Where are the transfigured? - Page 2 of 2

I have a theory that I have not found any - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 12th Jul, 2007 - 10:11pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
16th Sep, 2005 - 3:27pm / Post ID: #

Where are the transfigured? - Page 2

Based upon 3 Nephi 28:19-20 I believe that the attempts on their lives shows just how mortal they look. They do not in other words, give the appearance of 'I have been to Heaven' or 'Look at me I am transfigured'. Therefore they can blend so easily that they can go without detection.

Another point to notice is that after Christ came to the people in the Book of Mormon up to four generations passed and the people became wicked until the Three Nephites were withdrawn from them. I hope that this is not also the case now because of the wickedness of the world.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th Sep, 2005 - 1:59pm / Post ID: #

Where are the transfigured?
A Friend

transfigured the Where

The lost 10 tribes are still on this earth. I don't agree with the idea that man knows were they are. They are hidden from us for a reason, yes John the Baptist is with them preparing them to come forth at the due time of the Lord.

Where are the other one's. The three Nephites are walking the earth, there is a book that I seen once called The Three Nephites, and it talks about peoples experiences in meeting them.

The City of Enoch was the Largest Translation that we have, but yet all we know where they are is, "for God received them in his own bosom;..." (Moses 7:69) So where is everyone that has been translated? Only God knows the truth of their location.

Reconcile Edited: Weisenberger on 19th Sep, 2005 - 2:00pm

Post Date: 28th Apr, 2007 - 2:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Where are the transfigured? Studies Doctrine Mormon

I was taught as a youth in primary and mutual that the "lost" tribes were dispersed throughout the earth and were "lost" even among themselves. That they wouldn't be brought together again until the second coming.

Was I understanding incorrectly?

Post Date: 3rd May, 2007 - 2:20am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 2 transfigured the Where

Joseph Smith stated that the 10 tribes were taken from the earth, and that when 'the earth reels to and fro like a drunken man' they will be brought back to the earth.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please check over your spelling using the built-in Spell Checker before posting your message. Make sure to give sources for quotes.

Post Date: 2nd Jul, 2007 - 6:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

transfigured the Where

This idea that they were taken from the earth like the city of Enoch is folklore, even if Joseph Smith believed the theory. The city of Enoch was taken off this earth because of righteousness. The ten tribes were taken captive because of wickedness.

I agree that they are on the earth. On the other hand, from my research, I believe that there are indications of where the ten tribes are. They are spread out throughout the whole earth, but the main body of them stayed put where they were taken captive to in the first place, because they were still held captive by the Kings of the Persians and the Medes throughout a significant portion of their history, until the time of Islam when many of them were forcefully converted to Islam.

Reconcile Message Edited...
LDS_forever: PLEASE do not post external links for the purpose of people visiting your site. Read our constructive policy.

12th Jul, 2007 - 10:11pm / Post ID: #

I have a theory that I have not found any back up for.

If the spirit world is on the earth,but we cannot see it, could translated beings (three nephites, lost tribes of Israel if they are still here) have the ability to move between this world and the the spirit world as needed to perform their duties but also remain anonymous?

Just a thought.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Where are the transfigured?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,