[Medieval] Scenario III, 'Desolation'

[medieval] Scenario Iii ' Desolation' - World of Medieval PBP RPG - Posted: 28th Jun, 2003 - 4:09pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »
Closed
28th Apr, 2003 - 1:59pm / Post ID: #

The Game Master says...

Scenario: III

[center]Scenario III, Desolation![/center]

Talk of the scroll being in the hands of the Elders brings new hope for the King moving South with his armies, but no one dares go in unchartered territory.

Scouts are sent, but they do not come back.

Tired of the loss of life the King requests those who are familiar with the South of the Village to venture and 'cleanse it' in preparation for his uncoming armies. The King usually has no need of 'Village life' hence the summon so as to spare his own skilled warriors. However, the King is not a miser and will pay handsomely.

GM: Begin signing up and answering the call by posting in the Camp III.

Sponsored Links:
12th Jun, 2003 - 11:15pm / Post ID: #

Desolation III Scenario Medieval

The Game Master says...

The knowledge of Zenobia's last adventure goes through the village like wild fire. Zenobia tries to keep it quiet, but her payments for expensive goods is recorded in the minds of her sellers.

In the course of signing up through Greaves, Zenobia becomes acquainted with Mystic and Lucia as he introduces them as Zenobia's new accomplices in this venture. He instructs Mystic and Lucia to follow Zenobia's lead as she is already familiar with the South. He then gives the following information from his door step....

"Count yurself lucky as the King will pay 100 gold pieces each to you if you map the area (he points to the South) and bring it back to me for future delivery to his Highness. Now see that you make this map detailed with locations of where you camped,  the terrain and any meat that you cut up and lef fur dead in the fields (Greaves chuckles a bit)." He then gives you a map again, similar to the one of last time. Make sure you go well equipped, and you have a full week, so be quick about it!"

Greaves peers at each of you and then moves back into his house as he always does (see past Scenarios). You quickly greet each other and state your skills, equipment and expectations. (Camp)

GM: It is 9:00am, the day is bright, you are outside of Greaves home. A week is not much time, you will need to start today. Make your plans in the Camp and then Zenobia posts final plans in Party Order.

19th Jun, 2003 - 12:44pm / Post ID: #

[Medieval] Scenario III, 'Desolation' RPG PBP Medieval World

The Game Master says...

Greaves yells from behind the door, "Why does it take you coin grabbers so much time to get a move on?

You each turn to the door from where the voice thunders. Zenobia is already used to it, the others are shocked by Greaves attitude. Zenobia just shrugs, having experienced much worst in life already.

GM: It is 9:15am. you need to get moving. Nothing accomplished, nothing gained the Elders of the Village always say.

20th Jun, 2003 - 9:42am / Post ID: #

The Game Master says...

Zenobia knew that the villagers were talking about how much money she has since the last adventure, she would like to purchase a place a bit away from the village to keep all her stuff and take only what is needed for this new adventure but she knows this will not be possible now because of their limited time. Zenobia introduces herself to Mystic and Lucia. Thinking herself a veteran already, Zenobia hopes the young adventurers know what they are going to go through since they're not experienced. She tells them she's a warrior, that she has lot of equipment and experience in the field and that she expects that they can listen to her when a difficult situation arise. She also tells them that she is a Body Guard and Stone Mason. Zenobia then speaks in an authoritative voice,

"I think we need to leave as soon as possible, as you all see Greaves wants a detailed map of everything, we need to take notes somehow. Also, do not forget to get a whole week's supply of food and water, if you don't have then we need to purchase it in the market."

Zenobia then suggest that everyone goes to their homes and bring all the stuff they think they need, she also reminds them to not get overloaded because the trip will be hard but she also reminds them she has a wagon and a horse which will make the whole thing easier. She suggested they meet in an hour by her place since she will need a hand with her stuff. She will also need to pass by the market and get food for her horse'. Also since Lucia doesn't have much food, Zenobia will purchase food and water for her and for Mystic if it's necessary.

Lucia nods her head in agreement and exhales,

"I am glad to go on this journey with you, Zenobia and Mystic. I am a warrior, but I have not much experience in adventuring, but I believe I can handle it. I will listen to Zenobia carefully to follow what she tells me what I need to do."

Zenobia smiles, liking to be in control as Lucia continues,

"I have skills as a navigator and a body guard.  Hopefully, my skills will come in handy during our journey.  I hope I have the equipment I need to go on this journey.  I have my short sword, clothes, and my leather boots.  I have a leather backpack to carry water and rations and I have a blanket for us to rest on, but I just realized that I don't have enough food for the entire journey.  I only have enough food for 3 days."

Zenobia puts her hand on Lucia's shoulder in a reassuring way and says,

"Don't worry, tell me how much you need and I will buy it."

Zenobia turns her head towards Mystic and says the same thing while adding,    

"As you all see Greaves is a moody man . Let's go to the market to purchase the food for the journey and for our horse."

Everyone is now at the market. Zenobia instructs Lucia and Mystic to purchase what they need now then Zenobia prepares her new wagon and horse and pack what she needs for this journey, she also adds Lucia's and Mystic's stuff on it.

GM: All of you need to say EXACTLY what you will buy with Zenobia's money at the market, post that in the camp. Then Zenobia will post ALL the details in party order after deciding if she really wants to purchase your request or not. After this I will update your equipment list and begin the adventure to the South. The Map Greaves gave you is below:

[center]user posted image[/center]

23rd Jun, 2003 - 8:33am / Post ID: #

The Game Master says...

Along the way to the market you discuss what 'extra' things you need to buy. Zenobia's two new adventurers are delighted at the fact that Zenobia will buy some needed equipment for them. This causes their trust in Zenobia to grow.

At the market you look around and make the necessary exchange of coin for goods. While doing so you are approached by a woman that introduces herself as 'Sky'. She exclaims her position as a willing adventurer and she wants to join in whatever you are about to do. Zenobia sizes her up and says...

GM: Sky has created a new character and wishes to join the group, her equippment is listed in her profile. If you wish for her to join the current game you may give suggestions about what else she may need via Camp III. Soon I will update everyone's profile.

24th Jun, 2003 - 1:21pm / Post ID: #

The Game Master says...

At the market Mystic asks Zenobia,

"Zenobia will you be getting me arrows too or just a bow?"

Zenobia is feeling overwhelmed for all the pressure she is getting. She feels the pride of being an experienced warrior, with three people who do not have her insight into adventure and plus she has to pay their way, not a very good deal really. But she's in the adventure and does not have many options. She looks at Mystic and says in a frustrated voice,

"Well...y ou have to say what you want, if you asked for a bow I will think you have arrows, I cannot check that for you too."

Mystic frowns and then with a slightly forward tone says,

"Actually, I did ask for arrows and horse I might add. Maybe the horse was a bit much, but I did ask for arrows."

Mystic then looks at the others in the group who nod their heads in agreement that she asked for arrows beforehand. Zenobia's pride begins to melt, but her warrior instinct does not allow it show.

Lucia smiles quietly at Sky.  She then looks at Zenobia and says,

"Zenobia, you are our leader for this journey.  You asked Sky a very important question, how does she know of us and our journey? If Sky has abilities and equipment to help us on our journey, we could let her come along. The journey could be less difficult with 4 people instead of 3, but the final decision lies with you."

Zenobia is glad to count with Lucia, she seems understanding. She likes that she submits to her authoritarian ways, it helps her pride grow strong. She then says to her,

"Thanks for your help and counsel."

Then this new woman Sky says...

"Zenobia, I heard about you from the a great warrior from afar... I have no coins left. I did not buy 7 days worth of rations, I bought  things for fire and protection...  I am not sure what I can offer to you, I am a bit lost... it is your decision if  you would like for me to get more acquainted with things and wait till next time."

Zenobia is pleased with Sky's submissive attitude, it is the kind of people that Zenobia likes around her. Zenobia puts her hands on her waist while listening and then points as she speaks...

"Well, you can come with us but you need to follow directions, I will buy some extra food for your journey."

Zenobia looks hard in the outside but she has a great heart although nobody knows about it. She then gives a warm smile to Sky and the others and say,

"Well people, are we ready to go?"

GM: You will need to state exactly how much you buy so it can be added to the equipment and deducted form your gold. Zenobia should state this in Party Order. Since you have a new person, you should also state in what posititon she will be during camp and coridoor situations.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
26th Jun, 2003 - 10:20am / Post ID: #

[Medieval] Scenario III 'Desolation'

The Game Master says...

On the way to the South

Lucia looks intently as Zenobia speaks.  She feels great to be going on this journey with everyone.  She is also very thankful that Zenobia is helping to make sure everyone has enough rations and water. She then turns to Zenobia and says,

"Zenobia, many thanks for the help with getting me some more food and water for this journey.  Your plan of placement sounds good, but what happens if we get attacked from behind?  If that was to happen, our magician will be the first one to be attacked.  Shall Sky or I walk with Mystic to help protect her?  I know she is inexperienced as Sky and I, but with her being a beginning magician, she knows of no magic spells at this time to protect her."

Lucia smiles quietly at Zenobia, then thinks the group might see her as a bringer of doom and so she adds,

"I am not saying this will happen, but there could be a possiblity of it.  I think we should be prepared for an attack from any direction."

Zenobia replies, "Very good question Lucia. You should stay with Mystic to protect her and I will stay with Sky to guide her around."

Mystic says,

"I like the idea and thanks for remembering my arrows. How will we be travelling? on foot or in the wagon? Only one horse is going to take all of us? I think we should have at least one more horse cause something could happen to Zenobia's horse and then we are stuck."

Zenobia begins to think that Mystic sees her as a 'tree of money', Zenobia looks at Mystic and says,

"Yes but I cannot spend more money for now, let's just go with one horse. We can take turns to ride on the wagon, mostly the wagon will carry our stuff than otherwise will be harder to carry on our backs. Since we still in the market, let me get a horse chain too."

Everyone nods in agreement, you gather your stuff and you begin to head towards the south part of the Village.

It is a sunny day, it is now 11:00am, noon is fast approaching and everyone is ready for action as the sun towers overhead. Zenobia is anxious for more gold to replenish her stocks and then suddenly thinks to therself about the scenario of finding gold and how everyone will expect it to be shared. While travelling Zenobia goes to each person and asks how they expect to be paid if they find fortune...

GM: In the camp you should discuss how future fortune found will be divided so that no one starts an arguement in an unsafe place that may bring unwanted visitors. For example if you were to find 100 GPs how will it be divided? Does Zenobia expect repayment for the items she bought?

28th Jun, 2003 - 4:09pm / Post ID: #

[Medieval] Scenario III 'Desolation' World Medieval PBP RPG

The Game Master says...

[center]user posted image
Leaving the Village on the way South
[/center]

There is some discussion about the division of money. Everyone agrees to share all finds equally after paying Zenobia back for her advance of gold. Mystic fixes her leather armor in such a way so as to tease the others who wear only clothes and cloaks. Zenobia looks at her with eyes of quick justice and says,

"You will not be the only one for long , since you're going to pay me back my money, I will buy armor also"

Mystic fixes herself quickly having been 'caught' in her pride. Everyone then turns to the South and walks casually on their journey. It has been a long day so each of you begin to eat some of your biscuit-like rations. Already you think to yourself about the nice meal you will buy upon returning, then you pause and think... 'That's if I do return'.

Zenobia remembers the familiar places of her last journey, she speaks confidently about the area and vegetation. Everyone listens intently while viewing the area never before seen. The travel speed is rather slow with all the equipment and one horse makes the burden of the horse extra hard. You also cannot go through your usual short cuts because of the width of the wagon wheels.

By sunset you have covered a great distance, but you are still far from the Southern part that Zenobia had once ventured in. It is time to make camp. You hear the howls of wolves in the distance, this makes you a bit uneasy as you look around for the right place.

GM: Choose the kind of place you want to set up camp in. The area has some hills, grassy lands and patches of trees here and there. You will need to state your 'shift' for the night's watch, if any and what you will do for/in/about the camp. You will also need to state at what time you wish to start journeying again.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »

> TOPIC: [Medieval] Scenario III, 'Desolation'

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,