It Is OK For Mormons To Drink Tea?

It Mormons Drink Tea - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 28th Sep, 2003 - 12:01pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (8) »
Early Mormon settlers used ephedra
13th Mar, 2003 - 8:54pm / Post ID: #

It is OK to drink Tea?

Of course you can drink tea, so long as it is herb tea (Infusion) which in fact is not a tea because tea refers to the tea plant. wink.gif

international QUOTE (Deseret News)

BRIGHAM TEA A BIG HIT IN EARLY UTAH

Early Mormon settlers used ephedra. They weren't trying to drop extra pounds,
Stay awake at the plow or gain a competitive edge at the Saturday night
Hoedown.
https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1,1249,...32381,00.html

What are some substitutes that you use for other things? Like caffeine free coke, or caro instead of coffee and soya instead of meat.

Sponsored Links:
13th Mar, 2003 - 11:17pm / Post ID: #

Tea Drink Mormons OK It

It's funny you mentioned that because I cannot remember the prophet who was asked about if it was okay to drink discaffeine coffee and he basically said 'Coffee is coffee and tea is tea no matter how you present it'

Post Date: 26th Sep, 2003 - 1:50am / Post ID: #

A Friend

It Is OK For Mormons To Drink Tea? Studies Doctrine Mormon

I drink mostly water and juice.  My husband had a hard time giving up drinking tea and coffee, but he replaced it with drinking caffeine free mountain dew and diet coke.

26th Sep, 2003 - 5:57am / Post ID: #

Tea Drink Mormons OK It

Of course you can drink herbs which the Lord has said is ordained for the use of man. Good herbal teas come in more varieties and tastes than the 'bad for you' substances. Choose from peppermint, rosemary, cinnamon, strawberry, apple, etc. For coffee you can try a product called, 'Caro' which tastes just like coffee to me, but it is actually good for you. If memory serves me right it is made from chickweed.

Post Date: 26th Sep, 2003 - 10:53am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Tea Drink Mormons OK It

Choose from peppermint, rosemary, cinnamon, strawberry, apple, etc. For coffee you can try a product called, 'Caro' which tastes just like coffee to me, but it is actually good for you.

I will look for the 'Caro', Shady may like that. I just like not smelling the coffee in the mornings anymore. As for the herbal tea, I really like the peppermint herbal tea. But during the really hot months, I just drink water and juice.

27th Sep, 2003 - 10:01pm / Post ID: #

First of all, I will say that I do drink Coke and Pepsi, but it has been almost 20 years since I drank coffee, tea, or alcohol, or used tobacco.  However, I do still struggle with the desires for all four.

Herb teas aren't really tea.  That is just a handy way to refer to them.  I think the proper term is "infusion", but I could be wrong.  It is an extremely effective way to withdraw the vital oils and other essences that the herbs contain.  The other main way is to soak them in pure grain alcohol, and take very small amounts.  I seem to recall that either of these ways are preferable to taking the whole herb in capsules or pills, as the processing of the capsules and pills tends to destroy the oils.  Of course, taking something like cayenne or garlic is much better in capsule form than 'tea'.  8)

Caro and Postum are okay.  When I was a child, we often had them in our home.  After having used coffee on a regular basis for a couple of years, I now find I can't stand either Caro or Postum.

There is a long-standing, shadowy tradition in Utah that it is okay to drink decaffeinated coffee.  I have known several people who do, yet maintain their temple recommends.  I don't think it is right, but I wouldn't even pretend to judge someone else because of their choices.

Now, I also know of some people who use coffee on an irregular basis, and are still attending the temple.  One woman I know of suffers with occasional asthma attacks.  When she does, she nurses a cup of coffee.  It works better than the 'puffer.'

Now that I think of it, when I started at BYU a few years ago, I was diagnosed with asthma.  I was having to use a puffer several times a day for a while.

Since I finished my degree, I have reached a point where I consume quite a large amount of Coke and Pepsi most days.  I haven't had to use any medication for about two years.

In July, my wife convinced me to stop.  I stopped for a couple of months, then last week, was feeling very nauseous.  I bought some Coke, and it helped immensely.  Now I am back in the habit.

A couple of weeks ago, I found that I was having a hard time breathing again.  Not enough to need medication, but I definitely noticed feeling like I had band around my chest.  I haven't felt that this week.

I hadn't even thought of the possible connection until I started writing this.  Interesting.

NightHawk

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th Sep, 2003 - 10:20pm / Post ID: #

It OK Mormons Drink Tea

Herb teas aren't really tea.

Please, let us not go there. :smile.gif

First of all, I will say that I do drink Coke and Pepsi

There is another thread more specific on this board about that subject look for it. (thumb 'click' through the pages)

Rather off topic, but...
In my opinion, reading through the rest of your post... it looks like you need to pay a visit to the Model Mode board (which also covers health issues) and read some of the threads there related to health issues, since your problem is not coffee, asthma, pepsi, or any of those things. Your problem is a body full of waste and it needs cleansing.

28th Sep, 2003 - 12:01pm / Post ID: #

It OK Mormons Drink Tea Mormon Doctrine Studies

Herbal "teas" are wonderful.  I have never tried a coffee substitute, because, well... there just isn't any substitute for the real thing   :/

And frankly, "this time around" I don't miss it.  I have to make it at work occassionally for clients, and the smell is just awful.  Ditto clients who come in reeking of cigarettes  ...  ewwww!

But I'm finding a new appreciation for herbal drinks, as I'm starting a new program to lay off refined white sugar, and other nasty sugars that are found everywhere.  (My mother was just diagnosed with diabetes at the age of 68...) I want to find an herbal tea I can drink cold instead of sodas and juice.  Haven't found the perfect one yet, but I like lemon verbena the most.

IMO
Roz

P.S.  Nighthawk, the herbs soaked in vodka -- afterward are called tinctures and are very powerful medicines.  I don't recommend using them without some serious study.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (8) »

> TOPIC: It Is OK For Mormons To Drink Tea?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,