Jonah's Resentment

Jonah' S Resentment - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 29th Aug, 2003 - 6:31pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th Jul, 2003 - 3:40pm / Post ID: #

Jonah's Resentment

Most Sunday School classses both in and out of the Church teach of Jonah and the whale. The story is always shown as Jonah, a prophet of the time sis not want to preach to a certain group of people because of his fear of their wickedness.

In doing some research I have found that Jonah may not have had fear in doing it, but resentment at the fact that a people that mocked God so much could still have the blessing of a prophet among them. (Jonah 4:1-2)

In relating this to 'home' I wonder if it is not true when sometimes our own Brothers and Sisters mock at something we hold sacred and then we are asked to visit them, or say hello, or teach the word, or even to hear them teach us... would we also want to depart?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th Aug, 2003 - 1:44pm / Post ID: #

Jonah's Resentment
A Friend

Resentment Jonahs

[quote]Most Sunday School classses both in and out of the Church teach of Jonah and the whale. The story is always shown as Jonah, a prophet of the time did not want to preach to a certain group of people because of his fear of their wickedness.

In doing some research I have found that Jonah may not have had fear in doing it, but resentment at the fact that a people that mocked God so much could still have the blessing of a prophet among them. (Jonah 4:1-2)[/quote]

I thought everyone taught it that way... he despised the thought that people who have mocked God for so long, could be forgiven and even blessed. He wanted to see Ninevah destroyed and did not appreciate the possibility of it being spared...

[quote]In relating this to 'home' I wonder if it is not true when sometimes our own Brothers and Sisters mock at something we hold sacred and then we are asked to visit them, or say hello, or teach the word, or even to hear them teach us... would we also want to depart?[/quote]

I can say for sure that this is a big YES!... I have, since joining the church, lost many good friends and some family members because I joined the "Mormon Cult" and have been "brainwashed."

I think that in some of the instances with these people that were particularly hard, that I might have to ask Heavenly Father a couple of times if he was sure if he ever called me to go to them again with the Gospel... Others I would go because the mocking or the knocking was not so intense, but they would reject me out of hand... They have already refused to listen to my teachings of my "false god Joseph Smith" and they continue to "pray" that I might "find a true and personal relationship with Jesus Christ"... Talk about confused people...

29th Aug, 2003 - 6:31pm / Post ID: #

Jonah's Resentment Studies Doctrine Mormon

[quote]I have, since joining the church, lost many good friends and some family members because I joined the "Mormon Cult" and have been "brainwashed."  [/quote]
It is possible they were never friends or family in the first place. I am sure if you went out and drank or smoke it would not bother them (even though you would be killing your body)

Jonah I am sure had to learn more about his approach to the Lord's work. Could you imagine if the Lord had our impatience? We would all b burned already wink.gif

> TOPIC: Jonah's Resentment

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,