LDS Perspective: War in Iraq - Page 10 of 10

LDS Charities reaching out to Iraq The organization - Page 10 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 6th Jan, 2015 - 9:12pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 10 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 
LDS Perspective: War in Iraq Related Information to LDS Perspective: War in Iraq
Post Date: 1st Aug, 2010 - 10:03pm / Post ID: #

LDS Perspective: War in Iraq - Page 10

Name: Rhinebell

Comments: The US government does not follow the Mormon prophet and does not need their permission to fight aggressors. There is something called preemptive strike which stops the enemy from destroying you before they even start. If more was done we probably wouldn't of had 9/11 in the first place.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 2nd Aug, 2010 - 5:45am / Post ID: #

LDS Perspective: War in Iraq
A Friend

Iraq War Perspective LDS

I'm aware that the President doesn't need the prophet's approve to fight, although wouldn't it be nice. But we do have the choice participating in the war or not, or do what the Lord commanded, denounce war & proclaim peace, until told to do otherwise.

As for preemptive strikes I know the Scriptures expressly forbid it. In the Book of Mormon the Nephites didn't begin loosing until they did a preemptive strike & went on the offensive without God's command.

international QUOTE
Mormon 4:4-5
4 And it was because  the armies of the Nephites went up unto the Lamanites that they began to be smitten; for were it not for that, the Lamanites could have had no power over them.
5 But, behold, the judgments of God will overtake the wicked; and it is by the wicked that the wicked are punished; for it is the wicked that stir up the hearts of the children of men unto bloodshed.

9th Aug, 2010 - 4:25pm / Post ID: #

LDS Perspective: War in Iraq Studies Doctrine Mormon

DonQuijote, are you for or against the War in Iraq? Did you have the same view at the start of the War when Pres. Hinckley 'supported' it?

Post Date: 10th Aug, 2010 - 8:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 10 Iraq War Perspective LDS

At first I had decided to support it as President Hinkley said, but now after seeing so much corruption & lies about the war that I can't bring myself to support it any longer. I respect President Hinckley's counsel but at some point I have to form my own opinions on some things such as this & not just piggyback on someone else's. Plus, there was not as much information available as there was back then, and we assumed President Bush was telling us the truth about the cause of the war, but now it is obvious we were lied to. I wonder if Pres. Hinckley after a time had changed his stance on it, but dared not talk out against the government. The war did do some good I have to admit, but that was a long time ago & in my opinion they should have left after they took out Saddam.

Some of the reasons why I've changed my opinion on it are: Videos of Blackwater troops killing civilians at random, the wiki-leaks video of US soldiers killing reporters & children along with an apology of one of the troops there, lies & exaggerations of WMD's, CIA admitting to faking some Bin Laden videos to keep the war going there & in Afghanistan, the Patriot Act which resulted from the war on terror which took away many of our freedoms, troops guarding opium fields in Afghanistan, etc. After 9 years, who has benefited the most out of the war in the Middle East? Obama used the war to promise to end it once he took office (and it worked of course), Haliburton made over 17 billion dollars in oil field repairs & constructing military bases, as well as many banks & other war profiteers who would love nothing more than to have the war continue on forever. Now it appears that they are going to start more wars before we even end the ones we are in. If our government were genuinely interested in protecting us from terrorists they would protect our borders . Obama as well as Bush failed miserably in this aspect & makes me wonder how much they really care about the safety of our country, and is one of the main reasons for making me question all these wars in the name of "freedom."

I have come to agree more with President Benson's statements about the conspiring men that are working to control our government & destroy the freedom of all nations. These secret combinations having been working hard over the last 100 years to bring us in to bondage, and I can see now that we are nearing the climax of their plans to destroy freedom & free agency while many sit idly by & let it happen.

President Benson worked with the government as the Secretary of Agriculture. He was in the loop & realized what was going on. He was very big on this scripture, and tried to wake up as many people as he could about what is going on around us. He said has much as he could without openly speaking out against the government.

international QUOTE
Ether 8:21-25
21 And they have caused the destruction of this people of whom I am now speaking, and also the destruction of the people of Nephi.
22 And whatsoever nation shall uphold such secret combinations, to get power and gain, until they shall spread over the nation, behold, they shall be destroyed; for the Lord will not suffer that the blood of his saints, which shall be shed by them, shall always cry unto him from the ground for vengeance upon them and yet he avenge them not.
23 Wherefore, O ye Gentiles, it is wisdom in God that these things should be shown unto you, that thereby ye may repent of your sins, and suffer not that these murderous combinations shall get above you, which are built up to get power and gain-and the work, yea, even the work of destruction come upon you, yea, even the sword of the justice of the Eternal God shall fall upon you, to your overthrow and destruction if ye shall suffer these things to be.
24 Wherefore, the Lord commandeth you, when ye shall see these things come among you that ye shall awake to a sense of your awful situation, because of this secret combination which shall be among you; or wo be unto it, because of the blood of them who have been slain; for they cry from the dust for vengeance upon it, and also upon those who built it up.
25 For it cometh to pass that whoso buildeth it up seeketh to overthrow the freedom of all lands, nations, and countries; and it bringeth to pass the destruction of all people, for it is built up by the devil, who is the father of all lies; even that same liar who beguiled our first parents, yea, even that same liar who hath caused man to commit murder from the beginning; who hath hardened the hearts of men that they have murdered the prophets, and stoned them, and cast them out from the beginning.

There is a book he wrote called "None Dare Call it a Conspiracy" which is an excellent book to help start to explain what was going on even in President Benson's day, and still continues.

Reconcile Edited: DonQuijote on 10th Aug, 2010 - 8:38pm

10th Aug, 2010 - 9:02pm / Post ID: #

Iraq War Perspective LDS

Makes you wonder why Hinckley didn't know it was a lie before he gave his support for it. Isn't that what the prophets did long ago... Foresee the future and tell the armies where to go who to fight and whether it was blessed by god or not.

Post Date: 13th Mar, 2013 - 9:30am / Post ID: #

Name: Shorerunner

Title: LDS support invasion

Comments: For the president of the LDS church to support and not condemn the illegal invasion of Iraq and the killing of upward of 2 [million] innocent Iraqis who are children of god is an outrage. How can he possibly sleep at night after professing Jesus on one hand and condoning this massacre of god's children is the height of hypocrisy. Please ask him which country Jesus (the prince of peace) would bomb.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 6th Jan, 2015 - 9:12pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

LDS Perspective War Iraq - Page 10

LDS Charities reaching out to Iraq

The organization has provided medical supplies, equipment and food for Bajed Kandala 1 and Bajed Kandala 2, camps that serve internally displaced people targeted by the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria. Ref. Source 5

+  « First of 10 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 

> TOPIC: LDS Perspective: War in Iraq

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,