Lds Peace Operative

Lds Peace Operative - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 19th Jun, 2006 - 7:27pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Don't say a word and all will be fine...
11th Apr, 2006 - 12:52pm / Post ID: #

Lds Peace Operative

LDS Peace Operative

This thread deals with Members who like to always act like there isn't a problem by preaching 'peace and love', but in a word they are just saying 'do not worry about it', 'do not judge'. Here is an example... if I say, "The Johnson family do not have home teachers visiting them - I wonder why?" the LDS Peace Operative will say something like, "It is not for us to judge why they are not doing it, we just have to pray for them". First of all, who is judging? my question denotes no judgement, it is a question, and a question that needs an answer. A better reply would be... "That is a good question, let me find out because the Johnsons should have visits".

Sponsored Links:
11th Apr, 2006 - 1:48pm / Post ID: #

Operative Peace Lds

Some members of the church confuse being a "peacemaker" with being "careless". As Latter-Day Saints we are encouraged to be peacemakers everywhere we are, this does not mean at all that we are not going to deal with the issues that need to be taken care of. It is not excuse for inaction. Most of the time, I realize that it is not so much that they want to portrait they are peacemakers, but is rather a lazy attitude of not want to get involved. I have seen this a hundred times. In every occasion I have been answered as the example JB put above, I have always challenged it and end up almost "forcing" the person to give a blessing, to do home teaching to someone who really needed it or deal with a serious issue that was beyond ridiculous. Now, this does not mean I was looking for contention, but rather to look after the welfare of someone who really needed it and that I personally could not do much but ask for help.
I think we all need to be aware of this: "Prayers" cannot replace "Actions". Both work inseparably connected with each other.

19th Jun, 2006 - 7:27pm / Post ID: #

Lds Peace Operative Studies Doctrine Mormon

I believe there are three ways to deal with conflict or to promote peace. (of course this is a very basic broad scope) One is the fight- which is to force others to do things that they may have not wanted to do. We can use our authority, power, or abilities to push and force or accuse others to do what they do not want to do.
The second is to Flee- Which is to leave the situation alone, to not deal with issues. The third- non violent direct action- This is what christ uses in his ministry. Jesus never accuses anyone of sin, rather he exposes it. Take the example of walking the extra-mile given in the sermon on the mount. It was Roman law that a roman soldier can make a person carry his pack 1 mile for him. However their was great penalty for that roman solder to allow a person to carry it any further. Therefore if you began taking the pack more then a mile, you just have put the Roman soldier in a bind, he has to beg you to stop or he himself will be in trouble. This example exposes the sin or offense of the soldier without forcing violence upon him. It is a way to expose his offense to himself. Even our process of submission becomes a judgement on their actions. This promotes change, in others without using the other two models of peace.

> TOPIC: Lds Peace Operative

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,