Mormon Beliefs About Aliens - Page 2 of 6

I never heard such claim. I tried to search - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 23rd May, 2010 - 12:46am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Are Mormons Aliens Other Planets have Aliens? Do they visit us? What Image Have They Been Created By? Are they little green men or just like us? What do Mormons believe about Aliens from other planets?
3rd Jan, 2007 - 10:21pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Beliefs About Aliens - Page 2

I remember that quote and I believe that it was in the context of other humans like ourselves, subject to our God and our plan of salvation.

Sponsored Links:
4th Jan, 2007 - 12:24am / Post ID: #

Aliens Beliefs Mormon

QUOTE (ReadyPioneer)
There is nothing prohibiting the visit of other beings from other universes.

Unless you have source material to back that up please add "In my opinion...". because that is all it is until you can prove otherwise.

4th Jan, 2007 - 3:32am / Post ID: #

Mormon Beliefs About Aliens Studies Doctrine Mormon

The assumption is, that it is my opinion. There are almost no absolutes, even with source material. Hugh Nibley often discounted certain "absolutes" such as there were no other people on the other when Adam arrived. The truth is that we know very few absolutes. A subject like aliens from other planets cannot be taken so seriously as very, very little is known on the subject.

4th Jan, 2007 - 10:47am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Aliens Beliefs Mormon

QUOTE (Readypioneer)
The assumption is, that it is my opinion.

Assumptions is bad footing - sandy foundation and a start to misunderstanding. This is a Constructive Community - each message should be written in such a way to eliminate it if at all possible.

Readypioneer, we have a system, a way of posting here that requires the use of "In my opinion", why? When people come here and read they may be gullible enough to accept your opinion as Doctrine. There are also non-members that read it and accept it as "this is what the LDS believe".

A subject like aliens from other planets cannot be taken so seriously as very, very little is known on the subject.

Maybe not for you, but for others it may be important, and so if you are going to reply do so with some kind of Constructive input.

Please read the Read Me Thread within this Board.

Post Date: 11th Apr, 2007 - 1:19am / Post ID: #

Mormon Beliefs About Aliens
A Friend

Aliens Beliefs Mormon

I don't know about the rest of you, but I was SERIOUSLY disheartened when I read Joseph Smith stating that other worlds and ours cannot communicate with one another. I'm an avid Sci-Fi nut and I always fantasize about traveling on a starship in a Federation type Universe and meeting other people from other worlds, alas, I know it will never be.

Why, when we have free will can't we, or they, visit one another? In my opinion, it is because it would take away from our learning experiences in this estate here on our world. How? Because other people from other worlds in other Universes may be farther in their growth than we are. What if they came here and told us the "secrets" of life and the Universe? Wouldn't that effect (or affect--never can remember the difference) our growth here? We would know things that would affect (effect?) our learning process.

And lastly, even if there were "aliens from other worlds", God made ALL man in His image. So I don't see any little green men showing up.

Again, just my opinion. Peace!

Post Date: 18th Nov, 2008 - 1:58am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I think that if someone is looking for an alien then they need look no further than the mirror. Adam came from one planet and Eve came from another (Brigham said that somewhere).

Also God told Adam and Eve to go forth and replenish the earth. Replenish as in restock. Were there other people that inhabited this planet before Adam fell? I think that there were. And I think they were here when they were replenishing. Other Humanoid aliens no doubt.

We always think of little grey men when we think of aliens. The real aliens look like us.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd May, 2010 - 12:09am / Post ID: #

Mormon Beliefs Aliens - Page 2

Earlier in this Thread I made this statement in 2002 when sources were regrettably not a strict rule at the time:

international QUOTE (JB)
but Joseph once said something like... There are other planets with life, people like us, they are our brothers and sisters, but we are not allowed communication with them or they with us...

However, I have to wonder if I am not saying that correctly. Did Joseph say this or something similar to this?

23rd May, 2010 - 12:46am / Post ID: #

Mormon Beliefs Aliens Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 2

I never heard such claim. I tried to search about it several times and ended up empty handed. I think (for the contrary) he has made several statements about aliens living in other places such as sun and the moon.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Mormon Beliefs About Aliens

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,