Last Days Signs - Mormon White Horse Prophecy

- Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 1st Dec, 2003 - 12:12am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
25th Nov, 2003 - 4:49pm / Post ID: #

As LDS, we know that we are in the Latter days. But are we actually in the Last Days?

What are the signs of the Last Days that you know and understand, and where do you see them?

NightHawk

Sponsored Links:
26th Nov, 2003 - 12:55am / Post ID: #

Prophecy Horse White Mormon Signs Days Last

To start with, of course, there are the standards that everyone knows:

• The moon turns to blood
  • Earthquakes in diverse places
  • Wars and rumors of wars
  • The gathering of Israel (we could have a whole topic just on this)
  • Establishment of the New Jerusalem
  • Return of the 10 Tribes from the North
  • Lamanites build the New Jerusalem
  • Darkness covers the Earth
  • 144,000 High Priests carry the Gospel throughout the world
Then there are those that most people accept as givens (I don't, necessarily, at least in the normal meanings)
  • Rise of the Antichrist
  • Establishment of a New World Order
  • The Four Horsemen
There are also a whole host of apocryphal ideas and lesser known concepts. In this list, especially, one should ask the Spirit for knowledge. I believe that at least some of these things are true. As far as I know, none of them contradict any scriptural teachings, but many are also not specifically supported.
  • An overwhelming plague within the US ("John Taylor's" dream)
  • Destruction of New York, Albany, and Boston
  • The Constitution "hanging by a thread", saved by the Elders of Israel
  • Russia invading the US from the East Coast, China invading from the West Coast
  • Completion of the Relief Mine in Utah, along with others spread throughout the Rockies
  • Building of the White City, along with other cities of refuge
  • Complete collapse of US economy, which drags down the rest of the global economy
  • Plague that starts among the saints, before spreading throughout the world
  • Sudden deaths of many Church leaders within a very short time
There are many more, but this is a good start.

NightHawk

26th Nov, 2003 - 5:04am / Post ID: #

Last Days Signs - Mormon White Horse Prophecy Studies Doctrine Mormon

Nighthawlk, wow you wrote almost all of them tongue.gif what about the two General Authorities being murder in the streets of Jerusalem?...I cannot remember where I read this from.

26th Nov, 2003 - 6:42am / Post ID: #

• The moon turns to blood
  • Earthquakes in diverse places <--already happening
  • Wars and rumors of wars <-- the U.S. has been at war for over 200 years...the world has been at war longer than that...

• Rise of the Antichrist
  • Establishment of a New World Order  <--already happening
  • The Four Horsemen

• An overwhelming plague within the US ("John Taylor's" dream) <-- I haven't heard of this... is it AIDS?
  • Destruction of New York, Albany, and Boston
  • The Constitution "hanging by a thread", saved by the Elders of Israel <--The Constitution is already trashed
  • Russia invading the US from the East Coast, China invading from the West Coast  <--have you read the latest abou the trade wars?
  • Completion of the Relief Mine in Utah, along with others spread throughout the Rockies
  • Building of the White City, along with other cities of refuge
  • Complete collapse of US economy, which drags down the rest of the global economy <--this began in January of the year 2000 and is still spinning out of control
  • Plague that starts among the saints, before spreading throughout the world
  • Sudden deaths of many Church leaders within a very short time

And of course we have to realize that the "Last Days" are on the LORD'S TIME, not ours. I believe we are in them, and they will unfold in surprising ways.

In my opinion, of course.
Roz

Reconcile Edited: FarSeer on 26th Nov, 2003 - 6:49am

26th Nov, 2003 - 3:21pm / Post ID: #

QUOTE (LDS_forever @ Nov 26 2003, 12:04 AM)
what about the two General Authorities being murder in the streets of Jerusalem?...I cannot remember where I read this from.

This comes from Revelation where it talks about the two prophets who preach in Jerusalem for 3 1/2 years, then are destroyed. All the nations of the earth rejoice for 3 days while their bodies are left in the streets. Then, they are resurrected before the whole world.

The generally accepted idea within the church is that they are general authorities, Apostles, specifically. However, I am not sure of anyplace where this is definitively announced. The GAs who have discussed it have ventured it as their opinions. I tend to agree with it, but there are some alternative explanations.

Roz, I'm not sure we have even seen the beginning of what will really be counted as the earthquakes, wars, etc. For example, there is gathering evidence that a super volcano is gathering strength in Yellowstone. If it goes, it could easily set off the "Ring of Fire" around the Pacific basin. And we are hardly even in war right now.

Personally, I don't really believe in the NWO concept, at least not in the way most people take it. Gadianton Robbers, absolutely.

I wish we could set up sub-topics, as each of these could probably have its own thread for discussion.

John Taylor's dream:
https://www.sas.upenn.edu/~dbowie/dispute/jtvision.html
This is a disputed Mormon text. It has been frequently quoted as being authentic, but David Bowie shows some good evidence to question it. The plague that he describes is most definitely NOT HIV/AIDS. It almost sounds like Ebola or some variant.

The people who have seen, in vision and dreams, the invasion of the US say that it is a definite military invasion by Russia and China. This also relates to the disputed White Horse Prophecy by Joseph Smith, and is completely in line with George Washington's reported vision of the future of the USA.

The Constitution: You are right. It is being trashed. But what Joseph Smith, Brigham Young, and several others spoke about was something very different. I don't really understand it, but I do know that we are just beginning to approach it.

The economy is doing quite well. It is shaky, but nothing like the Great Depression. When it goes this time, 1930 will look absolutely paradisical. In fact, Germany of the 1930's will look good.

I think it was Brigham Young who said that people (speaking of the saints) would take a cat over a wheelbarrow of gold, because they would be able to eat the cat. This is the time that Bishop Koyle spoke of as being the time that the Relief Mine comes in to finance the building of Zion after providing food and refuge for some of the saints.

And of course we have to realize that the "Last Days" are on the LORD'S TIME, not ours. I believe we are in them, and they will unfold in surprising ways.

Absolutely. But He has commanded us to watch for these signs. If we don't know what to watch for, how can we do that?

BTW, there are a whole lot more in the scriptures as well as in Latter-day writings that I haven't included. Mainly because there are so many that I can't remember them all. smile.gif

While I am not really familiar with this one, it is very interesting. There was apparently a lot of discussion in the 1800's of a white skinned, white-haired Nephite prophet who would be active outside the church in preparing for the building of the New Jerusalem, among the aboriginal peoples of both North and South America. I know some members who claim that they have had personal contact with various Lamanite (American Indian) spiritual leaders who have visited this "Branch Prophet" in Central America.

NightHawk

Reconcile Edited: Nighthawk on 26th Nov, 2003 - 3:25pm

27th Nov, 2003 - 2:33am / Post ID: #

Nighthawlk, thanks for that explanation.

There was apparently a lot of discussion in the 1800's of a white skinned, white-haired Nephite prophet who would be active outside the church in preparing for the building of the New Jerusalem, among the aboriginal peoples of both North and South America. I know some members who claim that they have had personal contact with various Lamanite (American Indian) spiritual leaders who have visited this "Branch Prophet" in Central America.

I heard about this before but I don't have much info about it, any links you can provide for further research?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th Nov, 2003 - 2:06pm / Post ID: #

Last Days Signs Mormon White Horse Prophecy

This is all so interesting to me...
Nighthawk said:

I wish we could set up sub-topics, as each of these could probably have its own thread for discussion.
Yes!

The economy is doing quite well. It is shaky, but nothing like the Great Depression. When it goes this time, 1930 will look absolutely paradisical. In fact, Germany of the 1930's will look good.
I have a different opinion here with the timing. It *is* going bad, and very resolutely. This is a thing I watch fairly closely. It started (this time) in January of 2000. I have a link to a chart which compares the pattern of the Dow Jones of the 1930's to the weighted aggregate of the Dow and the NASDAQ from 1975(? I think) to today. It's *scarily* similar. And this subject really should be an entire new topic... I could go on and on.

https://www.urbansurvival.com/week.h179.gif

Reconcile Edited: FarSeer on 27th Nov, 2003 - 2:11pm

1st Dec, 2003 - 12:12am / Post ID: #

Last Days Signs Mormon White Horse Prophecy Mormon Doctrine Studies

Nighthawk said:

Personally, I don't really believe in the NWO concept, at least not in the way most people take it.

My sister and I have discussed this before, and she believes that the unification of Europe is the new Rome, the beginning of the NWO, and therefore already begun.

And we are hardly even in war right now.
Really? Do you think the (illegal) Iraqi and Afghanistan conflicts are not war? Neither one is even close to being "over" -- and we (the U.S.) have our troops poised to strike anywhere, anytime. Which, of course, makes us a convenient target.

This is the time that Bishop Koyle spoke of as being the time that the Relief Mine comes in to finance the building of Zion after providing food and refuge for some of the saints.
This subject is a little out in left field for me. I've read something of the "predictions" made, and he did seem to have some accuracy in his visions. But this is one of those things that confuse people and can cause dissension. Ultimately, he was excommunicated, was he not? (not that that is the absolute testimonial to truth or untruth... but I'd hate to bet the farm on it.)

But He has commanded us to watch for these signs. If we don't know what to watch for, how can we do that?
Absolutely. I just think we need to be really careful HOW we read the signs, and WHO gives us the signs to watch for.

These are all great subjects to research and study... and once again the past admonishments to pray and ponder to gain an answer for ourselves comes into play. Thanks for making me think smile.gif

Roz

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Last Days Signs - Mormon White Horse Prophecy

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,