Mark Of The Beast - 666 - Page 3 of 4

Name: Marty Comments: I have seen a legitimate - Page 3 - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 15th Sep, 2008 - 8:13pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
666 What is the mark of the Beast? What are we to understand by the numbers: 666? Hopefully answers can be found here.
8th Dec, 2006 - 1:37pm / Post ID: #

Mark Of The Beast - 666 - Page 3

I was a bit taken back by your account since I know Jehovah Witnesses do not believe in Near Death Experiences (at least the ones I met) Nevertheless, I do not believe the beast talk in Revelation is an actual "beast" but mainly symbolic.

Rather off topic, but...
We have also a board about Near Death Experiences if you want to discuss the topic from that perspective:
https://www.bordeglobal.com/foruminv/index.php?showforum=237

Sponsored Links:
14th May, 2008 - 6:09pm / Post ID: #

Beast The Mark

I have heard so many theories on this. I like some of what the Worldwide Church of God says on the matter, but I don't necessarily believe it is just as they say. Possibly it is all just a symbolic representation of evil men in the world rather than one particular person.

14th May, 2008 - 7:06pm / Post ID: #

Mark Of The Beast - 666 Revealed Bible The

I do not think this is the mark. I think the mark is the mark of evil on ones soul and his deeds and when you pray the mark will be shown to you as a true believer. The mechanical chip maybe the tool to put the pressure on any that do not join the new founded religious movement the anti-Christ will lead.

Some very interesting thoughts and ideas are here such as being able to calculate the number of the beast from his "name" tag he will use.

15th May, 2008 - 12:44am / Post ID: #

Page 3 Beast The Mark

You may be right krakyn. From what I remember the number represents evil in itself. The number 7 represents good so 777 would be really good. The opposite is true with 666 meaning really bad. I think John is just trying to tell us how bad the evil on the earth will be.

3rd Jun, 2008 - 8:31am / Post ID: #

Beast The Mark

QUOTE (Saved @ 14-May 08, 4:44 PM)
You may be right krakyn. From what I remember the number represents evil in itself. The number 7 represents good so 777 would be really good. The opposite is true with 666 meaning really bad. I think John is just trying to tell us how bad the evil on the earth will be.

Wow! I can't believe I missed this thread! Anyhow, I absolutely believe it could be the mark. This past year I have been studying a little about it and so I will throw in my 1/2 cents worth--if that!

First off, I am fascinated by symbology and numbers in scripture. I have a great book that I love, "The Lost Language of Symbolism" by Alonzo Gaskill. He has a whole chapter on the numbers.
The number 7 is "the most common of all symbolic numbers, it represents fulness, completion, wholeness, spiritual perfection. and totality.  In Egypt it symbolized eternal life.

The number 6:
A negative symbol conveying the idea of deficit, imperfection, or failure to attain completeness.

I thought his thoughts on 666 would be worth adding as well:
With six as the symbol of imperfection, the triple repetition of the number six is commonly seen as a "trinity of imperfection," symbolic of Satan, the great and abominable church, and the anti-Christ--all imperfect and all setting themselves up as divine.

With that said, something has left me unsettled. I have heard of the NERO theory as well. But I saw a documentary (don't know title) regarding the mark of the beast and it said that when the numbers were copied down, it was actually a different number. I will have to go and look it up. It did spell a different persons name as well. Anyone heard of that?

I want to comment on some other posts here but I think I will go and see if I can research that and tackle some other thoughts later.

PS--I did find an article that mentions another ruler--it didn't sound familiar to me but I assume it was probably the same one. It also has a picture of the papyrus found. Very interesting. I will put the part about the gemartia below.

Source: https://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article....RTICLE_ID=44169

"This is an example of gematria, where numbers are based on the numerical values of letters in people's names," Parker told the UK's Independent. "Early Christians would use numbers to hide the identity of people who they were attacking: 616 refers to the Emperor Caligula."

Many commentators have gone with later copies of text which assign the number 666 to "the beast," believed by some to be the End-time world power.

Some have also linked 666 with Nero, the ancient Roman emperor known for persecuting Christians.

Regarding this new text, Parker told Britain's Church Times, "This adds weight to those who believe that it is a reference to Caligula's attempt to desecrate the Temple in Jerusalem, by having his statue erected there as part of the cult of emperor worship.

"There may be a reference to it in Mark [13:14], where he refers to the 'the abomination of desolation.' But this was overlaid by the Neronian persecutions. People believed that you could get from '666' to Nero because in Greek he is the emperor Neron Caesar. And 666 is one number less than the perfect 777. The text [showing 616] is quite legible to the naked eye. It was published in 1999, but it has taken people time to catch up."

Reconcile Edited: AlaskanLDS on 3rd Jun, 2008 - 8:47am

3rd Jun, 2008 - 1:49pm / Post ID: #

Mark Of The Beast - 666

Great research AlaskanLDS I think many times in the translated bibles are like this. As far as the mark I am sure if one consults the holy spirit the mark of the beast shall shine through with no doubt when the time comes.

I might also might be more then just one persons name that makes this number. After all it will be a group effort from the dark side.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 3rd Jun, 2008 - 3:21pm / Post ID: #

Mark Of The Beast - 666
A Friend

Mark The Beast 666 - Page 3

Yes the mark of the beast has been a symbol as is most everything in the book of revelations. When the world church comes about those who are true believers in the words of god will be the ones who will enjoy the good life. As far as chips and other ways to mark me I do not think I will be participating. smile.gif

Post Date: 15th Sep, 2008 - 8:13pm / Post ID: #

Mark The Beast 666 The Bible Revealed - Page 3

Name: Marty

Comments: I have seen a legitimate argument that disproves the theory that the mark of the beast is 666 or bar codes or whatever evil suits your fancy. The jew (John the revelator) who wrote the phrase "the mark or token of the beast" had no idea that a greek translator would interpret the hebrew symbols for this token as a number. Jews dont have numerical representations for numbers...so 666 is incorrect. The more likely translation would be WWW. Since the symbol for 'W' in hebrew is the same symbol used in the hebrew bible for that verse written by John.

Source 1: Spiritual Vision, ISBN:1932280200

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Mark Of The Beast - 666

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,