Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (14) »
Closed
Medieval GM posts story here. The Village Elders are in need of a small party to check the South East for a mysterious occurrence of large fires that have been happening recently within that area.
1st Jul, 2005 - 10:00pm / Post ID: #

[medieval] Scout

The Game Master says...

Medieval: Scout

The Village Elders are in need of a small party to check the South East for a mysterious occurrence of large fires that have been happening recently within that area.

GM: Those worthy and willing should find themselves prepared and post in the Camp thread within this Board.

Sponsored Links:
21st Jul, 2005 - 6:07pm / Post ID: #

Scout medieval

The Game Master says...

It is early in the morn and the man on the Village Watch Tower asks for those ready to be dispatched on the Elder's service to be at the East side of the Market place where instructions will be given and terms agreed upon. He adds.

"If thou art willing then bring thy equipment, horse and ensure thy rations for at least seven night's journey."

GM: Party order needs to be posted (at least what you will be doing in the Village for now) and any actions given by today or the GM will take action.

22nd Jul, 2005 - 5:20pm / Post ID: #

[medieval] Scout RPG PBP Medieval World

The Game Master says...

You stand around watching the people as they go by, the Market is particularly busy today. Some kids pass by you waving as one stumbles on your sword.

GM: Party Stats have been updated.

23rd Jul, 2005 - 1:43am / Post ID: #

Scout medieval

The Game Master says...

Ice makes a couple of purchases in the market and notices 5 gps missing. She learns to be more guarded as her companion also notices the same amount missing. You think to yourself. 'Darn children!' as you frown and make your way to the East side of the busy Market.

Mission

A stout short well dressed man has a scroll that he reads from. It is some sort of outline about the mission, but he reads it as though it were a proclamation from the King himself. The long and short of the matter rests in you going the opening to the East of Death's Mouth, explore as far South as you can to see if you can ascertain what activity is within this area, then when you have sufficient information return and report. He also points out that they know that there is activity with that region, but they need to know if it is hostile to the Village. He does make a final statement.

"...and be sure to bring back some kind of evidence of thy findings lest we think ye ventured only to the surrounding plains and back."

He then looks around for anyone interested and there are a few, but the prospects of going into unchartered territory is not appealing. You step forward and then he looks up at you with one eye brow raised and twisted mouth,

"Aren't ye part of that group that kept running like cowards from Death's Mouth?"

GM: Say what you will do now.

25th Jul, 2005 - 7:04pm / Post ID: #

Scout medieval

The Game Master says...

Ice draws her sword and points it at the man as she replies,

"I am part of the party that had to flee, but we are not cowards. I have no desire to die, if it can be avoided. I am willing to travel in the area of Death's Mouth to see what we see, but I will not enter Death's Mouth. Don't need to do that, I can tell you they are not friendly. I don't need to get killed to figure that out."

The man's former grin has turned into an open mouth and everyone stands around to see what is going on.

Daphne quickly adds as she raises an eyebrow, looks a bit down to the short guy and says with confidence,

"We are the best warriors of the region. If you send us, you will not regret. I will go with my companion Ice near Death Mouth, as she pointed out, we do not need to go inside there because we know they are hostile and very dangerous but we are ready to go as south as possible and report of every activity going on there."

By the end of Daphne's statement you are surrounded by about twelve soldiers, one of them says,

"Maiden, drop they sword!"

You now think to yourself that drawing your sword at an official may have not been so wise.

26th Jul, 2005 - 7:29pm / Post ID: #

[medieval] Scout

The Game Master says...

Ice puts her sword away rather than actually dropping it, and replies to the soldiers,

"Surely you don't think I mean to harm this man here in front of a bunch of witnesses? I was simply using my sword for emphasis of my point. Not as a threat at all."

The soldiers not having this kind of upfront disobedience to authority then look at each other in amazement.

She then turns to the official and says,

"You might want to be a bit more careful in the future about who you call a coward! Now, do you want us to go on this mission for you or not?"

To which the man yells,

"Arrest them, arrest them, do ye not see they tried to kill me?"

Everyone in the market is now quiet, they are all looking at you, if you were an unknown before this has certainly changed everything. There is tension in the air as you hear one of the soldiers say,

"Ma'am, you will need to come with us, now."

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th Jul, 2005 - 5:38pm / Post ID: #

[medieval] Scout

The Game Master says...

Ice says,

"Now just a minute! I have committed no crime. I did not try to kill anyone. If I had tried, he would be dead. I am a fierce warrior just as you all are. I did not pull my sword in an aggressive manner. I used it as a pointer and to emphasize my point. No different than a teacher with ruler pointing to her lesson on a slate in front of the class. I am a warrior, I drew my sword as emphasis of that fact, not to threaten this man!"

The laughter among the soldiers and the crying rants of the little man saying something about Ice being of the mentally ill variety makes your story unbelievable, especially your low soul to boot which makes your expression of this explanation hard to sawallow.

Daphne then acts out a fake plea of crying emotion,

"Please, don't arrest us. I am her sister (pointing out to Ice). We have a bunch of little brothers and sisters to feed (she takes out a handkerchief and starts weeping her tears). If you arrest us, they will be all alone and there will be no food for them tonight",

To which the little man says,

"What be this? A Circus?"

No one seems to be buying into your charade.

28th Jul, 2005 - 6:49pm / Post ID: #

[medieval] Scout World Medieval PBP RPG

The Game Master says...

Ice says to the official,

"Look, I meant no threat to you when I drew my sword. I am sorry if you thought I did."

The man pouts, not even looking at Ice and says nothing save to the soldiers,

"What be ye waiting fer? Rain? Be off with her, she and her accomplices are nuisances to society!"

The soldiers move in while at the same time Daphne starts to make a shrill yell.

The soldiers stop because of the oddity and some people in the crowd say,

"Let her be, let her be."

In what seems to be a chant. The little man frowns and looks at you in a way as though he were trying to fit you for a costume, he then says,

"Well I suppose this time thou wilt go, but do that again and by the demagogs of the depths I will not let this pass by me!"

He then mumbles to start your journey to the South and then adds,

"And be quick about it"

He walks away shaking his head and dusting his clothes as though there were stains on it.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (14) »

> TOPIC: [medieval] Scout

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,