Nun Stole $850k For Gambling

Nun Stole $ 850k Gambling - Studies of Catholicism - Posted: 7th Jan, 2011 - 5:55pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

16th Dec, 2010 - 5:43pm / Post ID: #

Nun Stole $850k For Gambling

She obviously has a gambling problem. The irony is that she is part of the Sisters for St. Joseph Order and part of its mission statement is "... To raise consciousness about all forms of poverty."

international QUOTE
MYFOXNY.COM - Sister Marie Thornton was the chief financial officer for Iona College in New Rochelle, N.Y. From 1999 to 2009. A federal indictment charges during those years she embezzled $850,000 from the Catholic liberal arts college.

Students, who pay $28,000 a year for tuition, shook their heads at the thought of a nun violating one of the Ten Commandments.

Sources confirm what a former Iona basketball coach said, that Sister Marie had a gambling problem. Even with a six-figure income she often went to Atlantic City and gambled away her salary and Iona College money. The indictment charges she turned in fake bills and used her college credit card to steal money.

No one from the Iona college administration would speak to on camera. By e-mail, a spokeswoman referred Fox 5 to a statement on the website, which essentially said Iona College was not indicted, a former employee was....

Sponsored Links:
7th Jan, 2011 - 5:55pm / Post ID: #

Gambling k Stole Nun

Poor nun I really feel sorry for her I don't think anyone should judge her just because it happens that she is a holy woman. I hope she can get the help she needs.

> TOPIC: Nun Stole $850k For Gambling

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,