Why Do You Listen To The Music You Do? - Page 5 of 11

I have read through all of the posts and I - Page 5 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 14th Jan, 2005 - 5:18pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (11) »
Yep, we want to know - and no sad stories either.
Post Date: 1st Jul, 2004 - 6:43pm / Post ID: #

Why Do You Listen To The Music You Do?
A Friend

Why Do You Listen To The Music You Do? - Page 5

I personally love to listen to music in another language. I don't know what it is. I suppose it's because i have a love for the music itself than what the vocalist is trying to say. words are important too, but some songs are ruined by them.

techno and house fall the same way i guess because some lack words and it energizes my creativity. but like xepher says, i listen whatever i fancy.

Sponsored Links:
10th Aug, 2004 - 4:26pm / Post ID: #

Do Music To Listen You Why

The place I listen to music the most is in my car, usually to and from work. I play a station that plays pop music from the 80s, 90s and today. I like it because it wakes me up on the way to work and makes me happy on the way home. At work we sometimes get to play music after the store is closed and it's always pop and rock, it really keeps the energy going.

Post Date: 8th Dec, 2004 - 9:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Why Do You Listen To The Music You Do? Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I'm not sure why I listen to the music that I listen to. Mood does affect when I listen to some music but it does not affect why I like the music that I like. I will listen to almost anything except most country and rap. I do not like most country because the twang that is used in playing the guitars irritates me and there are alot of songs on topics that to not really matter. I do not listen to most rap because I do not agree with the violence, drug and alcohol usage, and sexual connotations that more mainstream rap songs have.

9th Dec, 2004 - 2:41pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 Do Music To Listen You Why

I like to listen to music while reading a book. It gets you further in the mood. It's also nice sometimes to just sit down and hear some good music. It can exaggerate the mood you are in, what may be bad if you are already sad, but if not it's wonderful.

Post Date: 2nd Jan, 2004 - 6:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Do Music To Listen You Why

I Listen to Country Music. I think that the reason I enjoy listening to it, is because each song seems to tell it's own little story, be it happy, or be it sad. Country Music videos to me, are like little mini movies.

Post Date: 14th Jan, 2005 - 12:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I don't listen to music based on styles. If a group sounds interesting, I listen to them despite there style. Right now I am listening to a new group called Coheed and Cambria. I like listening to them because they are so unique and different. I listen to music that I can feel. When Beethoven played music he didn't hear it, he felt it. Because of that, I end up listening to music with a lot of emotion. I don't particularly aalignmy self with EMO bands, but I do like a lot of them. Music helps me think, it helps me clear my head, and music can determine the mood I'm in. Music plays such an integral role in my life that if I went def, I would be more depressed from missing music then from hearing people talk.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
14th Jan, 2005 - 4:43pm / Post ID: #

Why You Listen To Music Do - Page 5

Right now I have a Godsmack CD in the CD player in my car. For those of you who don't know Godsmack, or heard any of their music, it is very angry and full of rage. Don't ask me why this helps me, but it does, much more than say soft soothing music. I think it pumps me up or raises my adrenaline and gets me ready for action. Call me unusual but it does the trick!

Post Date: 14th Jan, 2005 - 5:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Why You Listen To Music Do Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 5

rolleyes.gif I have read through all of the posts and I agree with a lot of the comments about either mood affecting your choice or choosing music that will help change your mood. Music has played a huge part in my life. Growing up, my emotions were so close to the surface that most music just made me cry. Now, music really can inspire me and help me be in the mood I want to be in. I use this in many situations, not just to feel happier. For example, when I was giving birth to my children, I listened to really intense music. It really helped me cope with the pain and to pass through the final stages quickly.

I have used music as therapy for myself as well. In order to help me feel certain things and work through them, I would listen to music that was in tune with what I was dealing with at the moment, the emotions that went along with that issue, and it really was helpful. It was very cathartic for me.

I like all kinds of music, like spiritual, 70's and 80's, classical, some country, pop, and some soft rock. I don't listen to heavy rock and roll unless it is for a purpose, like the ones mentioned above. One of my favorites is, now don't laugh, Barry Manilow. I just love his music and there is not one song of his that isn't uplifting or telling a story that I can learn from. His music just makes me happy to be alive.

Offtopic but,
I always wanted to go on 'Name That Tune' because I like and know about so many different types of music! rolleyes.gif

Reconcile Edited: dawnofthenew on 14th Jan, 2005 - 5:21pm

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (11) »

> TOPIC: Why Do You Listen To The Music You Do?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,