Analysis of the Anti-Mormon - Page 2 of 3

QUOTE ...most Church critics are labeled as - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 15th Oct, 2011 - 5:56pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 5th Apr, 2006 - 3:11am / Post ID: #

Analysis of the Anti-Mormon
A Friend

Analysis of the Anti-Mormon - Page 2

One thing I've noticed about people who become disillusioned with the church is that it's often over a perceived contradiction or lie told by a prophet or leader. For example, Blacks and the Priesthood, polygamy, Adam-God etc. Or over the Church's secrecy regarding certain sensitive documents such as Hoffman's forgeries.
One can discover however from careful study of the scriptures that God can sometimes act in a Machiavellian manner (end justifies the means) in accomplishing His "work and glory" (Moses 1:39). Take Nephi in 1 Nephi Chapter 4 for example. He was commanded by God against his own judgement to slay a defenceless person and later impersonate him. He then threatened an innocent bystander when the deceit was discovered. However, the greater good was accomplished. The Brass Plates enlightened the Nephites and Lamanites and the Book of Mormon was later recorded as a result. The good far outweighed the death of one very wicked man. How about all the people the ancient Israelites were commanded to destroy--leaving nothing behind? How about God's commandments to Moses that Sabbath breakers should be stoned to death? In Abraham Chapter 2, God commanded him to lie about his wife being his sister. All necessary evils to bring about the greater good.
With all the lattitude we give Moses, Abraham, Nephi etc. in accomplishing the Lord's ultimate goals; I can certainly lend a little to Joseph Smith, Brigham Young, and Gordon B. Hinckley and not nit pick whatever decisions or statements they made that are not completely understood by me right now.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th Apr, 2006 - 8:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Anti-Mormon the Analysis

I liked your reply Zeezrom. I've never thought of it that way before. Now, when it comes to anti-mormons... in my mind they are those who actively do something to make others leave the Church or not become a member. Simply having trouble with their faith or being inactive doesn't qualify a person as an anti-mormon....

Message Edited!
Persephone: Do not quote the entire message of the User above you just to reply. Use proper grammar here.

Post Date: 20th Apr, 2006 - 2:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Analysis of the Anti-Mormon Studies Doctrine Mormon

My question is how do you respond rationally to a pastor in another faith who would throw stones at children going to EFY? How can they honestly defend that set of actions?

Reconcile Edited: LDS_forever on 20th Apr, 2006 - 2:25pm

20th Apr, 2006 - 2:27pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Anti-Mormon the Analysis

Wisnerk, what EFY stands for? Maybe you can give more detail of the situation so we can understand what you are referring to. Thanks.

Offtopic but,
Keep in mind that we do not use abbreviations here since not everyone would be able to understand. Thanks

20th Apr, 2006 - 4:00pm / Post ID: #

Anti-Mormon the Analysis

EFY - Especially For Youth

I would say to document it on video tape, then turn in a copy to the police. Throwing rocks is assault and battery. If the police don't do anything about it, get the video shown on TV.

Throwing rocks is not anti-Mormon. It is criminal.

Post Date: 12th Oct, 2011 - 10:20pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Anti-Mormonism: 'the prejudice of our age'

Referring to anti-Mormonism as "the prejudice of our age," columnist William Saletan of Slate.com uses an impressive collection of research data to make his point that "the prejudices you need to work on aren't the ones you recognize in your grandparents' generation. They're the ones you don't recognize in your own generation, and in yourself." Ref. Source 2

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
15th Oct, 2011 - 3:23pm / Post ID: #

Analysis the Anti-Mormon - Page 2

I have a problem how the word is used and misused in Church and internet forums. It seems to me that most Church critics are labeled as anti-mormons just because they happen to disagree in certain things with the Church. I don't think that's anti-mormonism.

15th Oct, 2011 - 5:56pm / Post ID: #

Analysis the Anti-Mormon Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 2

international QUOTE
...most Church critics are labeled as anti-mormons

How will you call it then if they speak out against the doctrines of the church or the leaders?

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Analysis of the Anti-Mormon

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,