Mormon View - Black and White Magic

Mormon View Black White Magic - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 22nd Jan, 2006 - 2:59am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Is there such a thing as "Good Magic"? Is all magic from the devil? What are your thoughts?
22nd Sep, 2002 - 5:05pm / Post ID: #

Mormon View: Black and White Magic

Is there such a thing as Black and White Magic? Isn't all come from Satan?

Sponsored Links:
24th Sep, 2002 - 12:59am / Post ID: #

Magic White Black View Mormon

We learn from the scriptures that the enemy does have a dark 'power'. It can only be used by mortals who seek to dabble in devilish things. Magic is not of God. I am not talking about a simple magician that makes illusions for kids, I am talking of those who seek ancient runes and relics and devise spells, etc. In the book of Mormon we learn that many kings died and people were made afrightened by the 'secret workings of ancient books' that were kept on ' how to do evil' basically. (see Ether) An Old Testament example I can give you off the bat is Saul that went to the witch to speak with the ghost named 'Samuel' instad of asking the Prophet or the Lord.

27th Sep, 2002 - 1:13am / Post ID: #

Mormon View - Black and White Magic Studies Doctrine Mormon

Okay JB,  great. Now if I don't believe that the power of Satan can hurt me (because of my great faith in God) can still affecting me or not?

28th Sep, 2002 - 9:21am / Post ID: #

The enemy can still tempt you, we learn that especially from Job and Jesus, because they were great men and yet were tempted. However this does not mean you have to YIELD to temptation becausee you are being tempted. Their is no sin in being tempted, but there is sin in putting yourself in a position to be tempted.

Example: If you have a weakness for smokes then you would not go in a tobbacco store to get a soft drink when you know you could go to a mini-mart or somewhere else.

I would not worry about the 'magics', Lucifer has many other ways that he will seek to destroy and they are so subtle that they do not appear as 'real' but they are...

The only thing the enemy is great in is in never giving up. Remember that.

18th Nov, 2002 - 3:45pm / Post ID: #

Thanks JB, that's so true

26th Aug, 2003 - 5:43pm / Post ID: #

There is another magic that people use today. It is called 'hard drugs'. They 'open' your mind (open your body to possession). They claim to see things and know things greater when on a high. In the Book of Revelations there are direct prophecies of men using 'drugs' in the last days. While on my mission I met many 'hard' users. They told me many things that would amaze or scare you.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Aug, 2003 - 12:32am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Mormon View Black White Magic

This is an interesting topic, LDS, especially since I was just refered to a book which is on this very topic. It's not an LDS book, but it's about two people who have been involved in "hauntings". They talk about how people dabble in the occult and unwittingly invite demons into their home. Even when people think they are working "white" magic, it's still the occult and they may still unwittingly invite demons into their presence. It's just something best left completely alone.

Besides, there is only one ultimate power in the universe and only one to whom we should look to and that is our Heavenly Father. Anything else is of the devil.

I did find an old Ensign article by doing a search on the church website. I knew that the leaders had spoken out against any association with the occult. This is a good article because he uses scriptures to back up his reasons for avoiding all things like this. It's an article by Robert J. Matthews called "Searching The Scriptures: What The Scriptures Say About Astrology, Divination, Spirit Mediums, Magic, Wizardry and Necromancy" It's in the March 1974 Ensign. It would be well worth yours, or anyone elses time, to go review that article. It clearly shows that all through the scriptures, and all through the ages, the saints have been warned about anything even vaguely occultic.

Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2006 - 2:59am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Mormon View Black White Magic Mormon Doctrine Studies

The only difference between white magic and black magic is how someone uses it. It still has the same source Lucifer.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Mormon View - Black and White Magic

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,