Last Days Exodus

Last Days Exodus - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 27th Aug, 2003 - 5:54pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »
26th Aug, 2003 - 9:59pm / Post ID: #

Last Days Exodus

I will start with a basic idea here.

I am sure that most, if not all, of us are familiar with the idea that the Church will return to Jackson County, Missouri.  Well, for the last 150 years, there has been a persistent myth that we will trek there by foot, or with handcarts, or some such thing.

In the early 20th century, several of the Brethren pointed out that there were trains, automobiles, etc. that would make this trek easier.  And that we would have access to these technologies.

However, knowing that what has happened will happen, that is, things that are in the scriptures are frequently types of what will be, we should consider a few scriptural stories.

First, consider:
- Adam and Eve, exiting the Garden
- Enoch, with his city, leaving the earth, to escape the destruction
- Noah, with his family, building an ark to escape the destruction
- Abraham, leaving Ur to escape the wickedness
- Jacob, fleeing to Egypt to escape the famine
- Moses, fleeing Egypt to escape destruction
- Lehi, fleeing Jerusalem to escape destruction
- Nephi, fleeing to escape destruction

All of these, along with others, show that God commands those who are obedient, and listen to His voice, to come out of the world when destruction is nigh.

What is interesting, is that Avraham Gileadi, in his excellent new translation of Isaiah, shows that there will be another Exodus, in the Last Days.  This will be a time when a relatively small number of saints will be called out of the world into the 'wilderness' for a time, while the rest of the world goes through the tribulation.  They will be led by a Servant of God.  This Servant is generally referred to as 'the one mighty and strong', or the 'Davidic King'.  It appears that this servant is not Jesus Christ, but is rather a mortal.  He is 'marred beyond human recognition' and suffers for our sakes.  He is a type of the Saviour, that is he does things very similar to what the Saviour did.  He accepts the distinct oath and commission that David did, on the behalf of those who follow him on the Exodus.

NightHawk

Sponsored Links:
26th Aug, 2003 - 11:10pm / Post ID: #

Exodus Days Last

Are you of the opinion that the US will be overrun at some point in the future, that the Church's membership and leadership will be forced into hiding and that we will have to await for the Savior for rescue? I ask because I have heard some Saints talking about this before. They often say they dream of fire in the US and great destruction. One actually told me he saw arabs hoilding guns and riding through the US deseret. He related a part in the JD where Brigham talked about the only place safe in the world would be a strip of valley in Arizona.

26th Aug, 2003 - 11:55pm / Post ID: #

Last Days Exodus Studies Doctrine Mormon

In some ways, I was avoiding some of this.

It is reported that George Washington had a vision of the future of the United States.  He saw the US invaded from the East and from the West.

Many others have had dreams and visions.  I have read very many.  All have very similar aspects.  All see Russians invading from the East, and reaching the Missouri River (possibly the Rockies).  Chinese invading the West, reaching the Sierras.

Most see a series of three or four huge earthquakes strike the Intermountain West, in a matter of weeks.  After the third, a massive river flows from eastern Idaho down the Wasatch front (through what is now Ogden, SLC, and Provo) all the way to Cedar City.  Provo is reported to be under about 700 ft of water.

My understanding, not through revelation, is that there will be an exodus.  Messengers or angels come to specific people and call them on the exodus.  It lasts for 3 ½ years.  During this time, the Antichrist (or the Assyrian King of Isaiah) rules the world from (probably) Jackson County.  The exodus is led by the Davidic King or Davidic Servant.  At the end of the exodus, all the people who went on it are Terrestial beings, and they, along with the Davidic King, defeat the Assyrian King, liberating Jackson County, and establishing the New Jerusalem.

I have pondered these things quite a lot.  While pondering them, I have received what I believe is inspiration.  I believe that I will NOT be on the Exodus, but will rather, if I am ready and worthy, serve in a city of refuge, where those who can flee the Assyrian King have a measure of safety.

I can't stress enough that much of this scenario, much of my understanding of it, comes not from scripture, but from a variety of sources.  The Assyrian King, the Davidic King, and the Exodus, all come from Isaiah.  Most of the rest of it comes from the dreams and visions of a variety of people, not all of whom are members of the Church.

NightHawk

27th Aug, 2003 - 1:42am / Post ID: #

Exodus Days Last

Nighthawlk, wow what a piece of information! Why you was avoiding all this?. I find the information irresistible and definetly I will research more about it! Any links you can provide to read more about it? I'm very interested in reading more about this Exodus and the future of the USA.

27th Aug, 2003 - 2:05am / Post ID: #

Exodus Days Last

The best place to start is with Avraham Gileadi's books on Isaiah.  I have The Literary Message of Isaiah and Isaiah Decoded.  The Literary book contains his full new translation of Isaiah, which Hugh Nibley, as well as a host of non-Mormon scholars, claims is the best translation and presentation of Isaiah anywhere.  Isaiah Decoded is very explanatory.  Both are incredibly deep.

Robert Smith, in The Last Days Unsealed explains a lot more, based on his further study of the other OT prophets, using the keys that Bro. Gileadi prepared.

If you want to read what other people have seen in visions and dreams, I can possibly guide you to some resources, but I would prefer to do that privately, not on a public board.

NightHawk

27th Aug, 2003 - 2:20am / Post ID: #

Last Days Exodus

If you want to read what other people have seen in visions and dreams, I can possibly guide you to some resources, but I would prefer to do that privately, not on a public board.

Please send me a private message. Just click on my name to see my profile and in the bottom of my profile you will see 'Send this member a private message' click there and write your message. Thanks!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th Aug, 2003 - 11:39am / Post ID: #

Last Days Exodus

Well actually, didn't Brigham say New York will be burned by fire and California drowned in the ocean? Unfortunately I still need to get the CD with all the JDs on it Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr wink.gif

27th Aug, 2003 - 5:54pm / Post ID: #

Last Days Exodus Mormon Doctrine Studies

I don't remember who stated it, but the only really definitive statement made by any of the prophets had to do with NYC, Boston, and Albany.  I have read it several times, it is in The Coming of the Lord by Gerald Lund and in Prophecy: Key to the Future by Duane Crowther.

I have not seen any predictive prophecy by any of the Prophets since John Taylor about any part of the US, or any specific part of the world, for that matter.

NightHawk

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »

> TOPIC: Last Days Exodus

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,