First Presidency on Trial?

First Presidency Trial - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 17th Sep, 2008 - 4:09am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
3rd Jul, 2003 - 8:45pm / Post ID: #

D&C 107

The above section contains a 'clause' if you will about who can call the First Presidency to account for their lack of 'service' or 'bad service'. Ever wondered why this would be there if it should not ever be needed? Or maybe it would? What about the early days of the Church? The First Presidency was not always stable. What are your thoughts.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Jul, 2003 - 11:42am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Trial Presidency First

It is to my knowledge that the first presidency can be call to trial by the presiding bishopric and 12 high priests whether the twelve high priest are the 12 apostles I dont know .the first presidency when organized in the early church had its instability.Jesse Gause was first called in the first presidency but was later replace by Frederick .G. Williams, Sidney Rigdon was part of that presidency and eventually left because he thought that he  was Joseph Smith successor.in my view the first presidency and the twelve apostles are both special quorums and they act as one through the spirit and the lord.but they are not above god and if they have transgressed in any way may it be financial ,immorality or not seeking to carry out the lord's work as a quorum then they must be held accountable

7th Jul, 2003 - 1:56pm / Post ID: #

First Presidency on Trial? Studies Doctrine Mormon

That's very true Ashes. Now, we have to remember too that several General Authorities were excommunicated which it would prove to me that if there is something really wrong, the Quorum of the Twelve will not doubt in put the First President under trial.

15th Sep, 2008 - 6:57pm / Post ID: #

Trial Presidency First

Calling the First Presidency to trial and "never lead you astray" does not fit, now does it?

15th Sep, 2008 - 7:10pm / Post ID: #

Trial Presidency First

No, it doesn't. It seems more like a "formality" than anything else.

16th Sep, 2008 - 5:35am / Post ID: #

I've heard it stated that if the 1st presidency - or any other general authority - was attempting to lead the people of the church astray, that they would be "removed from office." Now, whether that's by trial or by death or some other means, I don't know. I've also heard it said that if we are in tune with the spirit and confirm with the spirit the things we are unsure of, that we can't be led astray because we can receive our own revelation about it, good or bad.

Rather off topic, but...
What about the 1st presidency on trial in civil court? Or criminal court? that may not be too far distant.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
16th Sep, 2008 - 11:12pm / Post ID: #

First Presidency Trial

I have never thought about it like that before, this is a good find, so what is the answer, the answer is the First Presidency is not infallible.

Post Date: 17th Sep, 2008 - 4:09am / Post ID: #

A Friend

First Presidency Trial Mormon Doctrine Studies

In His infinite wisdom, , God has seen fit to include, in His checks and balances, provision for the trial by the Church of even the President of the Church if he transgresses.  Though this procedure has not been used within the Church, yet the fact that the Master included the provision in His plan for Church government indicates that the possibility that the Prophet may transgress is a real one...
                                  --Crowther, Thus Saith The Lord, p. 71.

Verses 76 and 82 established the machinery of Church government by which a member of the presidency of the high priesthood could be tried for misconduct.  The revelation specified that such a case  must be heard by the "common council" (I.e., a bishop, his counselors, and twelve high priests.)
                                --Cook, The Revelations of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 216.

What I was taught by an institute teacher is that if you want to not be led astray by leaders of the Church, always follow the records of the Church.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: First Presidency on Trial?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,