Going To The Bishop - Page 2 of 2

"There are times in the lives of all - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 10th Mar, 2004 - 2:13am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
26th Aug, 2003 - 5:35pm / Post ID: #

Going To The Bishop - Page 2

These threads are getting longer and longer and I feel like I am reading a book laugh.gif

Melodilynn said...

I've known of leaders who drink coffee.  This isn't following the WOW.  Is that something to bring to the attention of the bishop (even if I do it the way JB suggests and just hint that there may be a problem).  What if I know that a member is stealing from his bosses at work?  I guess this is one of the main questions to be answered:  Just what behavior is reportable?  How serious does the transgression have to be?

Easy, if the transgression is serious enough that it would jepordize the member's status or membership then by all means try your best to help the person get it resolved by making sure they speak with the Bishop. For instance, if the person drinks coffee before and after getting a temple recommend interview then that means you have a close enough association with the person to see them doing it, and therefore you can approach them on it. Now if you are getting this info from hear say or gossip well then let it die.
Offtopic but,
As for remaining hidden, I think you may not be up on the fact that an email address can be created anywhere by anyone using any computer anywhere in the world. So really, unless you want the person to know who you are, they will never know. Of course I can go on with spoofing IPs, setting up redirects, etc, but this is not the computer board wink.gif

Sponsored Links:
27th Aug, 2003 - 12:11am / Post ID: #

Bishop To Going

Thanks JB & LDS_F   smile.gif

It felt like the right thing at the time, and the whole situation was so upsetting I couldn't see making it worse.  Of course now, as I said before, it's up to me to forgive and forget.

Interesting, because it was just at the time a couple of years ago when I was just starting to come back to church, and here's this "high office" elder acting inappropriately.  It was a real test for me.  But, actually, one of the things that saved the situation was something the man himself said to me a week before he died:  "Don't let what a single person has done turn you away from the Lord or the church."  I wonder if he knew what was going to happen when he died?  (he was real sick, so he knew he was dying...)

Roz

10th Mar, 2004 - 2:13am / Post ID: #

Going To The Bishop Studies Doctrine Mormon

"There are times in the lives of all of us when we must reach out to our
bishop or his counselors for help. Perhaps we need inspired counsel and
direction to help with our families or our occupations. Perhaps we seek
increased understanding of the gospel or the duties of our callings. We may
need temporal assistance in a time of stress. We may even reach out for
discipline to assist us in getting back on the path of growth. Always we
benefit from their stalwart examples. Thank heaven for faithful and
inspired bishops and branch presidents and their counselors!"

(Dallin H. Oaks, "Bishop, Help!" Ensign, May 1997, 22)

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Going To The Bishop

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,