Why Do You Listen To The Music You Do? - Page 4 of 11

QUOTE (xepher @ 29-Jun 04, 5:58 AM) If music - Page 4 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 1st Jul, 2004 - 2:09pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (11) »
Yep, we want to know - and no sad stories either.
22nd May, 2004 - 1:21am / Post ID: #

Why Do You Listen To The Music You Do? - Page 4

Well, I must have been a nerd or something then rolleyes.gif because even though I was pretty rebel I never liked that kind of music, it gave me lots of headaches and make me feel pretty confused and irritated.

Sponsored Links:
22nd May, 2004 - 10:10am / Post ID: #

Do Music To Listen You Why

I found when I was younger that the later it was at night the louder, faster and harder I liked my music. I don't know why but I guess if I was up that late I wanted my music to energize me in some way.

22nd May, 2004 - 12:51pm / Post ID: #

Why Do You Listen To The Music You Do? Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I never liked any heavy metal, except for one song, Stairway to Heaven. Eventually, I started to listen to more and more Zeppelin, until now they are my absolute favorites. Their music is so complex and melodic, even the very heavy metal stuff.

I recently read that Jimmy Page refused to overamplify or distort the guitar. He does it all with technique. I count him as one of the real masters of guitar, with people like Eric Clapton, Jimmi Hendrix, and Stevie Ray Vaughn. Just listen to Going to California, or the Battle of Evermore. Incredible. And, Robert Plant is great, as well.

I have yet to hear any other heavy metal that I care for.

Post Date: 26th Jun, 2004 - 12:04am / Post ID: #

Why Do You Listen To The Music You Do?
A Friend

Page 4 Do Music To Listen You Why

QUOTE (Nighthawk @ 22-May 04, 7:51 AM)
eventually, I started to listen to more and more Zeppelin, until now they are my absolute favorites. Their music is so complex and melodic, even the very heavy metal stuff.

I agree Zepplin is some of the best music ever recorded, however to classify them as heavy metal is a bit much depending on what you usually listen to. Maybe for there time they could be considered heavy but I really think thats stretching it. Especially compared to music of today like Hatebreed, Slayer, Mudvayne, and Slipknot. Now those are some heavy bands.

26th Jun, 2004 - 3:11am / Post ID: #

Do Music To Listen You Why

That is probably true, but whenever heavy metal music is discussed, Zeppelin is included in the discussion. I think it is because all of the heavy metal music takes its roots primarily from Led Zeppelin. Not that I know much about heavy metal. I don't like it. But I can see how Zeppelin paved the way.

Post Date: 29th Jun, 2004 - 10:58am / Post ID: #

A Friend

If music be the food of love, (which it probably isn't) play on! Unfortunately, I only play the piano and the recorder, and neither instrument can play the songs I listen to. I've read through all four pages and discovered that so far, I'm the only person to put techno down as her (or his) music or choice.

And it's not even like I enjoy the headnodding beat or the lyrics (baby-easy rhyme scheme) but just that techo really helps me concentrate when I'm doing my homework, for some unknown reason. Of course, it doesn't help when my father walks in on me absent mindedly nodding while typing. My music taste is also strange for a teenager, some people say. After all, no offence to any of the heavy metal fans on this thread, I can't stand rock or heavy metal. At all. And neither can I listen to rap, for some unknown reason. It just sets my nerves on end.

Mood, I feel, is important in listening to music. Your mood and the mood of the music. Personally, I listen to whatever catches my fancy. smile.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 30th Jun, 2004 - 9:04pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Why You Listen To Music Do - Page 4

QUOTE (xepher @ 29-Jun 04, 5:58 AM)
Mood, I feel, is important in listening to music. Your mood and the mood of the music. Personally, I listen to whatever catches my fancy. smile.gif

that is so true, I love techno but I have to be in the mood for it, Depending on my mood i listen to everything from classical to techno to heavy metal and punk, pretty much anything besides country, that i can't stand.

Post Date: 1st Jul, 2004 - 2:09pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Why You Listen To Music Do Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 4

QUOTE (xepher @ 29-Jun 04, 5:58 AM)
If music be the food of love, (which it probably isn't) play on! Unfortunately, I only play the piano and the recorder, and neither instrument can play the songs I listen to. I've read through all four pages and discovered that so far, I'm the only person to put techno down as her (or his) music or choice.

Music does not equate the food of love. It's more than that, trust me.

Okay. It's 10+ at night, and I skipped some posts. But filk is a very rare choice, I suppose - because a lot of people don't even know what filk is. But it's good. It has a beat, and tells a story, and the tunes have a folk-like air to them.

I've been playing the piano for about 8 years now, and I'm deeply attracted to music. I don't listen to a specific genre of music - if I do, it's because there's something in that genre that I love. Like New Age. It's very relaxing, and it can make you think and soothes your soul at the same time. I personally like Classical, and I find a lot of popular music good - which I why I also go for Crossovers. I'm not too much of a purist here, and I personally feel that crossovers are one of those things that have the best of both worlds.

But even though I'm supposedly a teenager with raging hormones and things along those lines, I have never liked heavy metal. If I needed any energy, coffee would be the best thing to have. smile.gif

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (11) »

> TOPIC: Why Do You Listen To The Music You Do?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,