Last Days Economy - Page 2 of 2

"We live in a time foretold in the scriptures - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 11th Jun, 2008 - 3:04pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
6th Apr, 2004 - 2:25am / Post ID: #

Last Days Economy - Page 2

If Bush wins then your forecast Nighthawk would be during his era... I am still waiting on that background info for the dreams though. wink.gif

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Apr, 2004 - 5:13am / Post ID: #

Last Days Economy
A Friend

Economy Days Last

Some prophecies from the 1800's seemed to indicate the US economy would completely collapse, there would be internal wars in the US and entire populations would be wiped out. Todays prophets say nothing of this. Pres Hinckley has said he is optomistic of our future, so I don't know what to think.

One point to keep in mind is that the Gospel must be carried to every nation prior to the second coming. It is costly for families to send their sons and daughters to the four corners of the Globe. In order to continue doing this, it would appear the US economy, as well as other nations economies would need to remain strong in order for these families to have the necessary funds to support the missionary program.

6th Apr, 2004 - 10:08am / Post ID: #

Last Days Economy Studies Doctrine Mormon

QUOTE (JB@Trinidad @ 5-Apr 04, 9:25 PM)
If Bush wins then your forecast Nighthawk would be during his era... I am still waiting on that background info for the dreams though. wink.gif

You are right. Certain things that Bishop Koyle predicted would also be more likely under a GWBush administration.

For background on the dreams and visions, I can guide you to some resources. I don't have the time, and you don't have the patience for me to go into too much detail within a forum such as this.

To start with, join the LDS-Last-Days-Events-and-Preparedness egroup on Yahoo!. If you aren't interested in the discussions, that is fine, just go into the files section and get "Dawn's book". I have been corresponding with her, and will soon add this volume to my website. Dawn was almost driven to compile all the visions and dreams she could find into one volume. Not all of these are LDS, but they all follow the LDS themes. It includes such things as George Washington's vision of the future of the US, the visions of a Quaker woman while she was touring the Cardston Temple during its Open House, and many, many others.

Second, join The-Dream-Mine egroup. Download the files about Bishop Koyle and his Relief Mine. These are a bit problematic, as both books were written by men who apparently had an "agenda" and put some of their own ideas and biases into the books. However, people who actually knew the Bishop say that the books are reliable, just not perfect. Bishop Koyle gave prophecies concerning his stewardship, the Mine, what it was for, what types of things would happen concerning it, and what would be happening in the world when it would be completely opened by the Lord. This includes a lot of information about the economic conditions.

On my website, there is a section on prophecies and visions. It isn't very extensive, but the first file, especially, is very powerful. Parley P. Pratt's Angel of the Prairies is also very interesting, but it isn't actually a vision or dream, although it is written up as one. It is a lesson that Elder Pratt prepared for the School of the Prophets, detailing his understanding of Zion. Apparently, Joseph Smith gave his approval for the document, although there is no record of such.

Finally, in various egroups, I have read many peoples' personal visions and dreams.

Very little of this is doctrinal or official. As with anything else, one should approach these things in a prayerful manner, seaking always to have the Spirit witness the truth or falsehood of these things.

QUOTE (gaucho)
One point to keep in mind is that the Gospel must be carried to every nation prior to the second coming. It is costly for families to send their sons and daughters to the four corners of the Globe.

This is a very good point. I do, however, have reservations concerning it, in that the bulk of this work may be done by the 144,000.

NightHawk

Reconcile Edited: Nighthawk on 6th Apr, 2004 - 10:29am

7th Apr, 2004 - 9:31pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Economy Days Last

I just added Dawn's Book to my website. It is located here. This is one of the best compilations of dreams, visions, and prophecies that I have ever seen. There is quite a lot to do with the economy in the last days contained in the book.

Post Date: 11th Jun, 2008 - 3:04pm / Post ID: #

Economy Days Last

"We live in a time foretold in the scriptures as a day of 'wars, rumors of wars, and earthquakes in divers places' (Mormon 8:30), when 'the whole earth shall be in commotion, and men's hearts shall fail them' (D&C 45:26).

"But how does this affect us as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints? Are we living with apprehension, fear, and worry? Or have we, amidst all of our challenges, not reason to rejoice?

"We all go through different life experiences. Some are filled with joy, and others with sorrow and uncertainty. . . .

". . . Aren't the restored gospel of Jesus Christ and our membership in His Church great reasons to rejoice?"

Ref. (Dieter F. Uchtdorf, ""Have We Not Reason to Rejoice?"" Ensign, Nov. 2007, 18)

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Last Days Economy

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,