The Road to Forgiveness - Page 2 of 2

My imagination and lightning-fast method of - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 13th May, 2004 - 5:33am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 

?
Poll: How fast do you repent once you are aware you have sinned?
  Immediately       0.00%
  Within a day       33.33%
  During the week       0.00%
  A month after       0.00%
  I don't keep track       0.00%
  When I am moved to repent       66.67%
  I don't, I have to get started       0.00%
Total Votes: 6
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
12th May, 2004 - 2:45am / Post ID: #

The Road to Forgiveness - Page 2

Gaucho said:

So, are these really things that need to be repented of? Or are they too trivial to worry about? Maybe some of you could share some minor sins that you have repented of in the past.

My Patriarchal Blessing states that I should pray daily, and that nothing is too trivial to take to the Lord. That tells me that the opposite is also true -- no sin is too small to take to the Lord.

Is not making the bed in the morning a sin? No, and I don't think it's even a transgression. Not praying? I'm not sure if that's a sin, but it's certainly something that needs to be corrected. That can be done immediately by praying. Using the internet at work for personal purposes can be viewed as "stealing" time or pay from your employer - shame on you! Speeding is breaking an earthly law, but we are "subject to" these laws as noted in the Articles of Faith. Repent of this? I'm not sure. Search your own heart.

I repent for judging others too quickly, for allowing anger to control me too often, for neglecting my duties to my family and others, for procrastinating... There are many things I repent of and that means I have to work at correcting those things all the time. Striving for perfection smile.gif

IMO
Roz

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 12th May, 2004 - 3:20am / Post ID: #

The Road to Forgiveness
A Friend

Forgiveness Road The

I agree with FarSeer. We commit sins, large and small on a daily basis. Repentance is a gift and an opportunity to find more happiness in our lives and to become better people. I'm grateful that I know about repentance, because it really helps me keep myself in check. I used to belong to a protestant religion that taught that we are all saved by grace and grace alone, and that there is nothing that we can or should do to recieve forgiveness. It was really an uninvolved religion and I didn't feel fulfilled in it at all.

I try to repent every day. I try to have very honest conversations with my Heavenly Father at least twice a day about what I see I need to do better on. Lately it's been being more patience and accepting that the Lord's time and my time are not the same. I've been needing to trust in the Lord more, and I haven't been as centered on Christ as I should be.

Concerning serious sins, I'm still repenting of a horrible mistake or group of mistakes I made quite some time ago. It's hard to forgive myself, mostly, for being so stupid and to not listening to all the counsel I had been given. I feel now like I wasted a ton of time and energy on things that were just not worth it in the end, and I'm very ashamed of myself. So for me, the toughest battle is forgiving myself and accepting that the Lord will forgive me, no matter how badly I view myself.

I'm very grateful for repentance and it has taught me so much about myself and the loving nature of the Lord.

Post Date: 13th May, 2004 - 5:33am / Post ID: #

The Road to Forgiveness
A Friend

The Road to Forgiveness Studies Doctrine Mormon

My imagination and lightning-fast method of pondering and viewing is fueled by this topic.

I am no stranger to repentence. Sometimes I wonder at the beautiful, excruciating process of repentence and am brought to tears. When I say I am no stranger to repentence, I mean that I am no stranger to the actual trying to repent part of it. Sometimes, no... all the time, I pretty much have decided, I don't have any clue what I'm doing.

For those of you who know what I'm talking about, there is a drug in this world that doesn't harm the body, physical well being of that body, or the future well being of that body at all, but is more addictive than heroine because it is a poison that transforms the nit network of our souls into canquerous masses of writhing habit slowly but surely with every glance and snippet.

What does one do in repentence? Hurt. A lot. You hurt. Some people may think that it's just forgetting that anything happened, like myself. I like to think that. Nope, doesn't work that way. The Lord says, "I the Lord will remember them no more," but He won't just forget them because we did. It is an actual, living process of an actual, living being that is forever and eternally interested and concerned and intimately involved in our Salvation. If we don't literally go to Him and prove we're done by confessing it to a Bishop if necessary, He will continue to remember it, and it will canquer.

The pain is so horrible when repenting, sometimes, that we wonder whether we can get through it. But, that experience reminds me of my dad, and how we handled slivers back when I was a child that ran around without shoes on. He would tell me to grit my teeth and cry all I wanted. He wasn't going to lie to me and tell me that him digging the sliver out wouldn't hurt, I would just have to live through it. Same thing. As Evanescence so plainly put, "This pain is just to real."

Sometimes I wonder at myself and my own ability to repent. Do I really know what's going on in my life? If I do, then why do I keep throwing it away?

-Tony

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: The Road to Forgiveness

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,