Blacks & The Mormon Priesthood - Page 10 of 20

Interesting post Cheeky. I agree with you - Page 10 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 10th Apr, 2013 - 4:10pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 20 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  ...Latest (20) »
Best of  Blacks & Mormon Priesthood Controversial Mormon Issue.
19th Sep, 2011 - 5:25pm / Post ID: #

Blacks & The Mormon Priesthood - Page 10

A recent article entitled Racism and the Church: Do We Demand Change? made me wonder how the author came to the conclusion that the LDS Church somehow is more diverse that other faiths in the way they treat Blacks. Interestingly enough the author is no longer a Member but did not state why.

international QUOTE
However, the belief that blacks were inferior members of the church has never been part of the Church's teaching, though it has been perpetrated by many misguided members and misinformed nonmembers

Sponsored Links:
9th Oct, 2011 - 1:12am / Post ID: #

Priesthood Mormon and Blacks

Mormon expresses his view when he is confronted about the aspects of racism taught about Blacks being cursed:

In the caption the person who showed the clip emphasized the smile which I believe was more of a nervous reaction but also because he is not Black. It is very natural for most people to think nothing much of something that does not pertain to them. For instance what if it were the Chinese that were the ones cursed.

25th Jan, 2012 - 1:35pm / Post ID: #

Blacks & The Mormon Priesthood Studies Doctrine Mormon

Another explanation on Blacks and the Priesthood done in a more diplomatic way:

2nd Mar, 2012 - 2:57pm / Post ID: #

Page 10 Priesthood Mormon and Blacks

The Church came out with a statement that it "condemns" all past and present racism in and out of the Church. Well doesn't that mean the Church condemns some of the past leadership as they were obviously racist by the comments they made and taught as doctrine!

Post Date: 10th Jul, 2012 - 11:12pm / Post ID: #

Priesthood Mormon and Blacks

Name: Hal

Comments: The Mormon church wishes this never existed in their history but it does and I bet if it weren't for men like Martin Luther King Jr. It wouldn't have even been an issue that Black men couldn't have the priesthood.

11th Jul, 2012 - 6:58pm / Post ID: #

Blacks & The Mormon Priesthood

I am offended at some of the statements given on this thread. Who are we to judge God and his holy commandments? If blacks couldn't hold the Priesthood is because God designed it that way. We don't have the answers for everything but since 1978 black members of the Church can hold the Priesthood, why is it that we have to live in the past?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
10th Apr, 2013 - 3:23pm / Post ID: #

Blacks & Mormon Priesthood - Page 10

It is not about living in the past, it is about researching and acknowledging our past mistakes. Yes, the ban in my opinion was a mistake and not a revelation from God. It was imposed by 19th century prejudice.

There is no doctrinal basis for the ban. It was a policy that was held for more than 100 years. According to President Kimball's son (Ed Kimball) his father was greatly influenced by the work of Lester Bush in the 1973 article research on "Dialogue" about how the Priesthood ban started and I think after doing this "Groundwork" he was able to approach the Lord in prayer.

10th Apr, 2013 - 4:10pm / Post ID: #

Blacks & Mormon Priesthood Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 10

Interesting post Cheeky. I agree with you 100% about the ban not being instituted by God although I wonder, is it possible that the Lord permitted the ban to stay for so long and why?

> TOPIC: Blacks & The Mormon Priesthood

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,