Mormons Having Tattoos - Page 2 of 6

That fact that I have a tattoo can sometimes - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 13th Aug, 2003 - 12:20am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

Controversial Mormon Issue
6th Aug, 2003 - 3:31pm / Post ID: #

Mormons Having Tattoos - Page 2

I know He loves you and He loves everyone of us. I'm glad though your garments will cover the tattoo. wink.gif Sometimes we take decisions in life that may have consequences for life but you know what?, even though you may have your tattoo forever, God knows your heart and a ink drawing in your skin will not change how you feel now and who you are now wink.gif. God bless smile.gif

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Aug, 2003 - 8:10pm / Post ID: #

Mormons Having Tattoos
A Friend

Tattoos Mormons

THE OLD TESTAMENT SAYS NO MARKS UPON THE BODY OR NO TATTOOS WHY?BECAUSE BODY MARKINGS ,THE WAY YOU CUT YOUR HAIR  WERE ALL PART OF IDOL WORSHIP OF BAAL AND OTHER STRANGE GODS.I THINK IF YOU GET BAPTIZE AND THEN GO OUT AND GET A TATTOO THAT IS IDOLATRY AND SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO ENTER A TEMPLE OF GOD.THE TEMPLE RECCOMEND INTERVIEW QUESTIONS SHOULD INCLUDE A QUESTION ON TATTOOS.

Post Date: 8th Aug, 2003 - 8:15pm / Post ID: #

Mormons Having Tattoos
A Friend

Mormons Having Tattoos Studies Doctrine Mormon

And while we are on it, how about adding body piercings to that list of questions...

Rather off topic, but...
Ashes, a point of Netiquette... Please don not type with your CAPS Lock on... it is the equivalent of yelling in the forum...

9th Aug, 2003 - 12:01am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Tattoos Mormons

THE TEMPLE RECCOMEND INTERVIEW QUESTIONS SHOULD INCLUDE A QUESTION ON TATTOOS.

I think so too and also the body piercing like Wanlorn mentioned. Now, I wonder why the Church still allowing that? I suppose it is because it is very hard to distinguished a tattoo before baptism and one after baptism. But I do think it will reach a moment when that will be a requirement to enter the Temple.

9th Aug, 2003 - 12:32am / Post ID: #

Tattoos Mormons

Let us remember that a person CAN enter the temple wearing a tattoo or body piercings. Unless things have changed, there is no rule stopping it. In fact I have seen this already, it is ashame really. I have also seen where they try to cover some tattoos where it may be a big distraction, but that can only go so far.

Post Date: 9th Aug, 2003 - 2:51am / Post ID: #

Mormons Having Tattoos
A Friend

Mormons Having Tattoos

Of course they can, and I for one am glad of it... after all I have a tattoo and I cannot afford to  have it removed...

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
9th Aug, 2003 - 10:46am / Post ID: #

Mormons Tattoos - Page 2

I can understand the tattoo bit because it is not so easily removed, but the rings in the nose and ears I do not understand because it 'is' removable.

13th Aug, 2003 - 12:20am / Post ID: #

Mormons Tattoos Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 2

That fact that I have a tattoo can sometimes be embarrassing, but it is easily covered with a (large) bandage.  Even though I was baptized at 8 years old, I wasn't brought up in the church.  Then after a brief active period, including being sealed in the temple, I became inactive again.  This was when I had the tattoo done, and before I ever heard anything scriptural or doctrinal about tattooing or piercing.

I've done my repentance.  My bishop, and the Holy Ghost, tells me I'm forgiven.  I'm not ashamed of it.  It reminds me of a period of my life that I managed to live through, in spite of some rather dangerous and scary episodes, and I think helps to remind me that I don't ever want to live like that again...  I'm not saying that I'm proud of it either.  *It's just part of who I am.*

Like Wanlorn, I also don't have the $2,500.00 for laser surgery to remove it.  When I return to the temple, I'll probably cover it with a bandage out of respect for the Lord's house.  But in my daily life, it's just a part of me.

Now... about those who tattoo and pierce when they are taught and brought up with the knowledge that it is scripturally forbidden and frowned upon by the church leaders?  Well, they have their agency and they will be dealt with accordingly, in the Lord's own time.  It is up to us to love and forgive ALL men, and we are not to judge others.  I've had well-meaning members direct me to the Gospel Principles class, when they have no idea that I actually teach in Relief Society.  This is based solely on their judgment of me with a tattoo.

So.  Love one another.  Judge not, lest ye be judged.  Don't sweat the small stuff.

Roz

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Mormons Having Tattoos

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,