Did Adam have a Belly Button?

Did Adam Belly Button - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 23rd Jan, 2003 - 2:47pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »
12th Jan, 2003 - 9:58pm / Post ID: #

It is a simple question. What is your answer? What about Eve?

NOTE: For those of you who do not get the point... we know that Adam was not born of a woman in the traditional way, so would he have a belly button?

Sponsored Links:
13th Jan, 2003 - 4:14pm / Post ID: #

Button Belly have Adam Did

No, he didn't how he could?. As you well said he was not born in the traditional way so in my opinion he didn't have a belly button. Now, at the same time we have to think in the scripture that says that we were created by God's image...hmmmm...interesting topic. I would like to know what Nephiproject has to say about this one smile.gif

Post Date: 15th Jan, 2003 - 8:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Did Adam have a Belly Button? Studies Doctrine Mormon

This is a totally speculative question that could never be proven one way or the other via Traditional Scriptures. I however, personally believe Adam had a belly button. When one begins to realize that the book of Genesis is a highly condensed digest of the more ancient Sumerian Enuma Elish tablets, one begins to realize that there was much much more to the story of the creation than God taking a lump of clay and forming and shaping man from the dust of the earth.  The best alternative theory I've ever read is Genesis Revisited by Zecharia Sitchin.  His theory will upset many traditionalists or those who have accepted the magic act of God. Sitchin's Earth Chronicles Series of 7 or 8 books that describe, interpret and explain  Ancient Sumerian, Akkadian clay tablets existing in museums around the world and Egyptian Papyrii.  His books are full of information and require effort and concentration to fully absorb.  Also, his books will never be found in the Biblical Section or History sections of any library or bookstore. Instead, his books have been placed in the New Age Section of bookstores. Reminds me of the time I found a book called Worlds in Collision by Velikovsky - a maverick Russian astrophysicist in the Mystical section of a bookstore in 1972. His catastrophe theory that the earth's collison with an asteroid or something larger changed the climate of the earth very quickly and subsequently wiped out the dinosaur population at the time is now accepted by the scientific community as fact.  Zecharia Sitchin falls into the same category. Those sober souls who scan the covers of his books will laugh him off. I do not.  He has a lot to contribute to those LDS who can integrate what he says to what has been revealed to us in this last dispensation. Most though will not accept his theories easily because they're not easy to accept.
Read Genesis Revisited - It's the easiest of his books to read.
In short, the Adapa or Adam was created from the egg of the most advanced primate and the sperm of Enki. This was done by Enki and Ninhursag through genetic and in-vitro techniques and the fetus was carried to term by Ninhursag. The Sumerian astronomer-priest class  must have copied these tablets from  great science fiction writers living at the time. The only problem is that in today's world it doesn't seem like science fiction any longer. So did Adam have a Belly-button - Yes, he did - in my opinion.

20th Jan, 2003 - 3:40pm / Post ID: #

Okay, I must admit it your reply Nephyproject about  this thread have surprised me quiet a bit smile.gif since I know you're an LDS member. smile.gif But let me start  by quoting you so I will be able to understand you more:
[quote]When one begins to realize that the book of Genesis is a highly condensed digest of the more ancient Sumerian Enuma Elish tablets, one begins to realize that there was much much more to the story of the creation than God taking a lump of clay and forming and shaping man from the dust of the earth[/quote]

Sumerian Enuma Elish tablets? wait a minute...wait a minute...Are you saying that Moses did not write Genesis?.
Indeed in Genesis 2: 7 say " And the Lord formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and watered the whole face of the ground")
In the footnotes there is NO reference that it says that God has created man in any other way than the one written in Genesis.
[quote]In short, the Adapa or Adam was created from the egg of the most advanced primate and the sperm of Enki. This was done by Enki and Ninhursag through genetic and in-vitro techniques and the fetus was carried to term by Ninhursag. [/quote]
And do you accept this theory?. I personally think whoever said that it's nuts!!!!!. Genetic and in-vitro techiniques? pleaseee!. Whoever believes that obviously they don't believe in God as the Creator of man because God doesn't need to do all that in order to create a being. This theory is absurd in the religion and LDS point of view. It may be good or acceptable in the Scientist point of view but as a LDS member I cannot accept a ridiculous theory that Adam comes from a primate!. It's way too weird.

Going back to the subjetc, How Adam could possible have a belly button when he didn't not come from a woman womb?.

Post Date: 21st Jan, 2003 - 12:16am / Post ID: #

A Friend

My reply was meant to be a capsule summary of Zecharia Sitchin's well-researched model of Earth history - especially that part of history that relates the story of Adam and Eve.

It is in fact fairly conclusive that the first five books of the Old Testament 'as we have them today' were written not by only Moses or any one man.  In fact, what we have today probably resembles very little of Moses' 'original documents' - There are however, elements of the originals remaining in what we have. The Prophet Jeremiah played a very very large part in reassembling Mose's Text to be politically acceptable to both the Northern Kingdom Israelites and the Southern Kingdom Israelites.  I refer you to Richard Elliott Friedman "Who Wrote the Bible" Friedman is a Professor of Hebrew and comparative literature and holds the Katzin Chair at the U of Calif., San Diego.  He earned his doctorate at Harvard and was a visitng scholar at Oxford and Cambridge. He's researched and written quite a lot re. this subject. Who Wrote the Bible? is a conclusive summary of all the best research on this subject. He only deals with the 1st 5 books of the Old Testament because it is here that so many people from so many places have need of clarity.
Most scholars of Ancient History (including LDS Scholars i.e Hugh Nibley) have known that Genesis is a highly condensed summary of the much more extensive Enuma Elish creation story originally relayed by astronomer/priests with authority to local scribes in Sumerian/Akkadian who copied them on to clay tablets that can still be found today.  

Zecharia Sitchin's Genesis Revisited is the best theory I've read so far as to how mankind came to be - Of course he uses the book of Genesis and the Sumerian enuma elish to elaborate the meaning of many of the obscure sentences in Genesis.  
In any case, I know and accept the fact that most people who would rather keep the Lord invisible and incomprehensible and attribute creative powers beyond the laws and reason of his own physical universe cannot or are not prepared to come to grips with what seems like such an outlandish theory.  I would only say that there is much more to learn than we suppose.
So I'm sending this article by Zecharia Sitchin regarding a well-known genetic anomaly that is very difficult to explain without his theory.  
I couldn't send the pictographs that are in the original article but if you go to www.sitchin.com you can see much more.    

Sensational Human Genome Discovery

THE CASE OF ADAM’S ALIEN GENES

In whose image was The Adam – the prototype of modern humans, Homo sapiens – created?

The Bible asserts that the Elohim said: “Let us fashion the Adam in our image and after our likeness.”  But if one is to accept a tentative explanation for enigmatic genes that humans possess, offered when the deciphering of the human genome was announced in mid-February, the feat was decided upon by a group of bacteria!

“Humbling” was the prevalent adjective used by the scientific teams and the media to describe the principal finding – that the human genome contains not the anticipated 100,000 - 140,000 genes (the stretches of DNA that direct the production of amino-acids and proteins) but only some 30,000+ -- little more than double the 13,601 genes of a fruit fly and barely fifty percent more than the roundworm’s 19,098.  What a comedown from the pinnacle of the genomic Tree of Life!

Moreover, there was hardly any uniqueness to the human genes.  They are comparative to not the presumed 95 percent but to almost 99 percent of the chimpanzees, and 70 percent of the mouse.   Human genes, with the same functions, were found to be identical to genes of other vertebrates, as well as invertebrates, plants, fungi, even yeast. The findings not only confirmed that there was one source of DNA for all life on Earth, but also enabled the scientists to trace the evolutionary process – how more complex organisms evolved, genetically, from simpler ones, adopting at each stage the genes of a lower life form to create a more complex higher life form – culminating with Homo sapiens.

The “Head-scratching” Discovery

It was here, in tracing the vertical evolutionary record contained in the human and the other analyzed genomes, that the scientists ran into an enigma. The “head-scratching discovery by the public consortium,” as Science termed it, was that the human genome contains 223 genes that do not have the required predecessors on the genomic evolutionary tree.

How did Man acquire such a bunch of enigmatic genes?

In the evolutionary progression from bacteria to invertebrates (such as the lineages of yeast, worms, flies or mustard weed – which have been deciphered) to vertebrates (mice, chimpanzees) and finally modern humans, these 223 genes are completely missing in the invertebrate phase. Therefore, the scientists can explain their presence in the human genome by a “rather recent” (in evolutionary time scales) “probable horizontal transfer from bacteria.”

In other words: At a relatively recent time as Evolution goes, modern humans acquired an extra 223 genes not through gradual evolution, not vertically on the Tree of Life, but horizontally, as a sideways insertion of genetic material from bacteria…

An Immense Difference

Now, at first glance it would seem that 223 genes is no big deal. In fact, while every single gene makes a great difference to every individual, 223 genes make an immense difference to a species such as ours.

The human genome is made up of about three billion neucleotides (the “letters” A-C-G-T which stand for the initials of the four nucleic acids that spell out all life on Earth); of them, just a little more than one percent are grouped into functioning genes (each gene consists of thousands of "letters"). The difference between one individual person and another amounts to about one “letter” in a thousand in the DNA “alphabet.” The difference between Man and Chimpanzee is less than one percent as genes go; and one percent of 30,000 genes is 300.

So, 223 genes is more than two thirds of the difference between me, you and a chimpanzee!

An analysis of the functions of these genes through the proteins that they spell out, conducted by the Public Consortium team and published in the journal Nature, shows that they include not only proteins involved in important physiological but also psychiatric functions.  Moreover, they are responsible for important neurological enzymes that stem only from the mitochondrial portion of the DNA – the so-called “Eve” DNA that humankind inherited only through the mother-line, all the way back to a single “Eve.”  That finding alone raises doubt regarding that the "bacterial insertion" explanation.

A Shaky Theory

How sure are the scientists that such important and complex genes, such an immense human advantage, was obtained by us --“rather recently”-- through the courtesy of infecting bacteria?

“It is a jump that does not follow current evolutionary theories,” said Steven Scherer, director of mapping of the Human Genome Sequencing Center, Baylor College of Medicine.

“We did not identify a strongly preferred bacterial source for the putative horizontally transferred genes,” states the report in Nature.  The Public Consortium team, conducting a detailed search, found that some 113 genes (out of the 223) “are widespread among bacteria” – though they are entirely absent even in invertebrates.  An analysis of the proteins which the enigmatic genes express showed that out of 35 identified, only ten had counterparts in vertebrates (ranging from cows to rodents to fish); 25 of the 35 were unique to humans.

“It is not clear whether the transfer was from bacteria to human or from human to bacteria,” Science quoted Robert Waterson, co-director of Washington University’s Genome Sequencing Center, as saying.

But if Man gave those genes to bacteria, where did Man acquire those genes to begin with?

The Role of the Anunnaki

Readers of my books must be smiling by now, for they know the answer.

They know that the biblical verses dealing with the fashioning of The Adam are condensed renderings of much much more detailed Sumerian and Akkadian texts, found inscribed on clay tablets, in which the role of the Elohim in Genesis is performed by the Anunnaki – “Those Who From Heaven to Earth Came.”

As detailed in my books, beginning with The 12th Planet (1976) and even more so in Genesis Revisited and The Cosmic Code, the Anunnaki came to Earth some 450,000 years ago from the planet Nibiru – a member of our own solar system whose great orbit brings it to our part of the heavens once every 3,600 years. They came here in need of gold, with which to protect their dwindling atmosphere.  Exhausted and in need of help in mining the gold, their chief scientist Enki suggested that they use their genetic knowledge to create the needed Primitive Workers.  When the other leaders of the Anunnaki asked: How can you create a new being?  He answered:

"The being that we need already exists;
all that we have to do is put our mark on it.”

The time was some 300,000 years ago.

What he had in mind was to upgrade genetically the existing hominids, who were already on Earth through Evolution, by adding some of the genes of the more advanced Anunnaki.  That the Anunnaki, who could already travel in space 450,000 years ago, possessed the genomic science (whose threshold we have now reached) is clear not only from the actual texts but also from numerous depictions in which the double-helix of the DNA is rendered as Entwined Serpents (a symbol still used for medicine and healing) -- see illustration ‘A’ below.

When the leaders of the Anunnaki approved the project (as echoed in the biblical ”Let us fashion the Adam”), Enki with the help of Ninharsag, the Chief Medical Officer of the Anunnaki, embarked on a process of genetic engineering, by adding and combining genes of the Anunnaki with those of the already-existing hominids.

When, after much trial and error breathtakingly described and recorded in antiquity, a “perfect model” was attained, Ninharsag held him up and shouted: “My hands have made it!” An ancient artist depicted the scene on a cylinder seal (illustration ‘B’).

And that, I suggest, is how we had come to possess the unique extra genes.  It was in the image of the Anunnaki, not of bacteria, that Adam and Eve were fashioned.

A Matter of Extreme Significance

Unless further scientific research can establish, beyond any doubt, that the only possible source of the extra genes are indeed bacteria, and unless it is then also determined that the infection (“horizontal transfer”) went from bacteria to Man and not from Man to bacteria, the only other available solution will be that offered by the Sumerian texts millennia ago.

Until then, the enigmatic 223 alien genes will remain as an alternative – and as a corroboration by modern science of the Anunnaki and their genetic feats on Earth.

ZECHARIA SITCHIN

illustration A
illustration B

© Z. Sitchin 2001

Permission to reprint is hereby
granted on condition that the
following is prominently stated:

© Z. Sitchin
Reprinted with permission.

The report of the Public Consortium is in Nature, Feb 15, 2001 and of
Celera Genomics in Science of Feb 16th, 2001.

21st Jan, 2003 - 1:50am / Post ID: #

It's amazing the way scientists 'reason' (if that is so!) things *shaking head*. There is only ONE way in how Adam and Eve were created and is located in the Book of Genesis. Now, I don't want you to feel I'm a person who walks by blind faith. I'm very open-minded if the theory makes sense, but come on...let's face it....it's outrageous!.
In my spiritual point of view, I see it like a disrespect for God and His infinite power. Of course that we don't have the exact words that Moses used to write Genesis and the other books BUT from there to give it an explanation that comes from the Sumerian Enuma Elish tablets, it's ridiculous because we KNOW where they really come from, if we have  a testimony about it we will for sure know the origin of it, now if we try to analyze it or research it scientifically, no problem at all! but we cannot put it as truth because we know what the Truth really is.
[quote]In any case, I know and accept the fact that most people who would rather keep the Lord invisible and incomprehensible and attribute creative powers beyond the laws and reason of his own physical universe cannot or are not prepared to come to grips with what seems like such an outlandish theory.  I would only say that there is much more to learn than we suppose.  [/quote]
But that's the point, just because for instance, I do not accept this theory it doesn't mean I see God as an invisible-magical type of God that with a twinkle of eye change the whole universe (even though I'm totally convinced he has the power to do so!). He's very real to me and He's perfect. How can I possible try to say that someone else created Adam and Eve? or that in fact Moses Books comes from the Sumerian and other ancient civilations? I DO believe in the Scriptures 100%, they're the guidance in my life, so why I do have to trust a man that no matter how many degrees of degrees he got in Harvard still being a man who doesn't know better?. But we know God knows better and the scriptures refers him as the Creator of the world.
Listen, I'm trying to be logical. Or we believe in the Scriptures as the True word of God, or we believe in scientists that most of the time don't have a place for God in their theories. At least, in the ones pertaining to this thread. Of course there is much more to learn than we suppose to. And there are much more to learn than the Bible and the Book of Mormon, sure, but I do think that the books we choose to read must have a positive impact on us, something that make us be better people, things that are in harmony with our faith and standards because if not, in a moment we will be confused on what wave to follow and what not. Science and theories are tempting and I love them!, but I do make a seperation between my faith and science, they cannot walk in the same path. And I know that my standards and believes are stronger and powerful than any other man's theory on this Earth.
That's why I know with ALL my heart that Adam was created in only one way and is recorded in Genesis. My head will try to make assumptions, create new theories maybe smile.gif and different things, it's normal and fine but if someone ask me how Adam and Eve were created it I will answer them with my heart, with my testimony quoting maybe the scripture in Genesis. What about you? What would be your answer if someone asks you how Adam and Eve were created?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 23rd Jan, 2003 - 2:13am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Did Adam have Belly Button

If someone asked me how Adam and Eve were created, I would first consider who it is asking the question.  I honestly believe Research and Science will eventually verify our Faith, not contradict it.  We have been counseled by every modern Prophet of the Church to 'ponder' the scriptures, to continually build our knowledge of all things.  Genetic Scientists like Dr Spencer Wells who has traced all 'Y' Chromosones from human males (of every color or ethnicity) back to a single man from a single tribe in South Africa  (An Adam) and then traced mankind's migration from Africa to all other parts of our globe nearly 270,000 years ago help people like me to understand more about where my ancestors came from and where the 'Adam' and 'Eve' were created.  Zecharia Sitchin has done a wonderful service for people with his vast journalistic skills and tenacity in bringing out the Ancient knowledge of the Sumerians and Akkadians and then every once in a while (after a new scientific discovery is made about distant planets or  genetic facts) reminding us that in fact, our knowledge seems to be catching up with the Sumerian knowledge base very quickly.  I personally do not agree with the Evolutionist theory of man's development because the all important 'link' between advanced primates and mankind has not been established or proven. That leaves the 'creationist' theory in Genesis that is lacking in detail and common sense on its surface. I've always felt there had to be something 'more' to the creation. In fact, now I realize that 'both' the creationists and the evolutionists are/were correct and that there is more to the Genesis story of Creation. The Sumerians told the story in detail. The first readers of the clay tablets assumed them to be 'myths' made up by imaginative writers (many 'die-hard' ancient historians still do).  Readers and scholars like Zecharia Sitchin do not believe the stories were 'myth'.  I of course do not read ZS like I read scriptures and in fact he may be wrong about some of his speculations about 20-25% of the time i.e his belief that Mt. Sinai is located on the Sinai Peninsula when in fact, in Galatians, we read clearly that Mt. Sinai (where Moses received the Ten commandments from the Lord) is in what is today NW Saudi Arabia, about 25 miles from the Valley of Lemuel - I know this because I've been there. anyone interested in this can read more off https://nephiproject.com

My testimony of the LDS Church is strong and true.  We as LDS need to carefully consider and pray about evidence and revelations that continually spring up all around us. I do this and I am tireless in my continuing  search for evidence that dovetails nicely with LDS Doctrine no matter what its source and no matter how outlandish a theory may sound at first glimpse.  Just as research on genetic markers has demonstrated with almost certainty that the whole human family was once very dark-skinned, just as Adam - the first man was.  Just as ZS demonstrates that a small group of Annunaki from a planet the Sumerians called Nibiru found the most evolved female primate on earth (after much experimentation and failure), took her ovaries, fertilized them with Annunaki sperm, implanted the fertilized egg into Ninhursag who carried it to term in order to speed up the evolutionary progress of mankind in order to have intelligent slaves to work the Gold mines in South Africa for them after an internal (Annunaki) mutiny occurred amongst the Annunaki workers assigned to the mines (who were homesick and tired). The Annunaki code of ethics forbade interfering with evolving life on kindred planets and the story continues. Their planet (Nibiru) has returned every 3,600 years.  
This all sounds so science fictiony until one realizes that this story and more is found in the library of ancient text tablets of the Sumerians in Ashurbanipal in present-day Iraq.  More remains to be uncovered there.  
So who created the Annunaki or Elohim (Those Who From Heaven Came Down)?  God of course. And there's so much more to know.
So yes, once again I believe Adam had a belly button. And I also believe that God is bigger than this story even and more powerful and wonderful and caring than we can imagine.
I admit I am amazed at the Sumerian Story of the Creation of our solar System and I try to fit it all in.

Post Date: 23rd Jan, 2003 - 2:47pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Did Adam have Belly Button Mormon Doctrine Studies

I don't have the patience to sit and read all of these long posts but I get the general idea.  I agree with nepiproject about the Bible as being a sum up and who knows how many other books are missing from it and I also believe that God uses science to create miracles etc...  Scientists have been able to emulate the parting of the red sea at a smaller scale of course, and have discovered the powere the arc of the covenant had to kill all who touched it.  It was a dry cell battery.  I know that God is perfect and has far more knowledge of scientific things than any scientist on earth could hope to imagine, so why wouldn't he use it.  Just because we don't understand it.  It is a mystery but mysteries can be revealed.  That is what a mystery is something not yet revealed not something that unexplainable thing that will never be revealed.  I don't think that knowing God's mysteries are diminishing to God's omipotency in fact is it not verifying his omnisciency.  I find it gives me a greater respect for him and his vast knowledge and I am much more confident in a God who has such infinite wisdom in all things and trust His word when he commands.  However It is hard to know the mind of God and not all scholars no matter how many degrees they have can fully know of the things of God unless moved upon by His HOly Spirit.  Read the Teachings of Latter Day Prophets.  The answer to whether or not Adam Has a Belly Button is in there.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »

> TOPIC: Did Adam have a Belly Button?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,