World Of Medieval Players In Waiting - Page 4 of 7

Oh this man. He was great! Of course - Page 4 - World of Medieval PBP RPG - Posted: 6th Jan, 2013 - 5:05pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Closed
If you have created a Character but cannot join in a current Scenario as yet because the current Party is away from the Village then you can use this Thread to post rudimentary actions for your character around the Village or your home UNTIL you can Post in the current active Camp Thread. The GM does NOT respond or answer Posts made here. Players currently in a Camp should NOT Post here.
Post Date: 1st Jan, 2013 - 4:48pm / Post ID: #

World Of Medieval Players In Waiting
A Friend

World Of Medieval Players In Waiting - Page 4

There were always ups and downs in life. This was just another one of the down times for Thad. He had been up in Greystalk for 5 years. Working the books for a textile tycoon, he simply bolstered his rather measly pay a little too lavishly. But still, his boss never took notice.

When Thad thought his coffers had built up enough, he was going to get into the business game as well, swindling others out of business in order to build his own monopoly. At that level, it wasn't called thieving; it was the competitive market.

Thad had secured an invitation to a party for rich businessmen from Greystalk and other areas, hoping to find some potential investors. He had everything set-fancy clothes, hired 'servants"-the works. His boss wasn't supposed to be there. The party's host and his boss were notorious enemies. In fact, he had asked his boss" evening plans in a nonchalant way right before leaving work that day, but the boss gave no signs of going to the party. Into the party came his boss. A scene was not made, and in fact, they talked quite a bit at the party. However, the next day, an entourage of auditors came into Thad's office. He was immediately arrested pending the investigation, but Thad knew what they would find. So, he escaped his cell, and headed home for a fresh start.

He doubted he would find much "white collar" crime in the Village. But its central location had always made it a gathering point for adventurers, and one with his particular talents was often in high demand while delving into the unknown. However, he knew he was rusty and just hoped he could still "work the streets," so to speak.

These were his thoughts as he enters the Village between Town Hall and the training grounds. Home sweet home"¦he guessed.

Sponsored Links:
3rd Jan, 2013 - 5:50pm / Post ID: #

Waiting Players Medieval World

"There should be some way to make money", thought Cagliostro while spending his last coin on a mug of ale in the Village tavern. He tried to put his 'art' to profit along the way, but the local folks proved to be more suspicious than he expected. Nobody wanted to buy his flasks full of god's tears and fairy sighs and he didn't have better luck with his magic candles or the potions of eternal love. Yes, he could read a couple of hands and somebody even allowed him to predict the future studying the wrinkles on their face, but his former glory looked now like far away in the past. "If I don't come out with a good idea, sooner or later I'll have to find a job". Only the thought of having to work sent chilling shivers down his back. Cagliostro finished his beer, taking a deep and long sip, cleaned the foam around his mouth and went out, to the market area, looking for inspiration.

Post Date: 5th Jan, 2013 - 2:15am / Post ID: #

World Of Medieval Players In Waiting RPG PBP Medieval World

A curious figure taps Thad on the shoulder.

"Let me guess, ye be of the heritage of keen sight and nimble hands, am I not right? Most will be afraid of thy doings in the dark, but I know thy purpose, what do ye seek?"

Before giving you a chance to answer he points towards Cagliostro,

"Maybe it be the likes of him. The lad looks lost and in need of a fellow compatriot - ye both be keen to come up with the same plan - high adventure, am I not right?"

Again not enabling you to answer.

"Do not wonder how I know these things... I am, like ye once was, and how ye want to become I am already. And do not take his purse!"

He winks and then disappears into the crowd ushering you to introduce yourself to Cagliostro. The whole thing is like a mystery but you wonder if you should take up his dare.

Post Date: 5th Jan, 2013 - 3:30am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 4 Waiting Players Medieval World

What a strange fellow, Thad thinks. He didn't have it exactly right. Thad didn't really want high adventure, but he didn't really see what better option he had. It did seem a strange coincidence, the two of them coming to the town around the same time. So, he does take the man up on his dare.

"He sure seems in a hurry," Thad says to be man in attempt to start a conversation.

Reconcile Edited: Tonatha on 5th Jan, 2013 - 3:31am

5th Jan, 2013 - 8:10am / Post ID: #

Waiting Players Medieval World

"Uh? Oh?", mutters Cagliostro, taken aback by the foreigner that suddenly interrupted his stream of thoughts. "Who is in hurry?", he asks looking around. Then he adds: "Apart from me, of course. I'm always in a hurry to share my mistycal arts with the rest of the world, helping the hopeless and relieving the miserables. I try to bring light and happyness to this sorrow land of tears". Cagliostro's expression is that of a deep concern only sometimes brightened by a reassuring smile. "You, for instance", he continues pointing at Thad's chest, "I can sense shadows hunting you, shadows from your past! My 6th, 7th and 8th sense tell me you are in danger. But you have been lucky: you met me! For a mere g... Hehem. I mean, for two mere gold coins I can free your soul from this nightmare! What are a couple of coins for your safety? Nothing!". Each word is underlined by a theatrical gesture. Finally, he lowers his voice and asks, leaning forward: "Do you want to be saved?"

Post Date: 5th Jan, 2013 - 3:55pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Why did that guy want Thad to introduce himself to this man? A charlatan fortune teller. Good grief, but the man was well spoken which was a lot more than he could say for a lot of the folks in the Village. Thad felt this man's company would be quite entertaining.

"I'll be responsible for my own safety, my friend. Yes, their are dark shadows in the past, as I'm sure there are in yours...or...or all men for that matter. Let's spend money a little more wisely, shall we? And go have a drink at the tavern! It's been a long walk. First rounds on me."

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
5th Jan, 2013 - 6:26pm / Post ID: #

World Medieval Players Waiting - Page 4

"This is a real man talking!", comments enthusiastically Cagliostro, judging a free drink a good enough compensation after his clumsy attempt to draw some money from the stranger. "I'll lead the way", he adds reminding to himself to change that old story about the dark shadows from the past: nobody was falling for it anymore. "My name is Cagliostro. Seer, fortune teller and gifted practitioner of the mystical arts", explains the magician while opening the tavern's door. "I'm a healer, an herbalist and a potion brewer as well. Who I have the honour to entertain at my table? That one, that's the table. Nobody ever sits there since everybody in town knows I might claim my reserved place at anytime..."

Post Date: 6th Jan, 2013 - 5:05pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

World Medieval Players Waiting World Medieval PBP RPG - Page 4

Oh this man. He was great! Of course he didn't have his own table, Thad thought, but the confidence exuded by the man made Cagliastro extremely charismatic. "Thad, is my name. Swindling bookkeep as of late. Well, not anymore exactly, but everyone makes mistakes. I can't complain too much. Greystalk has yet to get my head up on the chopping block. Take your "Table," good sir. I'll run up the bar and grab our drinks."

Reconcile Edited: Tonatha on 6th Jan, 2013 - 5:05pm

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: World Of Medieval Players In Waiting

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,