaves. We are the dumb animals and receive his mark according to how he "owns" us.

The mark in the hand is the symbol of those who as the beast commands. Those who are trapped knowing that they cannot buy or sell without his mark and not knowing how to survive otherwise. The mark in the head represents thinking as the beast commands. No personal thought or creativity. When the mind is lost, brainwashed into thinking and believing whatever they are told. This is the epitome of blind obedience and trust in leaders without question. An extreme example of this are the North Koreans. For more mild examples, go to the mall and watch people.

Although this has already happened/happening spiritually, the physical "chip" has been created and tested. I worked with one of the creators of the database for this chip. It has been placed in some soldiers and willing people. The chip links to a database which contains the information, entire life's records of a person. (birth, SSN, bank accounts, credit, etc...) The chip contains a barcode system which all ways begins, ends, is centers with the number 6, creating a 666 system. The chip is powered by body heat and is tracked in any major area, but will be tracked by Satellite if it isn't already. When this is implemented in wide scale, it will be a physical fulfillment of the mark not because it is placed in the hand, but because it will permit complete control of those who are already animals owned by the beast.

The seal of God in the forehead is in opposition to the mark of the beast. You are sealed as a God rather than marked as an animal. Having the freedom of thought to think for yourself as God created us to do. Not being driven by a master of any sort, but being guided by our own conscience.

The number 666 is symbolic and will not likely be written on our hand or foreheads.

Rather off topic, but...
I invited him once to come and post his point of view, but he did not show up he is at: Source 3

Sterling Alan and his wife are wonderful people, very interesting beliefs and thoughts. My wife and I had a nice lunch with them once in Manti.

An excellent read on the subject is "The Beast" by JJ. Dewey. I do not support all his beliefs on the subject but he writings on this subject are the most eye opening and mentally freeing I have found. Here is the link: The Beast
Oh, and a word of caution, he is not LDS. (For those that care.)

As long as we stay close to the teachings of our Church leaders and especially the Prophet we don't need to be worried.  The Prophet will not lead us astray. 

This could actually be an example of the mark of the beast. Particularly the mark in the head meaning our personal thinking is inhibited by thinking that we should think as we are told by someone else. Our beast master can be a good person too. It is the concept that matters. The best is born out of the sea, meaning the sea of people or the masses. In the church, the people or sea is the masses of members who insistently teach follow leaders even against your own revelation.
In the end, all people will have a direct connection to God and not need the revelation of others. The leaders of the church are always telling us to learn to receive revelation for ourselves, and not rely on others including themselves. Any time you hear someone tell you to 'trust them" or "follow them" or 'their leader", put your guard up! Trust God and your inner revelation! (These days it could save your life, let alone your soul. )

Following the prophet correctly is to follow in his footsteps and become a prophet like he is. (Not try to lead the church for him, but to become a Firstborn which receives directly from the source and are "sealed by God".)

When John wrote the Book of Revelation, he was exiled on the Isle of Patmos by the governor in the area of the Roman empire that he lived, I think his name was Domician. Paul referred to him as "the beast", as well as the devil, because Domician was an evil man that tried to kill him by boiling him in a vat of oil...Not only did he try to end John's life, but he also killed thousands and thousands of Christians to help his political standing.

Here you see the problem. Domician was a beast but he himself did not do all the killing. It was the people who obeyed him that did his work. (Mark in the right Hand.) Hitler also had quite a few people who acted as dumb animals obeying their master. They are the ones who killed, tortured and did terrible things in the name of "obedience". They had the mark signifying they were beasts or dumb animals driven as the master commands.

I hear over and over again, from them, about the anti-christ, and the mark, and I hear of the seven years of tribulation, and I guess the whole "Left Behind" series is concerning when Christ will gather his chosen people.

I saw left behind, first 2 movies yesterday. Too many thoughts to enumerate here, But I will start or add to a thread about "where they are taken"...

Reconcile Edited: Amonhi on 31st Aug, 2008 - 2:44am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
31st Aug, 2008 - 7:33pm / Post ID: #

Mysteries 666 - Page 4

The mark 666 is symbolic. I do not belive that it is any physical "chip' implant. I think that stuff is nothig but conspiracies and paranoia only good for a Dan Brown novel. Read the Greek and read any legitimate commentary on revelation and you will see the whole picture.

It is places on the right hand and on the forehead. right hand symbolizing action and forehead symbolizing thought. Right is the hand that you use in public. It is the hand that in the ancient times is used to do everything public. You eat, shake, sign all with the right hand. It is also the hand for covenanting. The choice of the right hand or forehead is presumably for conspicuousness. It could not be hidden. It may also be meant as a travesty of the Jewish custom of wearing phylacteries on the left hand and forearm. It is also a parody of god's seal (rev. 7:3; 14:1)
As mentioned by others it also may represent the branding of slaves as done in the ancient Mediterranean. ( We must be cautious not to assume the image of modern European slavery in this image. Because their was a difference in the freedoms)
Also roman solders also branded themselves with the symbols of their favorite general to show loyalty. This also can be seen in the symbolism of the mark. Thus those who were"marked" showed loyalty to the world and its political systems. Remember John stressed the totality of the mark. No one is exempt. (see rev. 11:18)

The best is born out of the sea, meaning the sea of people or the masses.

Sea is not a symbol of Masses or people. Sea is the ancient symbol of chaos. (catskill, 2003) The symbolism is seen throughout the New and Old testament. For example God divided the waters to form land. (out of chaos he formed order.) Jesus calmed the sea. this is showing the God had power over the choas. That is why in job and other biblical literature evil always is out of the sea. John is saying that the beast source of power and origination is from chaos.

The beast is the symbolical representation of the world's orders and political structures.

Post Date: 28th Jul, 2011 - 3:10am / Post ID: #

Mysteries 666 Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 4

Name: Visitor

Title: Reply

Comments: The way I read it is people will (a)receive the mark of the beast and (b)worship his IMAGE.

Obviously it will be done at an international level and through government authority, because how else could the beast be above the law to make people actually receive this mark otherwise you won't be able to trade (ie not be able to buy and sell.) That could only be commissioned and set up by governments...and obviously the whole world will be involved suggests it is internationally governed. It couldn't come about by any other means or way.

Worshiping his image may be the key to figuring out what it could be, and why worship an image or is it a persons image or an ideology like communism. I am not sure about this one but the word image stands out to me.

Also regarding 666...it says COUNT the number of the beast for it is the number of a MAN...

That doesn't mean it will be the number we receive or that it is to do with that mark on our foreheads etc. It could be an organization that has a number of a man which is 666 and that is how you will recognize it is the beast, or it could be a number of men in an organization. Who knows at this point in time.

I think we are reading this passage too narrowly and it will be simple when the time comes we understand it.

Also I disagree that the mark on your hand or forehead is symbolic...it may be for the elect but for those who will receive this mark it will be real, otherwise if there is nothing physical on you, and you are to be killed or can't trade....how are they read your mind? No...it will be a mark they can see or scan.

I see many members even today blind themselves to secret combination's going on in the world and it is clear in revelations that even the beast shall deceive some of the elect. This could typify what will eventually come to fore with government slowly threatening our human security even now, economically and all.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Mysteries of 666

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,