Mormon Beliefs About Aliens - Page 5 of 6

The point of having faith in OUR Father in - Page 5 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 26th Jul, 2014 - 1:34pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Are Mormons Aliens Other Planets have Aliens? Do they visit us? What Image Have They Been Created By? Are they little green men or just like us? What do Mormons believe about Aliens from other planets?
Post Date: 13th Sep, 2010 - 1:51am / Post ID: #

Mormon Beliefs About Aliens
A Friend

Mormon Beliefs About Aliens - Page 5

readypioneer said:

international QUOTE
There is nothing prohibiting the visit of other beings from other universes. While all persons pertaining to this universe must be human, why cannot others pass through?

Probably for the same reason that no one could pass through to the Americas: the aliens would want to stay here! Read:
international QUOTE

Wherefore, I Lehi, prophesy...that there shall none come into this land save they shall be brought by the hand of the Lord.  Wherefore, this land is consecrated unto him whom he shall bring... Behold, it is wisdom that this land should be kept as yet from the knowledge of other nations, for behold, many nations would overrun the land....

I believe, after all, that a common theme of Hollywood sci-fi is that the aliens want our earth.

Also, Hugh Nibley wrote:
international QUOTE
Not only is God rendered invisible by the impenetrable veil of light that surrounds him,  but he has purposely "placed veils between the worlds," that all treasures may be hid from those who do not seek them in the proper way.  On the other side of the veil of the temple lay "the secrets of heaven," the celestial spaces which know no bounds, and all that they contain. The wilon (veil) quarantines this polluted world mercifully from the rest. "Beyond the veil are the heavens,"  and that goes for other worlds as well as this one, for each is shut off by its veil, for there are aeons and veils and firmaments: "He made a veil for their worlds, surrounding them like a wall.- Nibley Hugh, Nibley on the Timely and the Timeles, Treasures in the Heavens

It may be argued, that the veil exists only between our world, and worlds more advanced than ours. Still, it confirms that they do not pass through. There is a better quote from him, I"ll keep looking for it.

ready pioneer also said:
international QUOTE
Many people who see spirits are told that they are crazy or hallucinating, why should we treat those who see extraterrestrials the same?

I recommend you read "Aliens and UFO's Messengers or Deceivers?" by Thompson, I believe. It is very convincing that aliens and evil spirits are one and the same.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 13th Sep, 2010 - 2:20am / Post ID: #

Aliens Beliefs Mormon

Name: SunnyC

Comments: If aliens are evil spirits then why would their not be a veil over them? We don't go around our daily lives seeing evil spirits so why if we did would they be aliens? I've read description of evil spirits and they don't look like aliens they look like angry regular people.

Post Date: 9th Oct, 2011 - 2:07am / Post ID: #

Mormon Beliefs About Aliens Studies Doctrine Mormon

Neal A. Maxwell on people being on other planets:

Post Date: 23rd Jul, 2014 - 12:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 5 Aliens Beliefs Mormon

If other beings do exist I suppose they would be another creation of heavenly father and would be subject to whatever covenants they had made with them.

Post Date: 23rd Jul, 2014 - 6:16pm / Post ID: #

Aliens Beliefs Mormon

Name: Pioneer

Comments: This is something I'm not certain about. Didn't Joseph Smith say there were people living on the moon?

24th Jul, 2014 - 8:18pm / Post ID: #

EAG, we have to assume that others would following the SAME plan of salvation. Even more we assume they would be created in the image of God (Thus look the same).

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 25th Jul, 2014 - 7:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Mormon Beliefs Aliens - Page 5

Why would aliens from other planets have to follow the same plan and look the same?

26th Jul, 2014 - 1:34pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Beliefs Aliens Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 5

The point of having faith in OUR Father in heaven is because 1. He Followed a plan of salvation to some degree that allowed him to become God. (He knows what he is doing, and thus we can turn to him for help) 2. God knows all, and would know that there isn't a better way to save his children. If there was a better way, then why doesn't God do it? Or why didn't God know about it?

This means the plan of salvation that our our Heavenly Father came up with, is the same Plan of Salvation that has always been used. You can't make it any better.

Part of the Plan of Salvation is 1. A Spiritual Creation. That this earth and everything on it was created spiritually. 2. Man is created in the image of God.

So the only way to ever have some strange alien race would be that at some point in time there was an Alien God. And that Alien God created people in his image. That goes down a path that doesn't fit.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Mormon Beliefs About Aliens

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,