[Medieval] Scenario II, 'The Scroll'

[medieval] Scenario Ii ' The Scroll' - World of Medieval PBP RPG - Posted: 24th Mar, 2003 - 3:24pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Closed
17th Mar, 2003 - 4:35pm / Post ID: #

The Game Master says...

:spock: Only Admin Posts in this Section!

Scenario: II

[center]Scenario II, 'The Scroll'[/center]

[center]user posted image[/center]
[center]You stand in front of Greaves' Door[/center]

Mission

As usual, your thirst for adventure in the far horizon has you in an attitude of excitement as you hear the village herald (a servant that brings news) announce that one of the Great Elders of the village is in need of an ancient scroll.

The herald, a short stumpy man with a short beard and jet black eyes gets up on a special tower made just for him. Everyone in the village is gathered to hear what new comes from the Elders. The herald pauses and then in one breath says,

"Ye fellowww warriors. ye Elders of the village are in need of strong scouts to find and acquire a scroll of great importance. The last bunch did not make it, there shall be no less than five of you together apply! The pay is good and the reward is good if you bring the scroll in one piece. If ye be interested then apply to Mister Greaves of Brussels in the old shack."

Your mind races... now is my chance to show what you are made of... you hasten to get ready and be the first to meet with Greaves.  

You decide to hasten your footsteps and get to Greaves' hut before anyone else does.  

About Mister Greaves

What you know about Mr. Greaves is mostly from gossip around the fire at night with friends. Many see him as the village Elder's lackey. Others say he has strange powers and only acts as a grumpy old man to protect his true identity as a user of the magics. Whatever Mr. Greaves is or does, one thing is for sure, he is not friendly nor inviting and it will be a challenge to get him to say much when you meet with him.

You are curious why the others did not make it. You were still in training when the first announcement was made about the scroll. You think to yourself how 'fearless' you are and continue to Greave's hut.

At Greaves' Home

You arrive at the hut of Mr. Greaves. It is the typical hut of an old man. Not very well kept and built more for security rather than beauty. A carved stone on the floor has enscribed, "Keep Out!" Moss clutters the stone walls. It is strangely quiet. His house is near the forest on the edge of the village's boundary, and you expect that there won't be much noise, but it seems too quiet. you wonder why someone who serves the Elders so well would want to live all alone and near a forest.  

----------------

NOTE FROM ADMIN

Begin creating your characters now. Follow the instructions in the thread called, '[Medieval] Create New Character Here' or visit https://www.bordeglobal.com/board/medieval

If you wish to be part of this party please go to CAMP 2 thread and state your facts.

----------------

START DATE: 18th March, 2003
Last Scenario ENDED: Characters died

Sponsored Links:
18th Mar, 2003 - 6:21pm / Post ID: #

Scroll The II Scenario Medieval

The Game Master says...

You go closer to the door and raise your hand, form a fist and get ready to use your knuckles on the door. Before you can do so a grumpy voice from within says,

"Yes, what is it this time, what do you want?"

The voice is muffled because of the thickness of the door and you think quickly as to what you shall reply. (All this while looking at the rest of the party behind you)

GM: Time is getting on, who is it that stands at the door of Greaves? Party order thread needs to filled in for this adventure to begin, make haste, the east winds are starting to blow hard.

19th Mar, 2003 - 10:56am / Post ID: #

[Medieval] Scenario II, 'The Scroll' RPG PBP Medieval World

The Game Master says...

Kagan answers,

"Sir, we come voluntarily to the service of the village elders."  She adds, "We are five, and have come to answer your call for the scroll."

The door opens in a timed, controlled manner... standing at the door is Greaves. He looks as though he is displeased to see you. He steps forward far enough to see both east and west of his yard and says,

[center][img]https://www.bordeglobal.com/board/medieval/third_avatars/greaves.jpg[/img][/center]

"Only three of you? Two women and a man (he rolls his eyes), just like last time, did you not hear the statement made from the tower? At least five of you apply!"

Kagan starts to stutter a bit while her brow gets tensed,

"There are five of us, here stands Lupus, Zenobia and I am Kagan, soon to come is Fion and Lady, but we did not see them yet."

Greaves gets mad at this statement and explains that the last time he sent three people they took his money and left without even bothering to give him anything in return and this time he is not doing that. He uses his hands to motion you to get away from his door and not come back until there are at least five of you at his door. He steps back into his home, giving sufficent room for his door to close, but at the same time never turning his back to you until the door closes.

Kagan looks at Lupus and Zenobia,

"I do not know what is happening with Fion and Lady, they did not present themselves at the camp this morning. It will be necessary to seek them out if we are to ever leave this backward village. Come on, let us go quickly."

All of you leave Greaves home and head back to the Village.

GM: Ensure that those you have posted in party order show agreement in the camp 2 thread. If not, it means they are not interested in participating in this adventure.

[offtopic]I am not interested in having players that do not follow up with their characters (example: nicking) it becomes a burden when I have to decide what they will do, so make sure to deliberate the seriousness of the players that do sign up in the camp. It may be necessary for you to contact them via IM or other means. Either way, make sure you have at least five ready for this adventure. It may be necessary for the party leader to take action in this outside of the game. When you have five in total that have consented in the camp then post party order again. Greaves is waiting.[/offtopic]

20th Mar, 2003 - 5:14pm / Post ID: #

The Game Master says...

On your way to the Village you see LadyMoab coming your way. She looks equipped for adventure despite her nerd like appearance. She can berely carry all that she has, but you have always known her for her high intelligence about things in general. You are glad to see her. Kagan approaches LadyMoab before the rest of the party and asks,

"Where is Fion?"

LadyMoab replies, "I think he has lost his way trying to find Greaves' hut. I feel it necessary to either search for him or leave him behind. Is it necessary for him to come with us? You are the leader, Kagan, what do you want to do?

Without answering LadyMoab's question Kagan looks up at the sky, it is very cloudy, it may rain soon. You are half way between Greaves home and the Village.

Lupus, looking in the direction of the darker rain clouds, sighs heavily to show his displeasure at the possibility of rain.

GM: What do you wish to do now?

20th Mar, 2003 - 10:05pm / Post ID: #

The Game Master says...

Kagan looks at her small group as they adjust their equipment. She looks into their eyes, they are not the 'liked' ones of the Village. They all have a 'bad' vibe (low soul) about them. Kagan comes to the realization that she really has to act for the good of the party in public or they will be turned quickly away.

Kagan looks up at the clouds, they seem to change to a darker shade of grey as time passes, you lick your index finger with your saliva and then stick it into the air... the winds are getting stronger.

Everyone starts to look around as the wind begins to pick up pace, blowing your hair wildly like a kite in a storm. The group then looks at Kagan, waiting for a decision.

GM: it is now 9:00am

22nd Mar, 2003 - 2:48am / Post ID: #

The Game Master says...

A distant shout is heard, everyone looks around to see what makes the strange sound. Kagan tells everyone to look at the direction of the Village. A humanoid creature approaches in quick pace with lots of equipment. LadyMoab says,

"Kagan, this be the one that is always late."

Just about that time Fion comes strolling up, grinning like a bear that had found honey.  

"Aye, I'm here, and looking for the leader of this band. So which of ye be a running this outfit?"  

Kagan is relieved to see Fion even if he was late and the cause of some embarrassment. Kagan answers his question.  

"I have been appointed.  It is good to finally see you Fion.  Let us not waste any more time.  Mr. Greaves is a man of influence in the village.  It would not be wise to agitate him further.  I request that all be respectful toward him, even if it doesn't suit you.  Come on".

Fion then looks up and down at Kagan in a critical way and says,

"You can go tell that crochety old man that Fion mac Cumhail has arrived, and he be worth two men on any given day".  

Fion then stands in a wide-legged stance, hand on hips, staring at them.  

After hearing those words, Zenobia looks at Fion with one of her eyebrows up, each of her hands on the side of her waist,  rolling eyes and thinking to herslef... 'Is this guy going to be my partner in this adventure, he better get out of his horse!'

Zenobia humbles her tongue that itches to reply to Fion with fire, but instead looks at Kagan and says,

"Speak with Greaves and convince him that we are ready for the work and that we have a magician, two warriors and two thieves in our staff."  

Kagan looks at Fion in disgust and then at Zenobia with a smirk at the way she is mad,

"Zenobia, it may not be wise to tell him our exact skills, since thieves and magicians are an 'unknown' in this Village". LadyMoab nods her head in agreement.

All of you then hurry quickly to Greaves. The weather is very windy now, but there is no rain, apparently it will fall soon, but not where you are. You arrive at Greaves home. Kagan leaves the group about 30 feet fro the entrance of the hut. Kagan approaches the door with caution/ Before she can knock the door it opens. There stands Greaves once again. He tips on his toes to see over the shoulder of Kagan and looks towards the group...

"Ah, I see it be five of you at last, any less and you would have been on your way to clean pig's quaters for yer supper!"

Greaves then puts his right hand behind his back and pulls out a leather case. He carefully loosens the knot that holds shut tight and then reveals the following:

- Map of the Village and surrounding area (see below)
- A ring with a strange writing on it

[center][img]https://www.bordeglobal.com/board/medieval/map_area.gif[/img][/center]

He then says while pointing at the map (the area south of Death's Mouth)...

"In this area be bandits. They have a scroll with enscriptions similar to that of this ring (he holds up the ring near to your eyes gestering for you to have a close look). Find the scroll and bring it back to me. It is of great importance. I believe these bandits live in a cave. They are dangerous, they attacked me before. Were it not for my powers I would not have been able to get back to the Village ater they ambushed me. I hope you have good tatics, the last bunch I sent just stole my money and I got nothing to show the Elders for it."

Greaves then scrutinizes Kagan and the gropu and then says, I will give each of ya 20 GP only when you return, and only if you return with my scroll!" Greaves then explains that he is not giving you the ring to take, but you may have the map as a guide.

You thank him and he returns to his home with no expression or words. Kagan then returns to the party and explains all that happens. Just as she is doing so the door of Greaves home opens and Greaves appears again,

"Where be ya horses or mule? Wait, you hink to walk to the caves? I am not ging to pay you for taking forever!"

Greaves then steps back inside and the door closes as rain drops fall around you. You gather under a nearby tree as it sways in the wind.

GM: It is 10:00am. What do you want to do?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
24th Mar, 2003 - 11:03am / Post ID: #

[Medieval] Scenario II 'The Scroll'

The Game Master says...

The wind blows hard, but you are suprised to see a break in the clouds to the east. The sun is forcing its' way through the clouds and so the rain is only temporary. It falls a bit harder in the west and south of your current position. You sigh a relief at this, and think to yourself about things you would need if it rained. you have always known a cloak with hood is best for this.

Kagan then looks at her own coat and murmers to herself about there being a better way to stay dry. LadyMoab after hearing this says,

"You know most folk rub their cloaks with candle wax making it waterproof. "

Kagan then looks at the brilliant suggestion, but then wonders why LadyMoab did not buy a cloak for herself. She does not wonder about it for long as she remembers how low her soul is. It seems that Village life has made most of the group less than wise. Kagan was glad to be observant from her youth, thus making her more wise than most. She feels assured by the group's strength and intellect and her wisdom.

Everyone stands under the tree deliberating. It is actually starting to get more bright as the dark clouds disperse. Kagan wonders about all that Greaves told her. She looks at the map again and then to the south to the furthest point she can see. In doing so she sees a lone individual coming through the forest. It seems to be one of the Village folk with something on their back. The humanoid shape is dressed in a cloak so you cannot tell if it be male or female. However, a shortbow can be seen in his/her hand.

24th Mar, 2003 - 3:24pm / Post ID: #

[Medieval] Scenario II 'The Scroll' World Medieval PBP RPG

The Game Master says...

As the humaniod approaches from afar off  the group finally comes to a decision. Taking what all has said Kagan replies....

"Here's my decision.  We will wait until nightfall and then go out and steal three horses.  Lupus and I will go out when we know that the villagers are asleep.  The rest of the party is to rest and prepare to leave.  We will meet at the southside of the village just out of it's boundaries. We will travel by night and rest by day. When a battle arises the Warriors will be in the front as they are more skilled with swords and bows.  The thieves will remain in the shadows and use their stealth to sneak up on the enemy and set traps.  The magician will have to make due with her short sword as best as she can."  

Kagan then looks at Lupus and Fion and says,

"I like the formation strategy. Let the warriors draw fire while the thieves hit them from cover."

Kagan then looks at LadyMoab and continues...

"If the situation allows, get behind them (pointing to Fion and Zenobia). The warriors should open up with bows first, if given the chance, then close with hand-to-hand weapons. Everyone needs to rest up now and prepare for tonight."  

Kagan explains further that Fion can decide if he wants to accompany Lupus and herself then say "aye", and she admonishes Fion to remember they will need to move silently so only take his longsword. They will have to keep watch of the guard towers somehow and try to avoid them as much as possible. While keeping her eye on the approaching humanoid she quickly adds,

"We will also neeed to take a look around the town first in the daylight so that we can find the horses now and know where to go after nightfall and make find the best route to the south side of town where we will meet the others.  I believe that we will have the most luck on the south and east side of town. When you find the horses take notice of their owners, and the animals lodgings and how to get them out without having to use force or breaking gates etc. Bring just a little bit of food, I'll spare some of my dry rations, to try and entice the horses out to make as little sound from them."    

Lupus raises his hand in a guesturing way and laments,

"I must get some food and water."

Fion looks at Lupus and puts his hand on his shoulder with a reassuring tone he says under his breath,

"I'll go with you to get the horses tonight. Somebody round me up an apple to take with me.  
Also, when we get the horses, be on the lookout for hobbles and more rope. We'll need them for a picket line."  

Suddenly a surge of excitement is in them.  

Kagan looks on at what is being said and then turns to the group and whispers,

"This stranger that approaches, I do not trust whomever it is. Let us be silent. We do not have time to hide, but be ready incase of anything."

Fion is already  ready to pull his longsword out of it's shaft, but Kagan quickly stops him and says,

"It is but one, let us see if they be friendly folk".

While waiting on the humanoid's approach Kagan thinks to herself... How she feels confident with this group.  Zenobia a loyal companion, Fion strong and courageous and willing to do what  was needed.  Lupus supportive and Lady with her intellect would be very helpful to the party.

A Stranger approaches

The cloaked man carries with him some creature of the woods on his back. Kagan figures that he just hunted it. LadyMoab analyzes the kind of creature and how it died. It is a female deer, most likely from an arrow to the neck. The stranger approaches with his cloak wet from the rain. He is a typical hunter of the village, you have seen him around and know that he is most likely very familiar with the area and the ways of hunting. He looks at you with a serious but respectful grin. He then raises his hand to show his palm and says,

"Greeting folk, on some kind of hunt are ye?"

He then pauses, puts his hand down and looks at you to await your response...

GM: You have your part well structured and ordered for any combat. You have this hunter before you. Decide your answer to his question and what you wish to do next.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: [Medieval] Scenario II, 'The Scroll'

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,