Anything is better than this world

Anything World - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 25th Nov, 2003 - 7:13pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
25th Jan, 2003 - 4:37pm / Post ID: #

Joseph Smith, after looking into a vision of the Telestial Glory said the he longed to be there because it was so much better than here. Its not that Joseph wanted that as his next resting place, but our Father's reward is grand and better than this world.

Now, think of the Celestial Kingdom , how exciting it will be there. How do you imagine the Celestial Kingdom, Terrsetial Kingdom, etc? What will life be like on each? What will be our daily tasks?

You may say, well why worry about it now, but thinking about our treasure in Heaven will help us to work towards it now. How do you see your future treasure?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 29th Jan, 2003 - 4:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

world than is Anything

I expect to have the treasure of the celestial kingdom, on the condition that I continue to remain faithful and obedient to God and his commandments

Post Date: 11th Feb, 2003 - 3:23am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Anything is better than this world Studies Doctrine Mormon

Along with the Prophet Joseph Smith, there must be so many who are of the same emotion, that they would much rather be in the pleasant world to come. This is so reasonable to say, in regard to so much sorrow, inequity, suffering and pain, and this shared, too, by Joseph Smith with the so many who share his longing for the beautiful world.  However, we can well remember that those who inherit the telestial world must needs pay the price of, potentially, an extended time of waiting before receiving our resurrection. *** Nevertheless, certainly there is the very fact that we, too, must do as did the Prophet of the Restoration, and as he whose name we bear, for this is what we always wanted to do, to take advantage of our invested time and energy, whilst here within the framework of mortality, that we may sow unto our own satisfaction and joy; that we may take advantage of eternal law and precept for the purpose of our very being: that we "might have joy". But certainly there is an irony in this, in that our very strength is our joy, and also that mortality has taken its toll upon the happiness of mankind...in the same way that did the pre-mortal struggle for our free agency. - Ted J. Maybury

Post Date: 11th Feb, 2003 - 3:38am / Post ID: #

A Friend

world than is Anything

[table] [tr][td] Your Religion: [/td][td] L. D. S. [/td][/tr][tr][td] Years a Member: [/td][td] Since 1972 [/td][/tr] [tr][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr] [/table]
I forgot to say, within my first reply to this very truthful projection, that I did read, in one of the very good books, that those who have gone beyond the veil do envy their opportunity which they had as mortals to further their righteousness. They sooner understand that, indeed, it was not just poetry, or a nice Sunday school lesson that "righteousness is the basis of our joy", and "Man is, that he might have joy".  - Ted J. Maybury :-/

11th Feb, 2003 - 10:12am / Post ID: #

world than is Anything

[quote]I forgot to say, within my first reply to this very truthful projection, that I did read, in one of the very good books, that those who have gone beyond the veil do envy their opportunity which they had as mortals to further their righteousness. They sooner understand that, indeed, it was not just poetry, or a nice Sunday school lesson that "righteousness is the basis of our joy", and "Man is, that he might have joy".  [/quote]
That's so true. Sometimes we take for granted the opportunity that Heavenly Father gives us to be tested on this Earth. If we think about it, we have so MUCH TIME! to make ourselves worthy and live a righteous life. But we waste so much time in things that only bring us temporal 'joy' and we don't see the whole picture.
I imagine the Celestial Kingdom as a place where all is peace and happiness, a place where I can be with my Heavenly Father, a reward after all my hard work...a place of rest. A place where you will be with your family and loved ones...a place where I definetly want to go to...

Post Date: 12th Feb, 2003 - 6:40am / Post ID: #

A Friend

[table] [tr][td] Your Religion: [/td][td] L. D. S. [/td][/tr][tr][td] Years a Member: [/td][td] 30+ [/td][/tr] [tr][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr] [/table]
Dear Jean, What a most excellent relpy, to my excerpt on one of the main #1 reasons we are here, right now - "MUCH TIME" - - You even underlined it! Wow. - Ted

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th Feb, 2003 - 10:09am / Post ID: #

Anything is than world

[quote]Dear Jean, What a most excellent relpy, to my excerpt on one of the main #1 reasons we are here, right now - "MUCH TIME" - - You even underlined it! Wow. - Ted [/quote]

You have to thank LDS_forever not me Ted smile.gif She wrote that reply.

Also, thanks so much for your input into the forum, there are loads of threads here with deep doctrine in it. We would like to see your responses to those too.

By the way, fill out your profile so that the frog and the 'I'm New' statements disappear.

25th Nov, 2003 - 7:13pm / Post ID: #

Anything is than world Mormon Doctrine Studies

The only kingdom I have really spent any time reflecting upon is the Celestial Kingdom. This is my goal so I try not to think about the others.

I imagine it as a place full of peace and leisure. A place where I can do all the wonderfully fun things I enjoy here but whenever I want. No cares about how to pay the mortgage or buy food, for example. Just plenty of time for golf and motorcycling. biggrin.gif

I believe that the Telestial Kingdom will be much like earth life is today and the Terrestrial Kingdom will be better than the Telestial but not as good as the Celestial.

Offtopic but,
the "show all" link under the smilies doesn't seem to be working properly today.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Anything is better than this world

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,