Joseph going west.

Joseph West - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 11th May, 2004 - 1:19pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 25th Feb, 2003 - 12:50pm / Post ID: #

Joseph going west.
A Friend

Joseph going west.

Joseph Going West

If Joseph and Hyrum didn't return to Nauvoo, but instead did flee. They would not have died in the carthage jail. What would have happened? Would they have found a place in the west for the saints and lived long enough to prepare the world for the second coming? Or was his martyrdom inevitable?

Sponsored Links:
25th Feb, 2003 - 2:22pm / Post ID: #

west Joseph

Or was his martyrdom inevitable?

From several aspects of study I have come to the understanding that it was inevitable that his blood would seal his testimony. it would be interesting to see him operating in Utah, but then that might have been more trouble for the Saints there as not too many were concerned with Brigham, but with Joseph.

25th Feb, 2003 - 3:27pm / Post ID: #

Joseph going west. Studies Doctrine Mormon

Joseph and Hyrum knew exactly the day when they were going to die. While Joseph Smith was on the boat leaving Navoo, he changed his mind and went back to Navoo. He told the saints that "he was like a sheep going to the slaughter, but he was as calm as a summer's night."

11th May, 2004 - 12:21pm / Post ID: #

west Joseph

Joseph and Hyrum knew exactly the day

Was it that they knew the exact day or was he prompted by the Spirit to go here, go there... etc so that it lead up to him being in Jail? I believe they were aware of the death to occur, but possibly not how? Or maybe an Angel told him beforehand? In any case, if he did make it to Utah then I wonder if Joseph would have chosen to stand against the US government with regards to plural marriage? I also wonder if having Joseph alive might have actually meant more trouble for the Saints (with regards to the US government).

11th May, 2004 - 1:19pm / Post ID: #

west Joseph

I'm sure he would have been a catalyst for more confrontations with the government. Wasn't he already the general of a militia? It would have been outright war, and possibly the end of the Church right there.

In My Opinion, of course.
Roz

> TOPIC: Joseph going west.

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,