Torture - The Art Of Forced Information Extraction - Page 2 of 4

[quote]You have convinced me, but I am not - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 20th Oct, 2003 - 5:55pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
  Torture,Art Forced Information Extraction Is torture effective or a means for enemies to vent frustration. Can there be other types of torture that may be more effective than physical abuse?
17th Oct, 2003 - 6:56pm / Post ID: #

Torture - The Art Of Forced Information Extraction - Page 2

international QUOTE
I personally do not think they used lack of sleep or thirst or hunger with the suspects of terrorist attacks....they use other...hm how to put 'unconventional' methods of torture. sad.gif

Noo! Really. Well, we will never know for sure, because no one is ever going to admit to it. I am not sure how I feel about that type of torture. A part of me feels that if it works and saves lives then do it, but if it doesn't work part of me still feels like so what, they are evil and deserve it. However, I don't think I really feel that way, that is just my anger towards what they have done coming out. Truth is, when you torture someone, how do you know for sure they have any valid information to give you? If they don't then they are innocent and don't deserve to be tortured. How do you know or not before you torture them, so, I don't know what to think! ?

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

Sponsored Links:
17th Oct, 2003 - 7:23pm / Post ID: #

Extraction Information Forced Art - Torture

A part of me feels that if it works and saves lives then do it, but if it doesn't work part of me still feels like so what, they are evil and deserve it

Well we are starting to see a different side of you... maybe this is the boot camp side? wink.gif

How do you know or not before you torture them, sooooo, I don't know what to think!

Well I would suspect there would be probable cause, I do not think it is a random affair.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

17th Oct, 2003 - 7:30pm / Post ID: #

Torture - The Art Of Forced Information Extraction History & Civil Business Politics

international QUOTE
Well we are starting to see a different side of you... Maybe this is the boot camp side?

Definitively my NOT Christian side! smile.gif

international QUOTE

Well I would suspect there would be probable cause, I do not think it is a random affair.

But even with probable cause it is still possible the suspicion is wrong and they don't really have the information. In that case an innocent person has been tortured.  I am sure it probably happens, but the thought is not a pretty one.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

17th Oct, 2003 - 7:41pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Extraction Information Forced Art - Torture

Well that is why the whole procedure is questionable. Who decides if someone should be tortured or not? It certainly is not a court of law, so then who?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

17th Oct, 2003 - 7:58pm / Post ID: #

Extraction Information Forced Art - Torture

I know, that is why this is really such a tough question.  At first "blush" we might say no because of exactly the reasons mentioned previously, or we might be like me and say yes for the other reasons mentioned.  But, then, if we really dig deeper, it gets way more complicated.  

We have already talked about innocent people ending up tortured, so maybe the answer should be no.  However, what if it was my close relative that was going to die in the next attack and the only way to find the details necessary to stop it was through torture.  Would I care then how and who makes the decision for whom to torture.  Probably not, but is this the "correct" position to take from a humanity view?   I don't know, but it has got me thinking. ???

17th Oct, 2003 - 11:09pm / Post ID: #

Torture - The Art Of Forced Information Extraction

This thread is very difficult to answer with a yes or no answer huh? smile.gif but we must all agree that tortune is NOT a right method, whether it maybe useful or not in certain circumnstances it doesn't make it right.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
20th Oct, 2003 - 3:13pm / Post ID: #

Torture - Art Forced Information Extraction - Page 2

Unfortunately, LDS, I have to agree with you.  I don't want to, because my instinct is to do whatever it takes to get the answers we need from terrorists or others in order to save lives.  You are correct though, it is NOT "right."  At least in my opinion.  You have convinced me, but I am not happy about it. :'(

20th Oct, 2003 - 5:55pm / Post ID: #

Torture - Art Forced Information Extraction Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

[quote]You have convinced me, but I am not happy about it.[/quote]

Oh what are you not happy about?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Torture - The Art Of Forced Information Extraction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,