Not Being Social In The Mormon Church

Not Social Mormon Church - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 24th Sep, 2014 - 5:43pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

8th Sep, 2014 - 10:33am / Post ID: #

There are people who just do not feel comfortable socializing with others for a number of reasons. Is it a sin not to want to mingle with your brothers and sisters in the ward?

Sponsored Links:
8th Sep, 2014 - 2:43pm / Post ID: #

Church Mormon The Social Not

Of course not. How could it be a sin? There are many people who suffer some sort of condition such as Aspergers and they don't enjoy large crowds, they're not sinful in any way.

9th Sep, 2014 - 4:57pm / Post ID: #

Not Being Social In The Mormon Church Studies Doctrine Mormon

Sin? Not at all! How can it be? What commandment are they breaking? People have different personalities and you never know the reasons for their behavior.

10th Sep, 2014 - 2:45pm / Post ID: #

I don't consider myself a social person (By choice in some instances). I don't think is a sin as long as I am respectful and polite to others.

11th Sep, 2014 - 12:28am / Post ID: #

I think it could be a sin if the reason for not being social is because we believe we're better than our brothers and sisters in the church (Pride) and that's in itself IS a sin

Post Date: 11th Sep, 2014 - 1:29am / Post ID: #

Name: Thebestsun

Comments: I don't think that it is a sin at all in and of itself though I think it could possibly lead to sin. For example depending upon our reasons and circumstances of course but I think if we are not being social and involved it can just be an example maybe that we are too concerned with self and not concerned with helping and serving others. I am in no way saying that is always the case but that well, its something to think about. I am always making sure to figure out what my true motives are and if I am just making excuses and being lazy vs legitimate reasons. And sometimes I find my true motives are just hidden behind justifications and rationalizations. Thats just me. But I seem to always feel that I could be doing more for others so thats just a personal assessment.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
11th Sep, 2014 - 2:22pm / Post ID: #

Not Social The Mormon Church

Thebestsun, the thing is some of us are just not social creatures in the "Real" world so to speak. I mean...I'm not talking about being anti-social or anything but we struggle or aren't interested in making friends. I know every person have different needs. I find myself being able to give service to others without having them hanging out in my home or be their buddies. Makes sense?

24th Sep, 2014 - 5:43pm / Post ID: #

Not Social The Mormon Church Mormon Doctrine Studies

You should be able to socialize or not without being looked down on and no its not a s in but people do like to be sociable and when you're not they look at you like if something is wrong.

> TOPIC: Not Being Social In The Mormon Church

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,