FAQ - World of Medieval - Page 2 of 3

Q. Someone joined the camp, but have not posted - Page 2 - World of Medieval PBP RPG - Posted: 21st Aug, 2003 - 5:39pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard

+  1 2 3 
Closed
The info here might just be what you are about to ask, so please check here first!
25th Feb, 2003 - 10:45am / Post ID: #

FAQ - World of Medieval - Page 2

The Game Master says...

Q. I am confused as to whom I control in the game. For instance, if I buy a dog, then I control what the dog does, right?
A. Basically the only thing you can control in the game is your character, but you can influence the decision of others. Sounds confusing? Let me explain in greater detail.

Your character: You can make decisions for your character only, but even those decisions are affected by your character's mind, body, and soul. An example of this; You mays say to the GM that you want your character to figure out a riddle, but your character might have so little 'mind' that the GM says, "your character cannot figure it out because it is too complexed for him". Conversely, your character may be very bright in soul and you say that you want your character to walkup to a town guard and spit on him and the GM will say, "your character just thinks about it, but knows it is not wise, so he continues on his way".

Your Dog or other animal: Although you may purchase an animal it does not mean you can say exactly what that animal will do. If the animal is trained then you have some level of control, but not total. If the animal is wild then only the GM controls it.

Q. Can I say what another character is doing like the GM?
A. No, only the GM knows what is happening to anyone at any given time. The same is true for the environement, atmosphere, people you meet, etc. For instance, a player cannot tell the GM, "I see a bird pass by and try to catch it". Only the GM can tell you if a bird is passing by, as only he knows the environment you are in. To catch the bird you would have to say, "I look to see if there are any birds around and try to catch one".

Sponsored Links:
25th Feb, 2003 - 3:54pm / Post ID: #

Medieval World FAQ

The Game Master says...

Q. Can I express how my character feels?
A. How your character feels is controlled by the GM, but how your character acts or reacts is controlled by you. Remember, you are not your character, you are merely controlling the actions (within reason). An example of this... if your character was walking in the sun all day, the GM may say that your character is feeling dehydrated. This will be an indication to you that you need to take a drink. If the GM says nothing about it then it means your character is handling it normal or okay. It would be incorrect for a user to say, "My character feels thirsty now and looks for a drink".

Q. Suppose I want to know something more about what the GM said in the storyline?
A. In the partyorder thread state that you want to investigate 'x' more carefully. Of course you must be in a position to investigate. Other than that, if the GM does not go into great deal about something it 'usually' means that it is normal, looks normal. or is familiar to the characters, BUT it may not always be the case.

26th Feb, 2003 - 4:31pm / Post ID: #

FAQ - World of Medieval RPG PBP Medieval World

The Game Master says...

Q. Sometimes I see the GM continues the story without the leader placing a message in the Party Order thread, how come?
A. Usually this is done if the players are 'wasting time'. In other words they are deliberating for long periods over simple parts in the game. Example: You stand at a road going left and right. The party deliberates for a long time which way to choose, so the GM continues by saying: "Time passes, 15 minutes gone". If the part continue to takes long to make up their mind the GM may once again resume the story by saying, "An hour is gone, it is dark and you hear the wolves in the distant looking for tonight's dinner."

26th Feb, 2003 - 8:12pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Medieval World FAQ

The Game Master says...

Q. I posted a message in the Medieval board and now it is gone, how come?
A. Make sure you placed it in the correct thread. If you do not place it in the correct board or thread then Admin will move it and may or may not contact you about it.

28th Feb, 2003 - 1:19pm / Post ID: #

Medieval World FAQ

The Game Master says...

Q. Sometimes the GM says I do something in the story that I would not let my character do, how come?
A. The GM only 'handles' your character for three reasons;
 - He is fulfilling your request
 - Your request is not possible because you may not have taken into consideration other factors that the GM will be aware of.
 - Sometimes you are more 'smart' or more 'unwise' than your character and the GM compensates by saying what your character did with his 'limited' or 'superior' abilities
 An example of this; Your character is hungry, but it is not up to the GM to say that you will eat 'x' or 'y', you need to say that, but if your character is 'wise' or 'unwise' will affect how eats and when, and which, etc.

Q. Can individual players decide they will do something different from the party?
A. You can, but the consequences may be tough. For instance the party may not want to involve you next time, or your character will die easily as their is no support or backup. It is wise to stay together - safety in numbers.

3rd Mar, 2003 - 1:26pm / Post ID: #

FAQ - World of Medieval

The Game Master says...

Q. I recently purchased some items but I do not see it under my 'equipment' list in my profile, how come?
A. When you purchase items the record of it is kept by the GM in his notes, he will update your profile at the end of the scenario. You should keep your own active equipment list. You can always verify what you have by emailing the GM to compare your list with his.

Q. Where is the old Party Order Character layout?
A. Medieval Books Old Party Stats

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
17th Apr, 2003 - 12:39pm / Post ID: #

FAQ World Medieval - Page 2

The Game Master says...

Q. Can I play this RPG and the Love & Life Bytes RPG?
A. Only if you make a donation.

Q. Is Mediveal harder to play than Love & Life Bytes?
A. It is not that it is harder to play, but there are more rules. Also Medieval is based on team playing and leadership while Love & Life Bytes is based on everyman for himself.

21st Aug, 2003 - 5:39pm / Post ID: #

FAQ World Medieval World Medieval PBP RPG - Page 2

The Game Master says...

Q. Someone joined the camp, but have not posted since and we are ready to start, what do I do as Party Leader?
A. Well you can first attempt to IM or email the person (if possible). If there is no response and you are in the village then you can decide to leave the player in the Village, then I will take the character to his/her home. If the character is with the group and part of the adventure already in progress then the GM will handle it, but you need to let me know in party order that no one is responsible for that character.

Q. As Party Leader am I the boss?
A. Well you are the final decision maker only because the party has allowed you to be, remember, they can always take away your leadership if you are causing trouble.

Q. How can we demote a Party Leader?
A. See rules section for more on this.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: FAQ - World of Medieval

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,