Transportation Security Administration - TSA - Page 3 of 15

I have been patted down and done the scanner - Page 3 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 26th Nov, 2010 - 12:38am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (15) »
Airport Body Search
U.S.A. Body Scanners - Pat Down - Security Checks
Post Date: 22nd Nov, 2010 - 9:40pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Transportation Security Administration - TSA - Page 3

TSA saga: What's wrong with this story?

More stories and more attention keeping piling in on the new TSA security policies. The latest is a video making the rounds of a young boy being forced to take his shirt off and get frisked before getting through security. But a new poll shows that 81% don't really care about the pat-down policy, and MSNBC is covering this story as if it George W. Bush were back in office. Is MSNBC really being consistent for once? Or is it something else? Ref. Source 8

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 22nd Nov, 2010 - 11:06pm / Post ID: #

TSA Administration Security Transportation

Gun crusader strips down in front of TSA, hauled out of San Diego airport

San Diego open-carry gun crusader Sam Wolanyk has taken off time from packing heat to packing, well, not much at all apparently. Wolanyk entered San Diego International Airport on Friday night and declined to go through the full-body scanner. And rather than submit to a pat down, he stripped down -- to his Calvin Klein shorts. Ref. Source 2

Post Date: 23rd Nov, 2010 - 10:30pm / Post ID: #

Transportation Security Administration - TSA Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Invasive body searches reconsidered

US authorities will reconsider airline passenger screening procedures that have caused a public uproar on the eve of the busy holiday travel season, the country's top transport security official says. Ref. Source 9

Post Date: 24th Nov, 2010 - 4:01am / Post ID: #

Transportation Security Administration - TSA
A Friend

Page 3 TSA Administration Security Transportation

I want to know why all of a sudden the are thinking of reconsidering these invasive searches. I thought a few days ago they said these were something that one faced if they decided that they would not go through the full body scanner. That it was necessary to prevent terroristic type threats. Now they are saying they are not that necessary.

I like a comment a person said to me the other day. When approaching the TSA check point make sure to remove your shoes and place them in a bin. Then remove your lap top and place it in another bin. Make sure to remove all metal and electronics and place them in a bin before stepping up the the scanners. Right before you go thru the scanners or the metal detector make sure you throw your fourth amendment right to unlawful searches and seizures in the trash can next to you.

Post Date: 24th Nov, 2010 - 2:50pm / Post ID: #

TSA Administration Security Transportation

Don't touch my junk: TSA workers face a tough job

TAMPA, Fla. - They've been called molesters, threatened with violence and ordered not to touch "my junk."

One woman headbutted a TSA officer who was searching her laptop. Other screeners report being punched, kicked and shoved during pat-downs. Security officers know the new searches are more invasive but want Thanksgiving travelers to keep in mind they are just doing their jobs to keep people safe. Ref. Source 4

Post Date: 24th Nov, 2010 - 11:46pm / Post ID: #

Transportation Security Administration - TSA

TSA controversy a union ploy?

Remember when the progressive left complained non-stop about warrantless wiretaps and the Patriot Act? It seems they no longer fear government overreaches because the same people who were screaming are now cheering on the new TSA procedures. One possible reason? The TSA recently won the right to unionize, and the AFL-CIO is running to the defense of TSA agents who are getting lots of heat. Was this a ploy by the unions? Ref. Source 9

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 24th Nov, 2010 - 11:46pm / Post ID: #

Transportation Security Administration TSA - Page 3

TSA 'men in black' intimidate man who took video of pat down

Glenn spoke today with the traveler who captured the video of TSA patting down a shirtless boy. Even more shocking than the video itself is the fact that, according to the caller, a 'man in a black suit' approached him and attempted to get him to delete the video. Fortunately the caller did not back down and America got to see what is actually going on. But now, the TSA is claiming that the story is untrue. Ref. Source 5

26th Nov, 2010 - 12:38am / Post ID: #

Transportation Security Administration TSA Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 3

I have been patted down and done the scanner thing and honestly I wasnt horrified by the experience, but at the same time it wasnt a trip to Disney Land either. However, the US Public has to decide if it wants to more guarantee a safe flight or live with what was the status quo, but we really cannot have it both ways. The government is really in a catch 22 situation. If they keep the status quo and there is a successful bomber, everyone will be crying why wasnt this available technology used and you know that the media will be all over presenting that fact to you. If they employ the new technology, we complain that it is too much and worse off...some people are exempt from it if they pull the religious card.

What I most disagree with is the random sampling. While it is the fairest method to employ, it is more likely to let a terrorist through as we are searching 5yr olds as opposed to profiling. Now, having said that, there was recently a chinese guy that hops on a Air Canda flight in a old person disguise and gets through without anyone noticing he is wearing a fake face until there is a photo check before and after...

Source 8

Now, he wasnt apparently a terrorist...but he could have been and that would have been pretty clever. If this is set in stone, I don't want anyone to be able to opt out of it for religious reasons or anything else.

This has all come about from the Patriot Act. It really should be a concern that the people implementing the Patriot Act are the same ones that basically oversee the operation and govern the Patriot Act.

Basically, I am not thrilled with the scanner and the pat-down, but if the metal detector gets all people then I think if we are to use the scanner it should be next in line after the metal detector...everyone gets it...and no pat-downs unless you fail either of the test.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (15) »

> TOPIC: Transportation Security Administration - TSA

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,