LDS Perspective: War in Iraq - Page 7 of 10

LOVE OFFERING TO CHILDREN OF BAGHDAD See https://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2007/...ren-of-baghdad/ - Page 7 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 13th Dec, 2007 - 2:05am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 10 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
LDS Perspective: War in Iraq Related Information to LDS Perspective: War in Iraq
Post Date: 13th Aug, 2007 - 11:25am / Post ID: #

LDS Perspective: War in Iraq
A Friend

LDS Perspective: War in Iraq - Page 7

I also seriously doubt that Pres. Bush, a man of faith, does not also pray and hope for peace. Just because you believe it just to destroy what you consider evil does not make you less of a man of peace. Or that would require we rethink the term "prince of peace," the war in heaven and the prophecies of Christ's return.

Sponsored Links:
13th Aug, 2007 - 11:36am / Post ID: #

Iraq War Perspective LDS

I really do not see the relevance of what you are saying, maybe you can elaborate a bit.

Post Date: 13th Aug, 2007 - 2:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

LDS Perspective: War in Iraq Studies Doctrine Mormon

You asked:

Did he (Pres. Hinckley) actually announce a decrease in support for the war or is he just merely stating a personal opinion in which he is focusing on peace - I mean to say, he is the Prophet, one can only hope to hear a desire for peace from his lips unless he is the Prophet of Doom and Gloom.

My comment states that certainly any prophet of the Lord would hope/pray for peace. And that such hope would be more than merely personal opinion. It would be requisite as a spokesman for the Prince of Peace.

I also argue that merely because a prophet supports a war does not make him anti-peace. Were that the case, then we cannot explain God's support for the war in heaven. We cannot explain the Prince of Peace's prophesied actions at the second coming, with a number of people to be killed. We cannot explain how God is "peaceful" or "loving" when he executes those who steady the Ark without the necessary authority/permission.

So, I read Pres. Hinckley's "hope for peace" as that hope of a man who loves God, the Son, and his fellow man. Certainly all such men hope for peace. But when they take up arms to get rid of evil, that does not rob them of their peaceful desires. It merely speaks for the point that they will correspondingly react to evil, as opposed to allow it to continue without significant opposition.

I do not state an opinion on whether or not a "good" man would support or oppose the Iraq

13th Aug, 2007 - 2:29pm / Post ID: #

Page 7 Iraq War Perspective LDS

I now understand where you are coming from, and it sounds a lot different from your initial comments where you simply said you disagree with Pres. Hinckley.

Rather off topic, but...
I would like to see you tackle the political angle of this with the Post War Iraq Thread in the News Board: https://www.bordeglobal.com/foruminv/index....pic=8844&st=976 (Do note Religion is kept out of Topics there)

Post Date: 13th Aug, 2007 - 2:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Iraq War Perspective LDS

I do not believe that I disagree with Pres. Hinckley. I said I disagreed with the VIEW that Pres. Hinckley is announcing a decrease in support for the war.

I think that is an inaccurate portrayal of Pres. Hinckley's views on this war. That view being expressed was that Pres. Hinckley was announcing a decrease in support for the war.

Of course, only Pres. Hinckley could further enlighten us.

Reconcile Edited: tortdog on 13th Aug, 2007 - 2:56pm

13th Aug, 2007 - 2:49pm / Post ID: #

The truth is that Pres. Hinckley as well as other Church leaders do not get involved in political matters such as this. We may all argue whether he is speaking through his Prophetic call or simply stating his opinion as a man. This Church haven't given an official statement of the war in Iraq hence it is understandable that most of what has been said and is being said by them is merely a good well-intentioned "opinion". To assume or add to that some sort of prophetic mantle over it is unwise in my opinion.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
9th Sep, 2007 - 11:25pm / Post ID: #

LDS Perspective War Iraq - Page 7

I am not sure about the whole war thing. I mean I know we have to fight to protect our freedom, but do we really need to do that in Iraq?

Post Date: 13th Dec, 2007 - 2:05am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

LDS Perspective War Iraq Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 7

LOVE OFFERING TO CHILDREN OF BAGHDAD
See https://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2007/...ren-of-baghdad/

MEMPHIS, Tennessee - On a recent Saturday afternoon, about 120 women from the Memphis Tennessee Stake of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints met at the stake center for the culmination of an ongoing project to send relief supplies of various kinds to Baghdad.

+  « First of 10 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

> TOPIC: LDS Perspective: War in Iraq

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,