[Medieval] Living Night

[medieval] Living Night - World of Medieval PBP RPG - Posted: 1st Oct, 2003 - 11:42pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Closed
12th Sep, 2003 - 1:27pm / Post ID: #

[Medieval] Living Night

The Game Master says...

SCENARIO:  'Living Night'
GAME NUMBER: IV

Of recent many villagers within the outskirts of the Village have noticed their wildstock being scared, bitten, clawed and taken away in a most horrifying manner. Many are too scared to see what it is, no one is willing to 'camp' at night, they are willing to pay anyone that is willing to risk life and limb to rid the Village of whatever it is that lives in the night.

GM: Form a party, when you are ready. The leader needs to post party order. From there the story will continue on September 15th, 2003

Sponsored Links:
16th Sep, 2003 - 12:22pm / Post ID: #

Night Living Medieval

The Game Master says...

The market is almost the best place to plan... casual, free and you are able to meet new blood. After some quick planning you come up with the following concept to your undertakings;

Name of Leader: myst  
Name of Second Leader: liete  
Scenario: Living Night
Names of Players: myst, wraight, medusa, liete, molave  
Who will be in the lead: myst  
Who will be in the lead 2nd: liete  
Who will be in the rear: medusa  
Who will be in the rear 2nd: wraight  
Who will negotiate for the party: myst  
When in an open field what will be your formation: spread out  
When in camp who will stay awake, 1st, 2nd, etc: same order like above  
In a dangerous situation who will disarm traps: molave  
Who will react first to attack: myst  
If the leader becomes inactive in the forum who will take over: liete  
How long does the leader have to be inactive on the forum before someone takes over: (be specific)   two days  

Now time is passing by quickly and you rather be prepared for what may come soon as night falls. A decision to visit the bar is agreed upon and you all travel there to sit and listen to possible gossip.

The Bar

The bar is pretty quiet, it is usually more noisy at night when the day's work is finished. You seat yourself at a table large enough for the group. A servant comes to your table...

"What shall I get ye weary travellers?"

GM: Be specific as to what you want to do in the bar, what you will ask, what 'expense' you are willing to go through to get the info, etc.

17th Sep, 2003 - 10:43am / Post ID: #

[Medieval] Living Night RPG PBP Medieval World

The Game Master says...

You order some drinks and share where possible. The most non-alcoholic they have is simple juice. At the same time you ask the servant about the recent killings to which she responds while placing her tray at her side and one hand on her hip,

"Hmmmm, I do recall some of the farmers in here making a big deal about it. What it be to ye folks?"

Liete then places a gold piece on the table. The servant shifts her position to that of leaning over the table and says,

"I hear that it is some large creature of the night. Most around here are too cowardly, to do anything about it (she rolls her eyes), most are of old age and far gone in years, they just want to be at peace (she rolls her eyes again), I wish I could get some of the peace around here and have them stop teasing me when they come here. (She then stands up straight) If you check Mister Smith at the the border of the Village to the East he will give you the rest of information."

Using the table you are seated at as a map she then takes your mugs and makes a map out of it showing you how to get to Mister Smith's place from your current position. She then leaves to see about her other chores.

Your ale and juice 'hits the spot' and you feel good, your stomach starts to grumble a bit, but you can wait if needs be.

GM: Your move.

18th Sep, 2003 - 12:03pm / Post ID: #

Night Living Medieval

The Game Master says...

After finishing your drinks you make your way out to the bar and head towards ht home of Mister Smith. The house is in a farming district where most of the other farmers and wild stock producers of the Village live. His land is pretty big and has many barns, pens and other enclosures. You approach his front door and knock...

The Farm

The Lady of the house and wife of Mister Smith opens, you explain your interest in the recent attacks and she beckons you to come in. You are seated in the dining area of what seems to be a large but simple home. Mister Smith, who is out working has just hear of your arrival is cleaning himself to meet you. While waiting Mrs. Smith gestures some bread and sop while you wait, this is great since your stomach growls of hunger.

Mister Smith, an aged man, but built like an ox walks with a limp. He is now seated before you. He looks you over and then says...

"Welcome to my humble abode, we here be of the farming variety and quite nimble at what we do, but of recent I have been sore afraid for my animals and even the lives of our families. I do not know what it is, but something comes at night and takes our chickens, ducks and even one time a whole cow!"

He then pauses and leans forward over the table...

"Can you handle it? All I have is five gold pieces to spare, but I am sure I can get some of the other farmers to put up if you rid us of this ghost of the night"

GM: Respond to Mister Smith, also ask specific questions of him now as you will not have an opportunity to later.

20th Sep, 2003 - 8:12pm / Post ID: #

Night Living Medieval

The Game Master says...

GM: I have only listed the answers for sanity's sake wink.gif

- I will see how much gold I can raise, no promises.
- You can use my barn, no problem.
- The attacks range from once a night to twice a night, but not always in the same place. I have a feeling I am next though because its been about a week since I have had an attack by 'it'.
- Yes, the attacks are gruesome, but fast, so we can never see what it is.
- 'It' has never attacked anyone to my knowledge, I hope 'it' doesn't.
- The only remains are either the blood of the animal or its remains.
- I think 'it' comes out of the forest, but always at night.
- During the day we try to look for blood trails but all it does is lead into the forest and disappears.
- Dragon? (he starts laughing) Nah, we haven't had that in eons, plus you people would not be able to handle it if it were a dragon.
- You can make a stake out from the barn, but make sure you have no light lit since it does not come where there is light.
- Our livestock is gone, we get up in the morning, make a count and see that something is missing, sometimes we do not have to count because we can see the carcass or remains of the animal. 'It' takes chickens, cows, ducks, just about whatever we have.
- No footsteps, the plains are too grassy for that, plus it is hard to tell between the animals running around and ours, but you are welcome to look.
- The only thing we know is that whatever 'it' is... it has big claws!

GM: You are now invited to tell the farmer your plan. Also say what you will do.

25th Sep, 2003 - 10:02am / Post ID: #

[Medieval] Living Night

The Game Master says...

While the farmer, Mister Smith, looks at you intently, all of you discuss the current answers and what more you would like to know. He answers as follows:

- Yes I have a hayloft, it is a typical barn, you are welcomed to check it out if you like.
- Map of my area? Never did need one? Um, (he looks around) I guess you can draw one yourself if you like (then he raises an eyebrow) what would you need a map for?
- Well I guess I can get about 30 gold pieces total? Will that be enough for your services?

He then finishes up by saying,

"Make use of my barn and whatever else you need around, just do not use my animals as bait! I have to get back to my work, lots to do in this here place."

Mister Smith gets up and goes out the door into the yard and starts working as though he has big bills to pay. Form observance you realie that these farmers are not wealthy and live on meager means. Their gold to you will be a sacrifice indeed. You do not know if to call this a charitable cause and not take the gold, but then again you need it badly as the farmers do. You stop day dreaming of chivalry and continue your conversation with the group while venturing around to see your surroundings.

Liete says, "I agree with Wraith about watching from the hayloft. I agree with Medusa about planning carefully as to what we are going to do.  I wonder if there are any more of those beasts around.  This beast may hunting these animals to feed it's young.  Which would be horrible if there were more of them."

Liete clibs the loft... a good vantage position indeed, but only one angle of the forest and grounds can be seen from this point. Wraith follows behind Liete.

Wraith says, "I think we should have a safe good vantage point like the hayloft. I am not for running in when we don't know what we are dealing with, I think some kind of trap would be our best bet opposed to hand to claw combat but we do have 2 herbalists that could take care of any wounds. It would be dangerous but maybe we could follow it back to its lair then kill it when it falls asleep. Just some thoughts."

Wraith see several open areas to make traps, but considers the type?

Medusa says, "Let's make a plan on how we are going to catch this beast. I think that first of all we should observe and see what is the cause of all these dead animals and then when we know how big and strong it is, we should carefully plan how to get rid of it. I don't think we should do it all at the same time."

Medusa looks at a broken fence caused by 'it', whatever it was... it was very strong.

Molave says, "So it looks like we are maybe hunting a dragon. The old guy may be right, are we up to taking on a dragon? Maybe we should try a cow first and slowly work up to dragons... Well, um yeah... No offence Medusa, but I think our first priority should be survival... not that money is bad or anything, just um hard to spend if you are dead... Although it might not be a dragon it might just be a Roc, and well it is the size of a dragon and has claws like a dragon, I don't think they breathe fire so maybe we might be able to kill it... um, yeah where are those traps you wanted disarmed Myst"

Molave looks towards the sky, nothing unusual. He then looks around. The group gathers. This is what is seen...

Look at the map below. Plan for the night. Be specific with where everyone will be.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
29th Sep, 2003 - 12:53am / Post ID: #

[Medieval] Living Night

The Game Master says...

After some study of your current position in life some of you start to think about the gold. A friendly approach to the farmer gives you this reply,

"You people have not done anything yet and already you are worrying about the gold?!"

He then starts mumbling some unpleasantries and continues his work while saying under his breath...

"We will feed you, but nothing more, let's see the head of whatever 'it' is out there and then you will be rewarded."

You think it unwise to persist in bothering Mister Smith anymore about your low wages.

Wraith thinks to make a trap, but he is unsure.

Molave looks around for herbs that are poisonous and finds quite a few. He is able to tip each arrow in the party for the night with a slow poison .

Liete is not sure where everyone will be during the night and who will watch what.

Medusa says, "I volunteer to check the chickens since they seem like the target, maybe somebody else can give me a hand to check it out, I need to find a near by place around the chickens to hide or maybe build something so when the 'monster' or whatever it is comes around we can observe it without making ourselves noticeable."

GM: You need to plan better and only post a party order that shows a definite plan in what everyone is doing, when and how.

1st Oct, 2003 - 11:42pm / Post ID: #

[Medieval] Living Night World Medieval PBP RPG

The Game Master says...

A plan is agreed upon. Myst decides to stay the night by the chickens, while hoping nothing attacks him so fast that he cannot dash for the bar. Medusa, although also involved in watching the chickens will be nearer to the barn. Liete is going to stay with the lambs. Molave then goes for a more specific approach as he describes,

"I will go up into the hayloft overlooking the field so that I can keep a look out and shoot my poisoned arrows at the thing. Mind you it is a slow acting poison so it might take a while to take effect... Medusa, since you and I seem to be the only archers in the group I would suggest that you tip your arrows with my poison, that way we might just kill it even if all we can do is wound it... Who knows this could be the start of a wonderous adventure... And hey, if we can't kill it, but survive we can always leave town... at least our skin will still be attached to our bodies. Molave then takes his cloak and reverses it so the black side is out, then he lifts the cowl and his face seems to disappear inside."

Everyone raises their brow when Wraith decides to dig...

"I would like to dig a pit by myself if needs be where I said like I said before covering it etc. but, I also want to look for herbs of my own to make a goo for the bottom of the pit to slow down the animal maybe we could mix in some left over poison or stronger stuff that hurts it when it breaths, and between that and the poison arrows we should be able to do some damage. I will give Medusa and Liete  backup from the pigs but I think it might be better for us to hang back to let the poison do its work. Molave I wanted to use an animal for bait too but the farmer won't let us. I would also like to find a good stick and try to fashion a spear so I wont have to get so close if I need to I could sharpen the point or try to attach a sharp rock if I have time."

Upon finishing no one says anything and goes their seperate ways. The evening is drawing near. All are in their positions except for Wraith who has not yet decided where to dig his pit. He decides to look for herbs that will make a fast acting poison, but only manages to see those that make a poison similar to the one Molave created earlier. After this a primative spear is made with items laying around the farm.

It is now evening and the two moons above give you good light of the surrounding area, however you do note that the second moon will go behind the Northern horizon soon giving you less light. There is a strong breeze that shakes the trees and keeps some of the animals active, however you do not see any signs of rain coming, or at least you hope not.

The farmer and his family retire to their home, eraly nights and early mornings are ommon with them so they do not intend to wait for whatever you are going to do.

Most of the night passes quietly except for the 'baas' and 'moos and other sounds heard regularly on a farm. Wraith decided he was too tired to dig a pit, his strength not being that much for the job, but he does wonder where he should lay his head.

GM: It is now 9pm. Decide if you will sleep, when, and where Wraith will be.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: [Medieval] Living Night

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,